FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

bag searching at I C T

izzy

Can someone please let me know the  ruling for bag searching by stewards at stadium .I always offer mine to be searched as I appreciate the reason for it but I do object to some young steward insisting that she has the right to put her hand into my bag ,I offered to remove everything to let her see the contents but she insisted that she was allowed to go into my bag .I only take a little hand bag to carry essentials purse, glasses .tickets & car keys .Not that I personally would do this but does she not realise that she could be accused of all sorts.

Why is it stewards at I C T are more heavy handed than anywhere else you dont even get this shoddy treatment at Ibrox or Parkhead where you would expect them to be tough.......

I've never had this heavy handed treatment in the north stand but I have seen folk having to have their bag searched like this in the main stand. I would have thought emptying your bag would be sufficient tbh. All stewards have numbers and I suggest you ask for hers next time and query it with the club and/or company.

I've never had this heavy handed treatment in the north stand but I have seen folk having to have their bag searched like this in the main stand. I would have thought emptying your bag would be sufficient tbh. All stewards have numbers and I suggest you ask for hers next time and query it with the club and/or company.

Thanks for that I just didnt think about getting her number but I will try to find out the rules by next home game.

.Put a yellow jacket on them and the power goes to their heads

• Agree 2

My advice would be leave your handbags at home if you are going to the footie as there is no need for them at TCS

I've never understood why women carry handbags anyway but if they insist in doing so they should take them to the Eastgate while they do their shopping

Dougal

My advice would be leave your handbags at home if you are going to the footie as there is no need for them at TCS

I've never understood why women carry handbags anyway but if they insist in doing so they should take them to the Eastgate while they do their shopping

Dougal

Its not just womens handbags that get searched Dougal. I've had camera bag searched. I've had carrier bag with goods from shop searched.

I dont know what the rules are on how far they can go with searching of bags but I always thought they could only request to see inside the bag. If unhappy they can then ask the police to search it.

Dougal

Its not just womens handbags that get searched Dougal. I've had camera bag searched. I've had carrier bag with goods from shop searched.

I dont know what the rules are on how far they can go with searching of bags but I always thought they could only request to see inside the bag. If unhappy they can then ask the police to search it.

Thats what I thought Alex I did say I would be prepared to let the police do it but she insisted that she was allowed .Jobsworth I think I will put it down to that.

The steward has no more legal right to insist om rummaging through your bag than I do. It is a common misconcoception among football stewards and door stewards at bars and nightclubs that they have greater rights in this regard than ordinary members of the public. They are wrong.

• Agree 1

The steward has no more legal right to insist om rummaging through your bag than I do. It is a common misconcoception among football stewards and door stewards at bars and nightclubs that they have greater rights in this regard than ordinary members of the public. They are wrong.

Sounds about right .Cheers

The best only way to get a resolution is to contact the club and raise your concern.

If you don't, then it's only likely to happen again and one unhappy person turns into more unhappy people and that does nobody any favours.

What you need to do is put your tickets money key etc in your pocket fill up an old handbag with couple of cans in the bottom & old sticky buns and sweets for them to rummage through  :wink:

What you need to do is put your tickets money key etc in your pocket fill up an old handbag with couple of cans in the bottom & old sticky buns and sweets for them to rummage through  :wink:

Now thats got me thinking......best suggestion yet. :lol:

Get yourself a fishermans waistcoat. Plenty of pockets so no need for a bag, and the likelyhood a steward feels you up will be remote.

Do you get them in all of the colours and all of the sizes ......A wee fishing hook here and there would do the trick.....

I feel a visit to Graham's in Castle Street coming on :happy:

They do however have the right to refuse you admission.

Yeah......drive away the precious few that actually turn up week in week out. If i was to be searched going into a game....i would refuse to co-operate. If they refused me admission, id happily go home and save myself a small fortune.

Criminal law consolidation Scotland act 1995

'All persons entering the ground may be searched by the police or security staff and any person who refuses to submit to a search will be refused entry to or be ejected from the ground'

its part of your t and cs with regards to buying your season ticket/ match ticket, its on the back page of the season ticket book.

Shortened version, its an offense punishable by law, to take a container in to the ground which is capable of holding liquid, taking alcohol to the match, being drunk or having a flare. 

It applies to all stadiums

Edited by 12th Man

Yeah......drive away the precious few that actually turn up week in week out. If i was to be searched going into a game....i would refuse to co-operate. If they refused me admission, id happily go home and save myself a small fortune.

That's your choice.

I was actually thinking in terms of items a good deal more unpleasant than that! :laugh:

Interesting to note, though, that football fans need to be treated with similar seriousness to Al Quaeda operatives!

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1

Thanks for all feedback. J,oking aside at no point did I refuse to let her see the contents but what I did refuse was to let her rake about in my property so if this means I can be refused entry then so be it. Its laughable .Maybe it is the rules across all stadiums but its never an issue at any others  I attend every home and way match and this is the first problem I have had but Im quite sure it can be resolved. :smile: