FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotty

Its very warm and fuzzy here in Toronto today Scarlet ..... it was a little chilly this morning but 3 goals have warmed the cockles .....

(to answer question, it was -8 yesterday, but looks like a positive temp today (not been outside yet). have had virtually no snow and no sustained cold spells .. the -20/-30 are further east or north, not with us)

Re Yngwie's comment about Scotty's Twitter post. I saw it on the SPL link for the running comments about all the games today. Nice to see so many references to ICT in that link about all the games.

Caley thistle sure is hitting the headlines just now.

I am a little in awe when I look at theleague position and results. Quite incredible and exciting for me I must say. They are going to win next week's game because the team is ON FIRE.

Er---how long will it be before Billy MacKay is away? How can we compete with the kind of wages they, or any other larger team, can and will pay?

As for temperatures in CANADA I saw that the very low figures were in the north but the East has had big blizzards.Here in the South West region of British Columbia it's been cold and damp but not a drop of snow except a few flakes. Long may it continue. When I used to work outdoors, prior to retirement some 5 years ago, I used to pinpoint the 1st of October because that was when the rains started---and went on--and on--and on for about 9 months. But one can get used to anything and when one is self-employed if you don't work then you don't eat so you just gear up and get on with it. Makes the trees grow very large though--you could drive a truck through some of the Western Red Cedars!

After every game, I think "it can't get any better than this", and the team keep proving me wrong.  Long may it continue!

I felt we were just about the better team in the first half, though Langfield only really had to make one save, a terrific stop from a Foran header.  Aberdeen looked dangerous until Hayes spurned their best chance of the game early in the second period, denied by a great Reguero stop.  After that, there was only one team in it.

All three goals were superb.  Did Andy Shinnie catch out Langfield at his near post for the first?  He seemed to have the ball pretty much on the by-line, yet he found the opposite top corner.  However he did it, it was just sublime.  The second might be the best team goal we'll score all year.  I think it was Doran who drove from midfield, then Draper back-heeled it into McKay's path, and the wee man shimmied round a defender and stuck it in the bottom corner.  I can't wait to see it again.  For the third, Raven crossed, Andy Shinnie got in front of one centre-back to flick it on, and McKay was quicker off the mark than the other centre-back to pounce and smash it in.

I can't think of any particular criticisms at all today.  It was a great team performance.  Most of the praise will go to the attackers, but the defence played very well today, with Raven and Meekings real stand-outs for me.  I was worried that the three weeks without a game might have sucked our momentum away, but no sign of that yet!

• Agree 4

Just back from the match, honestly believe they were better organised in the second have than they have been all season.

Defence  looked solid and midfield inspirational. Great vocal atmosphere in North stand.

It won't get much better than this !!!

Fantastic game especially the second half. First half was very sluggish but it's understandable considering the 2 week break they just had and I thought Aberdeen were the likely of the two to score. Second half was so much better and we dominated the game - credit where credits due. There's a great spirit within the squad at the moment and like said up there. "Long may it continue" I whole heartily agree with that.  

Bring on Hearts and Let's go and paint the town Blue and Red next week :ictscarf:  :cheer01:  

• Agree 1

What a great team performance, Im really delighted with the players we have this season  and cant wait for the Caley Jags Away day  next Saturday. 

Just like the last match against the Dons, we opened them up at the back time and time again.

ps welcome back Meekings 

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1

Yep, excellent second half today, overpowered the Dons and 3 cracking goals, what more can you ask? Thought everyone played their part although Ritchie was a bit quiet. Don't want to say anything negative though as this is the best attack we've had, given the level they are playing at and still slotting the goals home. Defence is very solid in the air (Meekings and Warren rule) and does just enough on the ground in most games. Class back heel from Ross Draper for the second goal. If we can get the ball more quickly through midfield it's frightening what we could do to someone. Really looking forward to the cup with confidence. Well done lads, Terry an Mo :clapoverhead:

Hayes just ducking and diving, moaning and groaning, but financially better off.

Today's game was critical. It would have been a disaster if we had lost leaving Terry and the team in no man's land. That said, every game is now critical especially next week and if we manage to work harder than Hearts and edge past them, Charlie Bannerman will be able to follow up with ''Against All the Odds 2012/13''. 

• Agree 3

A really important result for us in keeping the momentum going after the break and all the off the field issues.  After a fairly indifferent first half for both himself and the team, a touch of real quality from Andy Shinnie turned the game and after that we were different class.  If Shinnie's goal was good, MacKay's first was even better - and his 2nd wasn't bad either.  For me, MacKay was MOTM by a country mile because apart from 2 great goals he never stopped working for the team.  Meekings was superb as well.

Just a mention for Nick Ross and Philip Roberts who came on as very late subs.  No sooner were they on than they were involved in a great move which nearly produced a goal which would have rivalled if not bettered MacKay's first.  There is real quality on the bench and you have to think that if Hayes was still with us, not only would he not get into the starting eleven, he might not even get on the bench. Very impressed and happy with that performance.

• Agree 2

This Winter break left me skeptical as to whether or not we could keep our good form going...we did  :happy:

Pretty crap first half. Both teams were frustrated in the final 3rd with but it was obvious who came out more fired up in the 2nd half. Reguero made a smart save from Hayes and soon after Andy Shinnie did well to beat Shaugessy and leave him on his arse. I was screaming at him to cut it back but from that angle he managed to find the far corner. Cracking finish. 

2nd goal was one of the best moves of the season. Lovely bit of interchange in midfield before Draper's cheeky back heel left McKay one on one with Langfield and he made full use of it. 

At 2-0 Aberdeen were chasing the game but we're being frustrated in their attempts. They are far too are far too over reliant on Hayes and McGinn to make and take chances. One difference was playing from the back. Both Meekings and Warren were excellent at it today while Anderson and Reynolds were happy just to get it away. 

Time ticking away and the 3rd goal came. Raven is developing a reputation for these first time crosses and Billy finished well and finished off Aberdeen. 

Could have been more but resounding result and a great confidence booster to take into next week. Buzzed for it and truelly cannot wait. Well done lads.  :clapping: