Team for Arbroath

Renegade

Attack attack attack!

Reguero

Meekings Warren Foran G.Shinnie

Morrison Jones

Doran Sutherland McKay Pepper

Subs - Esson, Oswell, A.Shinnie, Draper, King

If Oswell is injured, have Polworth or White coming onto the bench.

Edited by Renegade

Attack attack attack!

Reguero

Meekings Warren Foran G.Shinnie

Morrison Jones

Doran Sutherland McKay Pepper

Subs - Esson, Oswell, A.Shinnie, Draper, King

If Oswell is injured, have Polworth or White coming onto the bench.

Foran has a two game suspension so give us your next team selection please.

That's just for league games though isn't it?

Straight red cards affect all competitions i think

It depends what the red card was for I believe, and the one that Richie received is deemed to affect all competitions as the SFA website shows that his suspension is for, "2 FIRST TEAM MATCHES IMMEDIATE". They will show as for SPL/SFL/whatever league if the suspension only applies to league games.

So going by the SFA site, OTJ is available now and Richie is suspended for the Arbroath match.

king is awful stick a youth boy in

Don't seem to remember anyone say that apart from the Celtic game. Just searched over the Hearts and the Killie games with quotes such as "King :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pretty impressed with his defending" and "Warren and King. Both look very solid".

One bad performance against the best team in the league doesn't make an awful player.

I'd like to see Morrison, Pepper and Oswell get their chance. After all, it's not exactly Champions League. Probably a less counter-attacking line-up.

Regeurro

Raven (for confidence) - Hogg - Meekings - King (or youth left-back - can't exhaust G.Shinnie)

Polworth - Draper (or Jones if avail.) - Morrison - Pepper

Oswell - Sutherland

• Agree 1

Reguero

Meekings Warren King G. Shinnie

Morrison OTJ

Pepper Whyte Polworth

Sutherland

^ This. Would be great for the younger players to get a run out. Allow them a chance to fight for a place in the starting XI to face Motherwell.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

Would be great for the younger players to get a run out. Allow them a chance to fight for a place in the starting XI to face Motherwell.

I disagree. The youngsters will get their chance but I think the manager needs to pick what he thinks is his strongest attack minded team available for this one. There are 3 reasons.

1. We have yet to have a win in the league this season and there is a need for more time for the players to gel and particularly for the defence to gel. We are creating chances and scoring but are shipping too many. Get that right and we could win a lot of matches this season. Now is not the time to mess around with the side. There is also no point in giving players a "rest" because there is a weeks international beak after the Motherwell match.

2. Linked to that is the need for team to get the confidence of a good win to get some momentum going. We need our best players playing well to acheive that. We should not under-estimate Arbroath - note that the Rangers were held by Berwick today and after 3 games are only 4th. Getting a win and hopefully by 2 or 3 goals or more should do wonders for morale.

3. And as many have been saying on this forum, we need a decent cup run, both to ignite some momentum of support but also to help with our difficult financial situation.

It may only be Arbroath but this is an important game for the club and we need to approach it with as much seriousness as if it was a crunch league game.

• Agree 4

Would be great for the younger players to get a run out. Allow them a chance to fight for a place in the starting XI to face Motherwell.

I disagree. The youngsters will get their chance but I think the manager needs to pick what he thinks is his strongest attack minded team available for this one. There are 3 reasons.

1. We have yet to have a win in the league this season and there is a need for more time for the players to gel and particularly for the defence to gel. We are creating chances and scoring but are shipping too many. Get that right and we could win a lot of matches this season. Now is not the time to mess around with the side. There is also no point in giving players a "rest" because there is a weeks international beak after the Motherwell match.

2. Linked to that is the need for team to get the confidence of a good win to get some momentum going. We need our best players playing well to acheive that. We should not under-estimate Arbroath - note that the Rangers were held by Berwick today and after 3 games are only 4th. Getting a win and hopefully by 2 or 3 goals or more should do wonders for morale.

3. And as many have been saying on this forum, we need a decent cup run, both to ignite some momentum of support but also to help with our difficult financial situation.

It may only be Arbroath but this is an important game for the club and we need to approach it with as much seriousness as if it was a crunch league game.

Having scored goals in every game this season yet conceded loads its the defence I'm more worried about so I'd go with our strongest back 4 and then experiment going forward, I'd put OTJ in the middle of the park for his experience to help the younger attacking players and to leave a nasty challenge on money grabbing Kerr

Having scored goals in every game this season yet conceded loads its the defence I'm more worried about so I'd go with our strongest back 4 and then experiment going forward, I'd put OTJ in the middle of the park for his experience to help the younger attacking players and to leave a nasty challenge on money grabbing Kerr

Absolutely no need for that.

I hope we field a second string as SPL safety has to be our number 1 priority , granted there are a few SPL teams knocked out of the competition but they are crap anyway so our chances of winning the cup have not improved significantly with the likes of Celtic , Hearts , Dundee United , Aberdeen etc still in .

I would have said that it was very important to play our first team back four - especially after how they played on Saturday. I would even be considering playing Foran at the back.

Reguero

Meekings Foran Warren Shinnie,G.

OTJ Draper

McKay Oswell/Sutherland Polworth Pepper

The only way this club is going to grow is by increasing revenue. Cup runs can be a huge boost to clubs so i think it is extremely important to our club that we go as far in this competition as possible to gain some much needed money. Strongest team possible for me and even then we are going to have to improve drastically from last weekend to progress.

last nights results go to show that this competition should not be taken lightly

Foran serves the second game of his suspension tonight but Tudor-Jones is back in contention for a place

Edited by Libero

Fully agree with everyone who is calling for a strong ICT team tonight, with SPL teams going out it may not leave an easy path but it certainly helps. We need good cup runs at this club, after seeing the negativity surrounding the manager from certain factions he has to try and field a team he think will deliver us as far in the cup as we can get.

Killie won the cup last year and IMO are not a great team and probably no better than us, so there are oppertunities there with the right draw etc. But all that means nothing if we cant win tonights game.

The good thing if we win tonight is with all the SPL teams going out I would assume the top teams in Division 1 will be seeded, this means we could be spared a potentially tricky tie in the next round