FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dunfermline v ICT: Matchday Thread

Joonya

On reflection a fair result. We need to sort out our defence. Tokely needs to get himself sorted and Hogg needs to get match fit. Piermayr seems to be settling fairly quickly which is a plus and we got some good goals today and if it hadnt been for Tade stealing Forans goal and getting it chopped off then who knows. It's coming together. Slowly but surely. Hard game next now though.

Got all of the 2nd half on a stream. We showed good character and imposed ourselves well physically in midfield. There are more positives to take from this game than the Well game. However, it's going to be a real challenge for Butcher to sort the back four out.

Well, that has to be one of the poorest displays I've seen for a long time. Exciting game, but poor poor football.

Defending non existant at first 2 goals, only improved when Aldred came on. Passing wayward, we couldn't even pass the ball into the corner to run down the clock in the 88th min :amazed: . Attacking, not much going for us there. Deflected goal, mistake by their keeper and a bundle over the line apart and Djebi Tadi going for glory costing us a goal, apart, what was there, Nothing!!

Bonus is a point and 3 goals.

I'm going for a lie down!!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

shocking display again for 3/4 of game. last 1/4 ok. poor defending for dunfermline goals. 2 wingers not working, being overrun in middle of park 2 against 4. same as last week hayes very poor. team cant keep possesion for more than 3 passes. unbelievable tade stretching a toe to chalk of forans header for offside as it was entering net.

played better when back four of tokely, hogg, aldred, pierymar although barrowman and kirk roasted the defence all day.

when 3 -2 up game was over, got a free kick on edge of dunfermline box, hayes tried to pass ball into corner to wind down clock, passed to opposition instead who legged it up park to win the free kick for equaliser. jonny has now cost us the points the last 2 weeks.

dissapointed in esson at 3rd goal, showed no respect to hardie, who even i know can hit a good free kick. was at the post the ball went into setting up wall while hardie was hiiting ball and then was walking to centre of goal when free kick passed him high to his right and side.

worrying when we cant beat the team fav to go down.

even more worrying we cant defend a lead with 2 mins to go

• Agree 1

We are equal top scorers in the SPL and only 4 pointsoff the top.

I will start wrrying after 22 games and we are adrift at the oot, until then, let's just wait and see.

Sloppy defending at the first goal, how big lads like Tokely and Hogg were bossed for that one I'll never know.

Still, give it time :blink:

First time I've seen Chris Hogg play in the flesh. As far as I could see he was the problem at the back. For a start he's too wee. He looks decent in the air for the size of him but thought he struggle against Barrowman. His inability to win headers against Barrowman in particular meant the ball stayed in and around our box longer than it should've. Think he was playing Kirk on for the second goal. Stupid place to give away a free kick for the third goal too. Aldred looks a better option. I realise it's only one game though

Thought we were lucky not to have been out of it at half time. Fortunately Dunfernline tired. Two centre mids look quality

Edited by Tormod

Just watching the replay on Alba just now and I see we have not solved our inability to take a throw in. We even import guys from Austria who would not look out of place on a youtube video for how not to take a throw in. Not one, not two, but three in a row which looked so unprofessional it is unbelievable.

Thomas, learn to take a throw in please then tell the rest of them.

ooft, deflected cross flat footed the defenders and captain Kirk had all the time in the world to pick his spot as Rossco slaps his thighs :rolleyes:

The first half was our worst performance since Brewster was manager, absolutely awful stuff. We looked disorganised at the back, our midfield were non existant and up front we weren't doing anything. Hogg and Rosscoe just weren't gelling at all in the middle and kept losing the ball in the air. Barrowman and Kirk were all over them, pulling them out of position and giving them questions they couldn't answer. Very poor picking up for the first two Pars goals. In the middle of the park in the first 45 we were ineffectual - Tansey was quiet and Jones looked off the pace. Jones seems like he could be a player but didn't work hard enough. Such a big guy could be a real asset if he had more of an engine but he just didn't get involved enough. He hit a couple of decent passes so we'll hope that he comes to assert himself more as he becomes established. Up front Foran and Tade were dealing with high balls that they couldn't do anything with, Tade especially didn't seem to know what he was doing while Foran at least did some good work dropping deeper.

Second half we seemed to push ourselves into the game more through force of effort than any real improvement, although Tansey began to take more of a hold of things and play some good passes. He showed great feet and composure to work himself space for the first goal, although his shot was deflected over Gallagher. Once again, terrible marking at the back did for us minutes later with Tokely abandoning his man to allow him a free header. Very, very poor stuff.

We continued to make more headway than in the first half but without doing much of quality. Doran was on a off day, he didn't look confident and hit poor crosses and lost the ball on several occasions. The one time he did manage to get a ball over, Foran flicked it in only for Tade, standing in an offside position, to tap it in from a few inches out. The ball was clearly going in, if Tade had stood still it would have been a goal. Absolutely mind boggling that a professional player would do that. Foran gave him a few choice words about it. The Pars still did for us with some decent passing and took advantage of our terrible, indecisive back line on a couple of occasions but Esson produced a good stop when Cardle (I think) had a shot at goal.

We brought Nick Ross on for Doran and he made a big difference in our game, he used the ball well and provided us with real impetous in the middle. We got back on terms when Jones pinged one from 25 yards that Gallagher fumbled and Hayes knocked in. Gallagher had done that a couple of minutes before, great awareness from Hayes to pull that one out. We took the lead when Foran's header across goal was bundled in by Tansey, showing great bravery in sticking his head in where it hurts. Most of our fans couldn't believe we were ahead and, to be honest, the Pars got what they deserved when Hardie stuck a brilliant, unstoppable free kick in the top corner after Hogg hauled a player down thirty yards out. Disappointing to lose an injury time goal for the second week running though.

Overall, I can't be too gutted about that as we got a point from a game that we easily could have lost convincingly. There are probably more positives for us than the Well game - good spirit, three goals and good showings from Forna, Tansey, Ross and Esson - but also big, big worries at the back. We just looked disorganised, with poor marking and nervousness characterising everything we did. The fact that we had experienced guys like Tokely and Hogg in there is also worrying.

Hopefully we can sort out the defence as we get more settled. We had to make two changes to our back line during the 90 minutes and this was the third different defensive line up in three games, which can't help organisationally. I am worried about goals coming from up front as Foran isn't going to be prolific at this level and Tade certainly isn't going to score lots of goals, until he learns the offside rule at least!

On a positive note, glad to see the Pars back in the SPL. Decent ground, good fans, nice wee town and a steak bridie. I also like that you are playing proper black and white stripes again after those ***** Yankees style tops for the last few years.

• Agree 3

Just watching the replay on Alba just now and I see we have not solved our inability to take a throw in. We even import guys from Austria who would not look out of place on a youtube video for how not to take a throw in. Not one, not two, but three in a row which looked so unprofessional it is unbelievable.

Thomas, learn to take a throw in please then tell the rest of them.

ooft, deflected cross flat footed the defenders and captain Kirk had all the time in the world to pick his spot as Rossco slaps his thighs :rolleyes:

Suggest that you have a peek again as the movement off the ball was basically a tired looking Johnny Hayes and Tade who ya must have second thoughts about throwing it to.

We were absolutely abysmal for the first half, improved after the break but still lots of work to do. Piemarr and Tansey are going to be very good for us this season, Jones looked very slow but can at least pass the ball.Hayes and Doran had shockers, Doran gets caught out of position too easily and does not track back. Tade put in a lot of effort but I feel the Spl is going to be too tough for him. We need an Andy Kirk in our team, I believe has something like 60 goals in 115 games for the pars.

Suggest nothing bud, we have been pish at throw ins since they were invented, and nothing has changed, be it the movement or the throwing.

Apart from that, we deserved our point, we could have made more from our openings and they made the most of theirs. Esson had a blip to make up for from last week and he made three or four Esson stops, routine for him.

All in all a hard earned point which was almost three and would have propelled us halfway up the league.

Chris, not read all of your post yet............you should have saved it for the main page :nanananana:

Well I just watched the game as live on the Alba channel. I didn't even know the score before the start and deliberately all TVs and radios so I could enjoy it as if I was there (I even shouted at the TV like I would in real life!). Oh dear - not good at all. Another late goal, a defence that looks terribly weak and Tade in an ICT kit! And what happened to this supposed passing football that was going to be played this year? Hoof after hoof after hoof. There's no way that team will get top six at this rate as that performance was just not good enough. From the defence, aside from Esson, only Piermayr to me looked a good player (though Aldred looked better when he came on). What's happened to Tokely? Way off the pace yet again. All this chopping and changing at the back will do no favours. When Gillet came off, why didn't Graeme Shinnie come on? Where was Graeme Shinnie anyway?!

Tansey looked good in the middle, but Foran seriously needs to calm down. Arguing with everyone under the sun will do no-one any good whatsoever. Tade looked a right donkey too. Improvement in all corners is desperately needed.

BTW - did anyone else hear a lot of booing from the coverage? Now Tade I can understand because he's ex-Raith, but Gillet as well? What lovely people.

Edited by Renegade

Like a few othersjust seen on Alba, where was the marking on their 2nd goal, we will be really punished ( maybe!!) next week if we do not start marking the oposition

on a posotive at least its a point and some goals on the board, I kinw terry said it would talke a couple of weeks for the team to settle , lets hope these last 2 weeks when we have given away late goal to cost us points dont carry on,

learn to hold the ball and take throws,

come on lets show um next week!!!

I can only echo other comments about how awful we were today. As Renegade says, what happened to the passing football we were promised? It was painful to watch.

Definitely time to give Sutherland a shot up front, maybe have Tade coming on as a sub and playing on the wing?

I don't want to be entirely negative- Tansey looked as though he'll be a real asset, Piermayr was decent and Ross was pretty effective when he came on, but IMHO those were the only positives to take from that match.

At least we'll beat Rangers next week :P

ESSON :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: Saved our fecki bacon again basically - what about that instinct block in the first few minutes - as good as ya get. As fer the hardie goal he was caught napping a bit by the quick take but it was a sceramer. If anything - why did he have to line up a feckin wall anyway !!

DOH A DEER :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: Can play left back as well as right and still look good BUT I do hope that he is not sacrificed and continued to be played at left back - get him back to the right asap please.

ROSSCOE :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: Personally I thought that he would be hooked once Hogg was back in. Two bad games in a row and he didnt look any better when he went to full back.

HOGG :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: Think that he was thrown in to early, should not have been paired with Rosscoe and suffered for not being match fit.

GILLET :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: Did nothing wrong but nothing of note before being stetchered off whic looked like a hamstring - which must have been bad if he needed a stretcher.

DORAN :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: Back to the frustrations of last year and the lack of consistency.

TENTPOLE TUDOR :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: I liked what I saw against Hibs but he was so lackadaiical today. That may well be his style and he may not be match fit but he needs to get in to the pace of the SPL.

TANSEY :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: Very impressive second half - great footwork fer the goal and deserved the richochet. Was the one person on the park who looked like he could find a pass.

HAYES :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: Still comes across as being above himself and needs to get back to Johnny the winger who stays wide, takes defenders on and looks for crosses and passes - not a feckin commanding midfield presence.

DJEBI TADE :twothumbsup: Headless chicken and the main consolation is that he doesnt play in defence. Can anone tell me where he was supposed to be playing in the second half ?

FORAN :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: Feel sorry for Richie as he is another who is covering a few deficits when he shouldnt have to. Thought he was the pick of the first half in the deeper role and did OK up front in the second.

PROCTOR :twothumbsup: What can I say apart from whoever picked him and put him on were to blame. His confidence must be shot.

ALDRED :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: Defence looked more solid and we started playing the ball out of defence and taking the midfield and wide players in to play.

ROSS :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: Personally I would pick him in front of Doran every game