FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SPOTIFY

Heilandee

Had an account for a while but didn't use it much, just getting into it now and loving listening to old albums of my youth from Genesis, Floyd, Purple,Bowie and other stuff i haven't listened to in yonks. What do others recommend for a listen? Gettin on a wee bit but still like stuff like the Artic Monkeys,The View,etc open to suggestions.

I just got the ?5 package but will be upgrading to the ?10 one so I can access whatever I want without the ads (on the free version) and have it available offline on phones and music players.

?10 may seem a lot for an online service but compared to buying music it wins every time.

I've been reliving my youth, Judas Priest, Maiden, Scorpions, Motorhead, etc.

Spotify is the dogs danglies...I've gone for the ?5 jobby, it gives you unlimited listening and gets rid of the ads. It makes listening to albums a better experience. As for listening to other 'new' stuff, what I tend to do is click on the 'Related Artists' tab and check out a few bands I've generally never heard of. As for my youth my bands would also include Supertramp, Moody Blues, Yes, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath.

post-8-0-30098900-1313211342_thumb.jpg

Related artists looks a good feature Gringo,It's not on the freebie version from what i can see,think i'll need to get over my inherent tightfistedness and subscribe. Good shout on the Moody Blues, used to be a big fan in my hippyish era,havnae heard them since the early 70's,god thats going back , still a good listen :twothumbsup:

I still prefer last.fm*

*which, in case you don't know, it's a piece of software that listens to what you play, then compiles your own radio station of played, related and recommended tracks. I like the whole randomness based on history of it all, as opposed to selecting tracks. Completely free too.

Great shout as well Starchief, never heard of Last FM,just signed up and listening to great stuff here,cheers for that ane. Love all the related info as well, didn't realise Roger Hodgson started his career with none other than Reg Dwight! who'd have thought it

Just remembered another feature of the ?10 option, you can stream music at a higher bitrate of up to 320kbps on your computer compared to 96/160kbps (not all tracks are currently available in the highest bitrate).

There are some hi-fi quality amplifiers available (Onkyo cinema systems) with the premium version pre-loaded so for any hi-fi gurus out there it looks like a good way to build onto their music collection without worrying about storage or their wallet.

I think I'll have to get me a Hi-Fi quality jukebox. :twothumbsup:

I've been reliving my youth, Judas Priest, Maiden, Scorpions, Motorhead, etc.

Bringing back some memories there! I can recall an Edinburgh gig with Klaus enthusiastically squeaking "Turn zee schpotlights on zee peeeepuuuuuuul!"

Mebbe's being a bit thick here but not quite getting the syncing bit of this.I understand the streaming and playlists etc,but can I get stuff onto either I pod or i pad to play offline on main Hi-Fi?

I'llget back to you on that once I go premium. I'm assuming the synched playlist is downloaded to the devices. There's a spotify app for ipod and android so should be easy for them to manage. My walkman might be retiring though.

Bringing back some memories there! I can recall an Edinburgh gig with Klaus enthusiastically squeaking "Turn zee schpotlights on zee peeeepuuuuuuul!"

I don't care to remember how long ago it is since I first saw them. Blackout tour April '82. Feck me I'm old.

I still prefer last.fm*

*which, in case you don't know, it's a piece of software that listens to what you play, then compiles your own radio station of played, related and recommended tracks. I like the whole randomness based on history of it all, as opposed to selecting tracks. Completely free too.

Just spotted that you can "Scrobble" to Last.FM from Spotify (whatever scrobble means?)

On menu bar:

Edit>Preferences

Opens new screen

post-2081-0-00342000-1313453954_thumb.pn

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the premium version for almost a week now and it's the proverbial dogs b0ll***s. The only issue I now have is setting up playlists I want offline and/or spending cash on a new memory card to store content to play offline. The app synchs with the apps on devices storing your chosen content. I'm getting a 32 or 64 Gb memory card soon. :twothumbsup:

I feel like a teenager in the music shop now. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the premium version for almost a week now and it's the proverbial dogs b0ll***s. The only issue I now have is setting up playlists I want offline and/or spending cash on a new memory card to store content to play offline. The app synchs with the apps on devices storing your chosen content. I'm getting a 32 or 64 Gb memory card soon. :twothumbsup:

I feel like a teenager in the music shop now. :thumbup:

i completely agree, i got it a couple of months ago and it is immense

what i do to get quick offline playlists is just access the spotify app on my phone while within range of my wifi and then search for the album/track i want and then sync it from the phone (edit offline playlists then check the album) rather than do it through a PC which takes a bit longer

a snippet i noticed which wasnt well advertised was that you are limited to syncing 3,333 offline tracks so that may come into consideration if you are getting a new memory card

That's my O2 500Mb data usage gone. I need a bigger memory for offline music, a bigger data allowance or both. :thumbdown:

i got a text saying i was close to my data limit within a few days of getting spotify, woops! :irritated: