FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What do you think draws new fans to see ICT

12th Man

What you you think lures new supporters to the ICT FAN CLAN.

Is it work colleagues talking about football and ICT

Pals at school

TV coverage

Good coverage in the local papers

Looking at the position in the league table

The reasonable price for a half season ticket

What do you think has the strongest influence in planting the seed of thought in someones head to decide that they want to go and watch ICT for the first time.

In an age of poor Scottish National teams (the worst in memory) , , ordinary performances by Scotlands top clubs in Europe , and a general lack of local talent (compared to years gone by ) ICT stand out as a shining light of success , an amazing rise from obscurity to rubbing noses with the elite clubs of the SPL . They have ruffled the Old Firm and have graced the Scottish League like a breath of fresh air .

If you have had anything to do with the Highlands or Inverness at some stage in your life , why wouldn't you follow the fortunes of this small but very impressive and exciting Club ?

• Agree 11

You could probably list 101 things that draw fans to come see ICT, but what's more important is the reason they keep coming back.

Nope, not SPL football...it's the sense of belonging and how quick fans are to welcome new fans into the fold (even if it's not obvious some times). I also think that is very much a Highlands thing and few other places could replicate it.

Up here we think nothing of giving a stranger a nod in the street or saying good morning or whatever...do that down south and you'll get a strange look...or worse.

That extends into the football. All any stranger has to do is make it known he is willing to talk ICT and they're made welcome and invited to join your company. That seed of interest is nurtured and people are accepted into the fold without prejudice...what's even better is the fact that we, as a community, tend to do it without thinking about it.

This forum is full of people who's "First Encounters" would have been made in the above manner.

From there, I think people just get addicted to the ICT mentality...an enigma much like the Loch Ness Monster in that, we all know it exists, some claim to have seen it, but nobody really understands it!!!

• Agree 6

Up here we think nothing of giving a stranger a nod in the street or saying good morning or whatever...do that down south and you'll get a strange look...or worse.

That extends into the football. All any stranger has to do is make it known he is willing to talk ICT and they're made welcome and invited to join your company. That seed of interest is nurtured and people are accepted into the fold without prejudice...what's even better is the fact that we, as a community, tend to do it without thinking about it.

This forum is full of people who's "First Encounters" would have been made in the above manner.

I have had first hand experience of this...never a truer word spoken. Have a green dot.

The Loch Ness monster exists ????

Of course it does ... The courier printed proof last week :tongueincheek:

13910.photo.3.jpg

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/13910/Mystery_surrounds_Loch_Ness__91humps_92.html

Yes, an amazing coincidence that the "monster's" three "humps" happened to correspond exactly with the three sections of the house immeidately above it and from which light would have been impingeing on the loch surface. Credit to Adrian Shine, even though he is a "believer", for being objective enough not to jump on this bandwagon.Anyway... to return to topic, I would be interested to hear what kind of "new" support has come into ICT as a result of 17 very high profile years. It must be growing from somewhere. (In addition to those among the thousands and thousands of original Refuseniks who have latterly seen the light of course :laugh: )

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Out of interest, does the tourist board push the club to visitors?

I have visited the Tourist Information office in Inverness on several occasions and I have never seen anything relating to football...or any other local sport come to that. Having said that, I've not really been looking for it, but, suffice to say, there was nothing that caught the eye.

I don't buy the reflection theory either.....

- The location of Nessie would mean that the trees on the opposite bank were obscuring line of sight between the "reflection" and the house.

- Why would only the one house be reflected and not the other, in fact, nothing else is reflected in the water.

- The angle of the shadows indicate the sun is high in the sky, any refracted light likely to be strong enough to generate such a clear reflection would not be hitting the water.

I'm also certain that we're dragging this thread wayyyy of topic and about to witness a split!!!

One of the reasons that the Highlands, and Inverness in particular, was such a magnet for economic migrants from Poland a few years ago, was that a superclub in Krakow used to play 'Bring It On Home' at the climax of every night. Rumour has it that its popularity spread to Romania and this is the real reason that Marius signed for us.

• Agree 1

In my opinion and experience - it is becos we actually are a very welcoming bunch - I have met peeple from all over the feckin world at games - if I dont recognise a face I will chat to them and bring them in to the main crowd and introduce them. We really do make peeple feel at home and probably more likely to return.

ICT used to give out free tickets to my school back in the 3rd division days, that was a draw for me to come along.

My first game was a Tennents SC game against hamilton, years ago and i kept coming back to see live football, i've always believed making ICT get more involved in the surrounding (culloden & nairn) area is key to new fans either switching teams or just getting involved in your local club. that can either come from giving out a few hundred free tix for some early cup games/random SPL games or even to roy's testimonial the other night to give him a big crowd to get a key age group of 10-16 year olds involved.

free tickets isn't the only solution though, if ict was to get involved in soccer skills, talks about respect etc. (rosco can take a 1/2 day when the ref matter comes up) i think it would create more awareness and get more younger fans along, spending money on merch, programmes, tickets etc.

we can't expect our current league position to magically create more fans other than the glory hunters!