Harry Chrisna

Harry Kari

Harry Worth

Harry Steptoe

Harry Belafonte

Dirty Harry

Harry's Bar

Harry who? and what was he guilty of.

We have the report in the active reportd forum and when the rest of the mods log in we will decide what action if any is required. As far as I am concerned there are no breaches of site rules at present, a question was asked and if anyone replies to it without going off topic or getting personal or incriminating then we will take no action unless the discussion deteriorates.

The same could be said for any topic on here, let's not post anything just in case.............then there would be no forum, we can't foresee what way topics will go.

Me I replied in that manner because the topic title was ambiguous, which is actually against site policy, so I was tongue in cheek.

Do I think the courts got it right? Yes.

Some might find it a little "convenient" that a club owner should gift such sums to it's manager via an offshore account...but there's nothing wrong in that. There's also nothing wrong or unusual about people holding offshore accounts in weird and wonderful names....something I've witnessed first hand from working in financial services.

HMRC were chasing a lost cause from the outset and if anyone has done anything wrong, it is those who signed off on a mult-million pound investigation (paid for from the public purse) which was never going to return any other result. What's worse is that HMRC are no stranger to this kind of thing and I sometimes wonder if it is nothing more than publicity stunt and scare tactics....."We will go to any length to hunt down tax evaders" kinda thing.....and what better way to get that message out than pursuing someone like Harry Redknapp who was always going to guarantee them headlines.

Just look at the HMRC comment following the case.....

Chris Martin, of HMRC, said in a statement: "We have no regrets about pursuing this case because it was vitally important that the facts were put before a jury for their consideration.

"We accept the verdict of the jury but I would like to remind those who are evading tax by using offshore tax havens that it always makes sense to come forward and talk to us before we come to talk to you."

Even after they had been made to look stupid they still try to claim it was Redknaps fault because he chose to keep a private transaction private...not only was it private, but it was not of any concern to HMRC and with absolutely no evidence to show that the payments had been made for services rendered in this country or that the money had/was going to be brought into the UK then they had absolutely no right to put him through what they did....if I was Redknap I would be suing them for putting me through 5 years of hell.

Total farce from start to finish.