FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Halkirk United 0-1 Inverness CT (LIVE)

caleyrule

ICT TEAM

Baldy

Skinner Aldred Murphy Smith

Greig Polworth Laing Watson

Dingwall Whyte

I bet Aldred is loving this. Coming from Watford to play with a bunch of kids against WHO?

Wonder if the midgies are out in Caithness, the same as they were in Brora last week ? He didnt like them there!!!

Final is v Nairn v Forres - which is played on Wednesday

Venue of final depends on the winner of wednesday game, if nairn wins it will likely to be at forres, if forres win its likely to be at clach as nairn dont want to hold it

Good open game and but for some poor finishing ICT should have won more comfortably. Aldred strolled through the game; also very good performances from Polworth and Whyte. Yes, the midgies were out!

Well done boys. First game I have missed of NOS Cup in ages (umpteen outside circumstances) but I will be there for the Final. All best wishes to you all (sorry about the midgies - flaming itchy nuisances).

Who knows,Caley Rule?

Maybe Terry is tuning up Aldred and trying to raise his confidence level as well, and being made Captain is an accolade any which way you look at it don't you think? Unless that player doesn't have humilty of course?

Anyway, Terry is the boss and it is up to ALL new recruits to ICT to follow orders and become better professionals. He does not have to demonstrate much to them but they do to him.

Hopefully very well right now, methinks.

Been thinking myself watching this tonight, what has he done wrong to deserve this, he has controlled and captained the team well tonight but yeh only v Halkirk but they have knocked out Clach and Wick

It is not inconcievable that Tom wanted the game to give himself more match time. Maybe the coaching team felt he'd be a good leader for the lads. Not everything has a sinister reason.

Halkirk played quite well. They have a strong team made up of some experienced ex-Wick Academy and Brora players and some good younger players. Both teams contributed to a good open game (even allowing for the midgies). ICT dominated the first half although there was a scare when a Halkirk effort came off the bar. Halkirk's best spell was the first 10 minutes of the second half. They also had a very good chance to score when the centre forward was through on goals but Baldie saved well. Perhaps the fact that the Halkirk goalie was 'man of the match' sums up the game.

Halkirk played quite well. They have a strong team made up of some experienced ex-Wick Academy and Brora players and some good younger players. Both teams contributed to a good open game (even allowing for the midgies). ICT dominated the first half although there was a scare when a Halkirk effort came off the bar. Halkirk's best spell was the first 10 minutes of the second half. They also had a very good chance to score when the centre forward was through on goals but Baldie saved well. Perhaps the fact that the Halkirk goalie was 'man of the match' sums up the game.

Was Dean McDonald there ??

How to that winger Greig get on? He looked good when I saw him.

Another cracking game by him on monday, put the cross in that Kyle Whyte converted to make to 1-0, his crosses and running at the defence was superb the whole night and caused them severe trouble, had a few good chances himself, cut in on his right foot with about 5 mins to go and qas so close to scoring a spectular shot only to be denied by a finger tip save by the halkirk keeper, infact if it wasnt for the keeper being so good it could have been a lot more goals for ICT

That's good. Even though I've only seen him and most the youth players once, he was the one that really impressed me and looks like a player who could really go places (even if he is only about 5 foot!).

Been thinking myself watching this tonight, what has he done wrong to deserve this, he has controlled and captained the team well tonight but yeh only v Halkirk but they have knocked out Clach and Wick

It is not inconcievable that Tom wanted the game to give himself more match time. Maybe the coaching team felt he'd be a good leader for the lads. Not everything has a sinister reason.

I would say now that this quite possibly did have a sinister reason.

How to that winger Greig get on? He looked good when I saw him.

By mistake, I failed to include him in the players who did very well - in my opinion.

I had noticed on Monday night that at the end of the match Aldred headed straight off the pitch to the dressing room - todays news does not shock me!!