Team for Stenny

WYNESS101

---------------------------Reguero---------------------------

---Raven----Meekings-----Warren----G.Shinnie---

----------------------------Draper-----------------------------

-------Doran---------ShinnieA-----------Pepper-----

----------------McKay-------Foran---------------

Any word on Blackman? He went of hurt on saturday

I'd be tempted to go with the above ^^ but have McKay swapped for Morrison; who'd join Draper in CM. Maybe also have Cooper come in for Raven.

In an ideal world we could blood some of the fringe players, but with the last cup run distant in the memory we have to go with our strongest team.

Edited by RossP

------------------------------------Esson--------------------------------------

------Raven---------Meekings----------Warren-------ShinnieG------

-----Pepper---------Morrison-----------ShinnieA----------Doran-----

-------------------------------------Foran-------------------------------------

------------------------------------Roberts------------------------------------

I'd be very surprised if Pepper doesn't start. I'd like to see Foran playing in the hole. It would be interesting to see Roberts play from the start though I think Butcher will go with McKay. Any word on Blackman? I'm assuming he'll be ruled out for Tuesday after coming off injured yesterday.

We started with a full strength team against Arbroath, I'm assuming it will be the same on Tuesday. I think we'll see a similar side to Saturday.

-----------------------------Esson----------------------------

----Raven-----Meekings-----Warren----ShinnieG---

----------------Morrison---------Draper------------------

------Pepper------------ShinnieA---------Doran--------

----------------------------Foran----------------------------

I think Morrison has done well when he's come on and is a better option than Graeme Shinnie in central midfield. If Blackman is out, and it looked a sore one, then it's an easy fit for Shinnie to drop back to left-back.

I think a few people here are underestimating our opposition. Brislen-Hall has never played a first team match and Roberts has played twenty minutes or so, on Saturday. To suggest that they will be able to stroll into the first team against guys who have years of experience in senior football and win. Stenhousemuir beat Kilmarnock away in the last round and will fancy their chances. Butcher started with our full team against Arbroath, another Second Division side, in the last round I'd like to think he'll do so again.

• Agree 1

I'd like to see Roberts start, but I think McKay will get the nod. Stenny won't be easy - especially as they'll be well acclimatised to the artificial pitch. Going with a full-strength side is the only option. Our chances of finishing in the top six are all but gone and a cup run would be a massive boost for the players and fans.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

No messing around, please. We need a cup run and the defence needs more time together to gel. If we are comfortable early in the 2nd half then by all means bring on a couple of youngsters earlier than we might otherwise do, but we need to have a strong starting eleven and we need those eleven to start strongly. It's an opportunity to address our weaknesses but without in any way underestimating the side who knocked out the holders in the previous round.

The team were training at millburn this afternoon perhaps to get used to the artificial turf. Not all the squad were there but people I did see were Gavin Morrison, Phillip Roberts, Martin laing and Aaron doran. Tel and mo observed. Didn't see many though as I was on my way out.