FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

If you could...

caley100

Beam back in time to any ICT game ( at Telford Street or TCS ) which one would you attend?

Difficult eh? First game in the SPL Vs Pars? Championship winner vs Saint J ? lots of good games to choose from, mine would be the cup game vs Ayr, 3-0 down at half time, then we win 4-3!!!

You can mebbe's refresh my memory here,think it was no long after i moved to Sneck Caley played St Johnstone,midweek ,night game i think, feckin baltic and would normally have said bollox and left early for a pint ,2-0 down and came back to 2-2 , think they lost the replay in Perth  :007:

Well Alan, that fecker themannwithefeckindonkeyjaiket will slag me off for this, the jeggie barsteward, but Caley (Caledonian) played the Saintees in 92 but it was a Saturday, hissin doon wi rain but no that baltic. Came back from 2-0 to 2-2 and lost the replay in midweek at Perth 3-0. Caley's last ever Scottish Cup tie  :019:

That Ayr 4-3 game was certainly right up there, we went right back down the A9 afterwards, needed an operation to get the grins off oor pusses.

Then there was a 2-2 at Livi midweek when that cheatin barsteward Harvey got Jimmy Calder sent off and Thommo went in goals, Bazza scored the equaliser with about 5 mins left.

Also thumping those Tinks 3-0 after all their talking, and Boner got 2 red cards  :015: :015: :015: :015:

Cheers Manti, that'll be the one,must have been oot on the open terrace as i mind being feckin miserable cold :cold02: and it was probly gettin dark when the comeback started makin me think it was a night game but eh couldn't leave and miss it  :cold01:

I thought stuffing the Jambos 3-1 in the cup was actually better than the Celtic game. We never rode our luck, we never got nervous when we were ahead, the goals were crackers, the support was great and we got to singalonga Travis in the rain at the end.

so many games to choose from ..... (only picking games I was at) ..... here is my top10 in date order.

[Mantis - I would have added Hearts and Celtic cup games if the original question didnt ask for home games ;) ... Tynecastle was great, especially the impromptu ICT chorus of Travis at the end in the p****** rain]

0-4 V Forfar - 03/05/97 - got gubbed but we didnt care as we got presented with the 3rd division trophy

2-3 V Dundee Utd - 18/02/98 - cup replay, looked dead before two very late goals. lost in extra time. my only time in the terracing at TCS.

5-0 V St Mirren - 06/05/00 - spoiled their title party but they didnt care

7-3 V Ayr - 02/12/00 - what a game

4-3 V Ayr - 27/01/01 - cup game, felt dead and buried at half time !

5-2 V Raith - 19/09/01 - was in hospitality and put a fiver on the correct score at 50-1 - Wyness got 4 that night

3-0 V Partick - 27/04/02 - spoiled another title party

5-3 V QOS - 16/11/02 - memorable because i know a few QOS boys that were up for the game. ripped the **** out of them.

1-0 V Celtic - 23/03/03 - Cup game, late winner, night to remember (part 2)

1-1 V Celtic - 18/12/05 - my only SPL game at the TCS - memorable for that reason alone.

Some interesting games there Scotty, Forfar beat us easily, led by Bobby Mann, who played his last game for them that day, and signed for us.

The 5-3 game i remembered for Goram in goals for them and Robson scoring a beaut into the corner which 'The goalie' never moved a muscle for.

The 1-0 Celtic cup game was a big bit one sided and we rode our luck.

Anothr game was the 3-3 County game which we were 3-1 down with a minute or 2 to go... and Denzil scored twice...ha ha feckin brill!

Another game was the 3-3 County game which we were 3-1 down with a minute or 2 to go... and Denzil scored twice...ha ha feckin brill!

Dont remind me  :008: ... I had to work that day and although my boss was gonna let me off if it was quiet at work, the place was feckin crazy busy so all I could do was go to the pub later in the day .......

What about this one from Telford Street

ICT 3 - 2 Livingtson. Think it was about 97/98 and in one of the Cup games. We went 2 - 0 up and got pegged back to 2 - 2. Right from kick off we went straight up the pitch and Hercher lashed the winner home. A really great tie  :003:

We weren't at TS in 97/98 ... think you mean a Scottish Cup game on 6th January 1996 which we won 3-2 with goals from Ross, Teasdale and Hercher.

SATURDAY 6TH JANUARY 1996, TELFORD STREET PARK, INVERNESS

TENNENTS SCOTTISH CUP SECOND ROUND

CALEDONIAN THISTLE  3    (Ross 5, Teasdale 24, Hercher 77)

LIVINGSTON 2  (Duthie 67, Harvey 76)

CALEDONIAN THISTLE - Calder, MacArthur, Hastings, Bennett, Noble, Ross, Teasdale, Scott, Thomson, Christie, Hercher

Subs not used - McGinlay, Mitchell & McAllister

LIVINGSTON - Douglas, Sorbie (Callaghan 65), Alleyne (Coulston 85), Davidson, Williamson, McLeod, McMartin, Bailey (Thorburn 46), Young, Harvey, Duthie

REFEREE - W Crombie (Edinburgh)   

ATTENDANCE - 1845

MAN OF THE MATCH - Mike Teasdale (Caledonian Thistle)

BOOKINGS - Teasdale (Caledonian Thistle) & Harvey (Livingston)

REPORT - Snow, ice and flooding put this game at risk but hard work by ground staff ensured the pitch was playable.  Caley Thistle took the lead after 5 minutes - Brian Thomson was sent clear on the left by John Scott, cut the ball back and Daisy Ross sent a low drive into the net. It was 2-0 after 24 minutes when Mike Teasdale dispossessed Alleyne before running on and rocketting the ball home from 18 yards.  In 67 minutes Livingston scored through Mark Duthie, a curling 20 yard shot which gave Jim Calder no chance, and 9 minutes later Graham Harvey made it 2-2 with a low drive from the edge of the box.  Straight from the centre Caley Thistle's Alan Hercher ran on to a long through ball from Ian MacArthur and slid the ball past the onrushing Douglas.  To the great relief of the home fans the match finished 3-2.

• 2 weeks later...

Feck the Tinks. It just has to be the run in to the SFL title. Clyde away and St Jones Town at home must live in the memory of everyone .. even the pished one in the goalmouth.  :015: :015: :015:

Other than that and the all too evident ones the crowd atmospheres at the 2-0 Tynecastle tonking and the Ayr Utd Cup game (away) are still dear to ma heart.  :001: :001: