FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

That Falkirk Keeper

davieB

First post for me for a while, but I just had to comment on THAT keeper.

What a plonker!! I have just seen the highlights on Sentanta and the 3rd goal looks even worse on the tv. Without doubt that is the worst performance I have ever seen from a keeper at the Caley stadium - yes even worse than Les Fridge against Ayr Utd in the cup.

He should have definitely got the man of the match award from the match day sponsor (just for a laugh). Lets not be fooled ICT were abysmal for 70 minutes of the game, but when we finally decided to attack them Falkirk fell apart.

Question for anyone - If you were the Falkirk manager what could you say to the keeper after that performance??

Does anyone know if the keeper has a fan club because I would like to join it  as he was funnier than most standup comics I have seen  :notworthy01:

Even before the first goal he'd flapped and punched easily catchable crosses. I said to my boy we just need to get shots in at him because he was so pish, and right enough..... :001:

Yep, we were ***** for 70 minutes, but full credit to CC for changing it. What a fantastic last 20mins.

Yeh, for the 3rd goal the free kick was just in front of my brother and I and we were both shouting to Rankin "Shoot, just shoot, the keeper is shocking just get a shot on target and it might go in."

Any shot on or off target today the keeper made look dangerous.

Love this quote taken from The Scotsman -> http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=1562412006

In the 70th minute he punched away a Barry Wilson corner as if his arm was made of marshmallow. His limp clearance was central to Craig Dargo heading Inverness back into the contest. He then seemed to be right in the middle of his goal when Ian Rankin arrowed a free-kick into that same area nine minutes from time, yet somehow ended up nowhere the effort from 20 yards. By the time the same player hoisted in a nothing-ball from the right flank that beat the goalkeeper at his back post four minutes from time, it was open to doubt whether he would stopped a beach ball rolled to him by a two-year-old.