FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hampden Closes.

madsooz

Yeah but Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham, Newport etc were in the competition, so it was an easy choice . Suppose we could take it to Berwick. If it is a final with large capacity needed, Murrayfield would be best alternative. London or Cardiff would never accept 60-90,000 knuckle draggers after Manchester

When the time comes we will adopt the same arrangements as we did when Hampden closed for re-build.

Erecting seating on existing terracing does not class as a rebuild as you put it

Only the main stand was rebuilt, a great opportunity was lost by the SFA and shame on them, we have a national stadium that is a complete eyesore when you compare it to Wembley, The Millenium Stadium in Cardiff and the Aviva Stadium in Dublin

Parkhead, Ibrox and Murrayfield are all far superior stadiums with higher capacities to Hampden and that's where showpiece finals and internationals should take place

I'd personally leave Hampden as an athletics arena after the Commonwealth Games

Dougal

When the time comes we will adopt the same arrangements as we did when Hampden closed for re-build.

Erecting seating on existing terracing does not class as a rebuild as you put it

Only the main stand was rebuilt, a great opportunity was lost by the SFA and shame on them, we have a national stadium that is a complete eyesore when you compare it to Wembley, The Millenium Stadium in Cardiff and the Aviva Stadium in Dublin

Parkhead, Ibrox and Murrayfield are all far superior stadiums with higher capacities to Hampden and that's where showpiece finals and internationals should take place

I'd personally leave Hampden as an athletics arena after the Commonwealth Games

Dougal

There was a little bit more put into it than you make out Dougal however I for once have to agree with you that the SFA really did miss a trick, I hate Hampden as a National Stadium and the days of an oval stadium even when Hampden was re-done was well and truly over. All the great stadiums in the world are now colse to the pitch all the way round and we took a big backward step with ours.

There is no atmosphere at all and even if there is it is lost upwards. The facilities may be up there with the best however as a spectactor arena it is not

• 5 weeks later...

I'am not so sure Murrayfield would be allowed

I Know "soccer" is banned at Twickenham , an attempt to play a match there when Wembley was being rebuilt was not granted

Apparently some RFU rule does not allow Association football to be played in their stadia.

I may be corrected now RFU is professional in Scotland , but it was the rule before.when Rugby Union was ameteur.

Did the SRU not let Hearts play Europa league games there a few seasons ago? Therefore providing there is no clash with rugby or the most common use of a music venue then why not play national games there?

Sadly I think we all know it will be a mix of Parkhead and Ibrox depending on who plays and in the event of a final being between the two it will be decided by the toss of a coin as to which ground is used. Was that not the process when Hampden went through the refurb in the early 90's?