FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Merger Dreams

Indeed. How many hours and how many £millions.... :smile:

Well I reckon 16 and a half hours (excluding replays and extra time - when that eventually superseded multiple replays) through 11 rounds from the Q Cup 1st to the Scottish Cup Final and then whatever it took to get to the Cupwinners' Cup final. I don't know how long that was, but any Aberdeen fan would tell you in a flash!

As for the £millions... probably about £56 for getting through the Q Cup part of it.

On which subject, here's another reflection of how football in the Highlands has progressed since ICT came along.

Remember the absolute joy at clubs simply getting to the Qualifying Cup "group stages" :cheer01: (aka the last four which meant you were in the "real" Scottish Cup)? A subsequent visit from Clyde or trip to Stenhousemuir would then be the highlight of the season.

That was the situation as recently as season 1993-94 - when neither Inverness team did so since Jags put Caley out at the first hurdle before losing out themselves in the quarter finals to - I think... oops.... Ross County!

So in 1993...you have to beat Ross County to get into the Scottish Cup. In 2013....you have to beat Ross County to get into Europe.

You still with us Dougal? :lol:

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 2

Matthew 8:26

And his supporters came to him, and awoke him, saying, Butcher, save us: we perish. And he said to them, Why are you fearful, O you of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm over the beach of Dingwall. But the supporters marveled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him! Later that day a great shadowy seethe decended over the Isle of Black and a great euphoria lit up the Moray Firth skyline south of this dark land.

• Agree 3

I for one when i was a young Caledonian FC supporter had 3 wishes before i died.

1. Join the Scottish League 

2. Make it to the SPL or Premier League in those days

3. Play in Europe.

Happy to have lived to see the first 2 of those and unless I die before Sunday, I will hopefully see the last one fulfilled.

20 years ago i gave a  "F**k about the 'M' thing but Sundays game/result is bigger that all that BS! So Dougal; while you sit and kneel before your poster of Telford Street every morning; for once dude get with the rest of us and "Believe"

And for the record I thought Banner's book was a jolly good read!

• Agree 2

Terri Dwyer of 60 minute make over  ' So Dougal,  you have asked us round to do up your house, Our team have had a look around and have noticed that your whole house is painted in red and black, even your loo is painted in red and black stripes, are you tired of the colour scheme and would like a change Dougal?

'Not really  I was hoping you could you could do a touch up job  as the colours are fading away' 

Hope you enjoy the match on Sunday Dougie.  :smile:

As for the last 20 years it really has been a dream, loads of highs and lows but thats football, some clubs have shot up through the leagues and where are they now,overspent and bust,  to be sitting in 3rd place going in to the last game of the season in the SPL, well I have to pinch myself sometimes, party mode in Dingwall regardless of the result, knowing we have knocked our rivals out of a cup and will still finish higher than the shadows icing on the cake, theres a lot of pressure on County just now as they feel they must win just to give something back to their fans and now its a two horse race for that final Euro spot

Cant wait for Sunday, I haven't been posting much of late as have been so busy but it has been a Terry-ific season and Sunday could be a Mo-mentus occasion.

Well done to all the staff, players, management, guardians of the club and fans  from merger to present date as we wouldnt be where we are now without your help. :clapping:

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 5

Was wondering about looking a complete tube in a Hawaiian shirt and sunnies - in DINGWALL :cold:  but maybe beach balls would be quite fitting for playing on a sandpit.

I will say it has been very cool looking at the league table for months with Inverness CT sitting in the top three :thumbup:

Was wondering about looking a complete tube in a Hawaiian shirt and sunnies - in DINGWALL :cold:  but maybe beach balls would be quite fitting for playing on a sandpit.

I will say it has been very cool looking at the league table for months with Inverness CT sitting in the top three :thumbup:

You won't look out of place at all son. Trust me. :dancing: