FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ross Tokely

Alex MacLeod

Good news, but I can't help laugh that the article was posted on the club website just after the news broke on STV. Odd way for the club to operate.

Not 100% sure but I think that may have something to do with Press Release exclusivity.

very much doubt it is anything to do with exclusivity .... just slow !

The club really has never changed.

I think far too many folk on this forum should take up fictional writing as a hobby, they all seem rather keen - and some, rather good - at it.

Glad he's signed on for a year, he has his moments here and there but in my eyes, does enough good to make up for it.

• Agree 2

What a bunch of feckin muppets :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I am reliably informed that we had to await the Marius Niculae decision to see if we had the spondoolicks to maintain Rosscoe's wage structure.

He really has proved us wrong in the last couple of seasons and I expect that he has been told that he will bw more of a squad player this year and I would keep him out of a starter in central defence - having said that he then performs to a standard that keeps it difficult to leave him out of the staring X1.

The man has to be the total legend in ICT history and lets hope that his final season brings him - and us - someting a wee bit special. :thumbup:

Just read that Tokely was leaving, glad to hear theres been a change of heart. Certainly would have been an end of an era otherwise,we have lost too many members of the family this season already.

Best wishes Mr and Mrs Tokes on their great day.

Edited by 12th Man

Good news, but I can't help laugh that the article was posted on the club website just after the news broke on STV. Odd way for the club to operate.

Not 100% sure but I think that may have something to do with Press Release exclusivity.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about here. The Press Release went out round about 5:30 on Friday at which time it's possible for broadcasters to respond very quickly and get the news out in a timescale of a few minutes. Capital Caley appears to be claiming it went on the club site shortly after STV's bulletin at 6:20. What's the issue?

5:30 is also after normal closing time at the Stadium and I really think people down there, even of they are still working at that hour, have got better things to do with their time than hang around just in case there might be something to go on the website.

At this time of day, if they had waited with the general Release until after they had got it on the official site, then it would have missed Friday night bulletins and there would have been several cross broadcasters - including myself.

In general (and I suspect I speak for most journalists) I think that the best way IS for stuff to go out to the media first and then on to the club website maybe at the same time (which will be difficult to manage) or quite shortly after, which has happened here. Newsdesks, who convey news to far more people than a club website, are constantly across their emails but in terms of being across a single football club website, that reduces who gets it when to a complete lottery if it's on the official site first. However on odd occasions such as this, it will also mean that news can go out on air just before it goes on the official site.

I am taking it that, in saying that this release went on to the official site shortly after it went out on STV, Capital Caley was on and off the official site sufficiently often to know exactly when it wasn't there and when it was?

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 3

I really don't see what all the fuss is about here. The Press Release went out round about 5:30 on Friday at which time it's possible for broadcasters to respond very quickly and get the news out in a timescale of a few minutes. Capital Caley appears to be claiming it went on the club site shortly after STV's bulletin at 6:20. What's the issue?

5:30 is also after normal closing time at the Stadium and I really think people down there, even of they are still working at that hour, have got better things to do with their time than hang around just in case there might be something to go on the website.

At this time of day, if they had waited with the general Release until after they had got it on the official site, then it would have missed Friday night bulletins and there would have been several cross broadcasters - including myself.

In general (and I suspect I speak for most journalists) I think that the best way IS for stuff to go out to the media first and then on to the club website maybe at the same time (which will be difficult to manage) or quite shortly after, which has happened here. Newsdesks, who convey news to far more people than a club website, are constantly across their emails but in terms of being across a single football club website, that reduces who gets it when to a complete lottery if it's on the official site first. However on odd occasions such as this, it will also mean that news can go out on air just before it goes on the official site.

I am taking it that, in saying that this release went on to the official site shortly after it went out on STV, Capital Caley was on and off the official site sufficiently often to know exactly when it wasn't there and when it was?

I do see your point here from your journalist view. My point was more that in general the club seem to struggle to communicate with fans. This was just another example. I agree, they do have better things to do, but more important issues, such as ticket info, times etc sometimes get updated late as well and that's not good enough. The Courier has run an article saying that the English tour is going ahead, yet the club is saying still no confirmation. Are the club being super slow again or have the Courier got wrong information? The club tell me to check the website, but when will the club get round to updating it? I also wan't on and off the site sufficiently to know when it was and wasnt there. I simply checked the site after the news, and it wasn't there. Then ten(ish) minutes later when I was closing the tab, I noticed it was there. Simples! Also, sorry for leading this forum astray. Thrilled to have Rossco for one more year!!!

Edited by CapitalCaley

I do see your point here from your journalist view. My point was more that in general the club seem to struggle to communicate with fans. This was just another example. I agree, they do have better things to do, but more important issues, such as ticket info, times etc sometimes get updated late as well and that's not good enough. The Courier has run an article saying that the English tour is going ahead, yet the club is saying still no confirmation. Are the club being super slow again or have the Courier got wrong information? The club tell me to check the website, but when will the club get round to updating it? I also wan't on and off the site sufficiently to know when it was and wasnt there. I simply checked the site after the news, and it wasn't there. Then ten(ish) minutes later when I was closing the tab, I noticed it was there. Simples! Also, sorry for leading this forum astray. Thrilled to have Rossco for one more year!!!

Yes I wouldn't know enough to comment on the generality of day to day club information. I just wanted to say that I think the club did as well as could be expected in this specific case of a story breaking very late on a Friday afternoon.

Personally i think discussing the timing of the press release is dragging this off topic ..... but to get my own tuppence worth in ... I dont see the problem in either side of the argument !!!!

Its an MS Word document from the club and once its cut and pasted to the official site it can be sent to a mailing list of people in about 5 seconds ... really dont see the problem of getting both out at the same time. If you want the TV boffins to get it earlier but dont want it to display on the site until a certain time (say 6PM) then you just send it out early enough for the journos to prepare, and then add it to the website but keep it unpublished until the embargo day/time. We do it on here frequently and the story then publishes itself at the time we specify.

On the other side of the coin, also dont see why people are getting uptight or upset at the club for being second to a TV report. Yes its frustrating and maybe it looks bad if you are page-hopping to the official site all day but the bottom line is that the official website has never been a top priority for the club and the person / people tasked with running it have loads of other things they are expected to do at ther stadium too, so getting a story published on the same day, within the same hour, when that time is past normal working hours on a Friday should not be drawing as much flak.

The Courier has run an article saying that the English tour is going ahead, yet the club is saying still no confirmation. Are the club being super slow again or have the Courier got wrong information?

A bit of both ..... The club are being 'cautious' rather than slow whilst the Courier are publishing information that could be regarded as 'common knowledge' even though it has not been 100% confirmed.

Pre-season tours always have paperwork, agreements and contracts associated with them and my information is that the club will issue a statement confirming opponents and dates when all the 'i's have been dotted and 't's crossed. I expect them to confirm all the friendlies in the early part of next week.

I do find it frustrating at times that they are late in putting out news - especially when it comes to signing players or current players signing contracts. It can be helpful however Nothing is reported by the club unless it happens. Better for buisness imo.

Edited by ajsict92

Due to the content of some of the offerings on here, I went to the Rumour Mill to check out the content of the Rossco thread thereon and HEY!!

Maybe IHE could arrange to get Happy Pills to some of the 'fans' as it would appear that we have a lot of 'trouble at mill'!

The source for all statements is probably as well founded as their Rossco offerings... their belief in our leader is so weak poor Terry is tried, found guilty and sentenced AND HE HAS NOT EVEN ISSUED ANY DETAILS OF HIS TARGETS YET!!

To again quote Mr IHE ... Muppets!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

Really irritates me when people try and imply that those who disagree with their view, or simply question the actions of the club they support are somehow less of a supporter than they are.

(BTW I'm delighted Tokely is staying)

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 3

Really irritates me when people try and imply that those who disagree with their view, or simply question the actions of the club they support are somehow less of a supporter than they are.

Agree! it would be a dull world if we all just followed the party line like sheep and didnt woice our opinions.

• Agree 1

Agree! it would be a dull world if we all just followed the party line like sheep and didnt woice our opinions.

I was brought up to toe the line and be respectful of others opinions.

I was brought up to toe the line and be respectful of others opinions.

But...................!