FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT's Performance This Season

Laurence

So it was 'we' at the start of the thread, now it's 'you'.

So nobody on here sees these major problems? Only you o wise one......

Read your first post again, which definitely invites a slanging match. You slag off everything including ourselves the fans.

The problem with you, since you deigned to move up amongst us, is that you think you are doing us a favour. Don't patronise us as if we have heather coming out of our ears.

And learn something about the club's history. It's obvious in some of your posts that you haven't bothered.

The fact is ICT probably has the smallest budget in the SPL and we do what we can to stay there. There was plenty of attractive attacking football in the lower divisions. We know Scottish fitba is shyte. If fitba is a big part of your life you should have researched it before moving up.

For most of us ICT is part of our life - not a lifestyle choice.

Spot on, I couldn't have said it better myself

Agreed!!

If there has been anyone more dedicated to supporting teams through thick and thin I would be pleased to see him/her

My last team of any note that I followed was Wimbledon.

Bit of a contradiction there? You want to meet someone who is more dedicated than you to supporting a team through thick and thin? How about speaking to someone who has supported the same team all their life? They do exist, you know!

Maybe wombles have a different outlook on things to the rest of us.

You claim to have 'supported' lots of teams throughout your life. That doesn't seem dedicated to me.

Bit of a contradiction there? You want to meet someone who is more dedicated than you to supporting a team through thick and thin? How about speaking to someone who has supported the same team all their life? They do exist, you know!

I took Laurence's post to mean that he is someone who has moved around a bit over the course of his life and has made a point of going to watch the local team wherever he is living - not quite the same as 'supporting through thick and thin', as he put it, but nothing wrong with it in principle, and plenty of people do it.

It's naive at best, and extremely patronising at worst, however, for him to assume he can come onto a site like this which is populated with many long-serving and extremely knowledgeable supporters, launch a completely immoderate attack on the players, management and club as a whole, and expect that suddenly the scales will fall from our collective eyes and we will realise that he, Laurence, has shown us the light.

What an arrogant ignoramus. First of all you say that you want to see attacking, entertaining football and then go on to say that you supported was Wimbledon - a team known for making their way up the leagues playing a brutal, diabolical style of football. You also say words to the effect that there is no-one more dedicated to supporting teams through thick and thin than you - so why is it when the going gets tough at ICT, you jump ship? That makes the statement you made, obviously utter rubbish. You say the "last team you follow was Wimbledon", but you gave up on them as well - especially when they folded and had to rebuild themselves. Some supporter you are! Your statement seems to suggest as well that there were other teams before that, again proves your statement to be utter rubbish (and Wimbledon is hardly a local club to someone from Lancashire!). Want to see a supporter more dedicated then you? Maybe have a look at the couple of thousand people who go the Caley Stadium on cold winter nights. They are a more dedicated group of football fans than you will ever be. Perhaps a change of attitude a change towards us wouldn't go a miss either - but simply we don't care if you don't come back - no-one will miss you.

Goodnight and God bless

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Laurance has come up here from the south and chose, at some point last season, to start supporting the local team. Ever since then he has done nothing but nit-pick performances and slate the team. Trying to compare us with whats on offer down south and being disappointed by what he has witnessed.

Laurance, we are a Scottish team in a Scottish league playing a Scottish style of football. If thats not good enough for you then so be it. Your contribution to the club and this forums will not be missed.

• Agree 2

What an arrogant ignoramus. First of all you say that you want to see attacking, entertaining football and then go on to say that you supported was Wimbledon - a team known for making their way up the leagues playing a brutal, diabolical style of football. You also say words to the effect that there is no-one more dedicated to supporting teams through thick and thin than you - so why is it when the going gets tough at ICT, you jump ship? That makes the statement you made, obviously utter rubbish. You say the "last team you follow was Wimbledon", but you gave up on them as well - especially when they folded and had to rebuild themselves. Some supporter you are! Your statement seems to suggest as well that there were other teams before that, again proves your statement to be utter rubbish (and Wimbledon is hardly a local club to someone from Lancashire!). Want to see a supporter more dedicated then you? Maybe have a look at the couple of thousand people who go the Caley Stadium on cold winter nights. They are a more dedicated group of football fans than you will ever be. Perhaps a change of attitude a change towards us wouldn't go a miss either - but simply we don't care if you don't come back - no-one will miss you.

Goodnight and God bless

Rene, have you gone to 'the book'? ohmy.gif

Laurance Im sorry you have been in poor health but I just dont think you get us at all. A lot of us on here are one team supporters even if we move to the other side of the world ICT is our team. Living in the Highlands many people fought for many years to get league representation and really apart from those who support the old firm, we really have 2 choices of team - ourselves and County. A lot of us supported Caley or Thistle pre merger and now that we at ICT this is our one and only team. Our club is different to others in my opinion we really are a "family" and because we are a small club most folk know or know of each other. A lot of us have only supported one club all our days and it is alien to us to drop one club to move onto another. We know we will probably never be the best in Scotland but that doesnt matter and I actually think it is better that its not good all the time as it means that the really good times mean so much more to us. You are entitled to your opinion but to come up here and lecture us is very arogant indeed. As someone else said on another thread "we may be s..t but they are our sh.t". Sorry you wont be missed - Ill carry on spending my saturdays with the dedicated bunch of supporters that I know we are through good days and bad!

• Agree 1

OK - Slight shot across the bows to those making and taking it personally

Laurence has as much right to come on here and express an opinion as anyone else ... just as we have the right to tell him that we believe he is suffering from a humongous dose of verbal diarrhoea ... and because we are intelligent and articulate ICT fans who have followed our club through thick and thin, we are even able to do that without getting overly personal and lowering ourselves to the level shown in the very first post in the thread where we are called "the worst fans", or by telling him he is not welcome (something mods/admin will decide if it ever comes to that).

[/end of sermon]

Laurence .... Cant figure out if you are a troll or if you are actually serious !!! If trolling then well done, you certainly caught a few big fish in your net. If serious, then I think you need somewhat of a reality check about the game in Scotland which is dying on its feet due to years of mismanagement at league management level and the imposition of rules and penalties on fans which have killed any atmosphere, or virtually any attempt to generate one at matches.......

I am and always will be an ICT supporter. It doesnt matter to me whether we are in the HFL or the SPL or somewhere in-between (although quite clearly I do want the team to compete at the highest level possible). As Mantis said, its part of our life, not a lifestyle choice. I would go further and say it is also not an accessory to be wheeled out when playing one of the big teams or going on an impressive run.

I happen to live 3500 miles away, and am currently a season ticket holder at Toronto FC in MLS but that doesn't stop me supporting ICT. I run this site with the help of others, and have done so since 1994. Moving across the Atlantic neither killed my passion for MY club, nor did it diminish it. Instead of going to ICT games, I now get up early to listen to them on the internet. Instead of meeting up with mates in the pub before and after games, I now discuss it online with them, and instead of having a season ticket I now try to ensure that I can serve the club in other ways like donating my time and professional expertise to help with their website, or sponsoring players (again with the help of others) through the site. Thats what real fans of their club do, they support the club in whatever way they can ... because whether we are good fans or bad fans in your eyes, whether moaning or complimenting things, we are still fans of the club and will still be fans tomorrow, next week, next month, next year ..... and beyond.

You mention "atmosphere" and to an extent I do agree with you on that point, especially as I experience 20,000+ at each TFC game I attend and the atmosphere is normally electric. However, I do not agree with where you point the blame and feel your opinion suffers from an ignorance or lack of comprehension of just how things have evolved here (ie. Scotland, not just Inverness) over the past several years.

From the time we moved into the TCS until I emigrated in 2003, I had season tickets right above the tunnel and my friends still sit there. In those times we were indeed surrounded by "sweetie rustlers" but we did get chants going and the atmosphere was as good as you get "with a Highlander" (we are naturally more reserved than some others). If we stepped out of line or went over the top, a knowing look from the stadium manager (directly below me in the tunnel) would allow us to dial things back on a friendly level. However, on recent trips home, those same friends no longer chant, sing or throw out barbed one-liners to the opposition managers or subs .... not because they don't care, or because they are bad supporters, but because over the ensuing years clubs have been put under pressure to clamp down on things said, shouted, sung, or chanted and fans are routinely threatened by over-officious stewards (or in the past, Chief Executives) with Football Banning Orders. Fair enough for offensive stuff such as religious, ethnic, racial or other slurs, but it also has the effect of killing "banter". If you think that is just at the TCS then you are sadly mistaken.

Seems like you have experienced a single season of the roller-coaster adventure that is ICT and have decided it is not for you. Fair enough, that's your choice, but please, just as I have said to our posters at the beginning of this post, that they should not get personal with you or tell you you are not welcome ... don't feel you have the right to come on here, stereotype every single one of us a sh*** supporters and basically say we are not worthy of your support. That is pompous and arrogant and there is only one cure for that ...... Service 28 or 28a to Dingwall (http://www.stagecoachbus.com/uploads/service28draftaug2010.pdf)

• Agree 1

Feckin brilliant Laurence :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Oh I do hope that it is the JailEnder :biggrin:

Wimbledon were one of the best pure footballing playing teams of the last century - a bit like a Barcelone of today - their system was just wholly based on total football. I suppose that the next team was MK Dons. If you aint TJE then I hope that your contribution to this forum has given you a confidence boost to fight against yer cancer. But if you are TJE or any other hoaxer then that wee statement is absolutely deplorable although it could also explain why you appear so contradictory, and pontificating circumstantially or perhaps it is the morphine. The CA crap should end this feckin thread - irrespective of whether it is genuine or not.

DIAGNOSIS : Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder