FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Next Close Season

Kingsmills

Clearly too late for this year but can we try very hard next close season not to have yet another tedious endlessly repetitive merger 'debate' ?

There's always Dougal though

Clearly too late for this year but can we try very hard next close season not to have yet another tedious endlessly repetitive merger 'debate' ?

That would be a great pity. It is clearly a subject that many find interesting enough to contribute to - look no further than the "Merger Talk" thread which has recently stretched to over 400 posts.

Tedious? Obviously the opinion of a small minority! I don't think those who posted find it tedious. Otherwise, why would they post and keep the thread alive???

The other thread has actually reached a point where a few "facts"are being dismissed and we are having the most sensible discourse ever. Why not join in that thread instead of prolonging this Jeggie paranoia - unless of course you are really another IHE personna ?

• Agree 1

I once found threads on this subject very interesting indeed and was keen to hear the views and opinions of ex Caley fans, ex Jaggies, folk new to Inverness, folk who took no or very little interest in football in the Highland League days and, indeed, those who were, at the time, too young to care or remember.

Frankly, however, although I am guilty of still contributing myself, it must be a decade or so before anyone has said anything fresh or novel. The current merger thread may be at 400 posts but not a single one of them contain anything that has not been aired in any of the dozens of threads on the subject which have gone before.

That said, it remains a topic of valid interest so could someone please give me a nudge and wake me up if anybody ever says something new on the subject.

• Agree 3

Up the Howden End ! And no kingsmills the youngsters on this forum want to learn about the merger so it isnt a bad thing we are teaching them

The youngters on the forum want to learn who we are signing for next season, what the new away strip will look like and whether or not smoke bombs at derby matches are a wise idea.

• Agree 4

We all need to know our ancestry and the yoof of today would be clambering in with the "Animals " in the Howden End and the original "CaleyAway" crew - lets face it in the late 70's we were feckin rocking the Highlands and the closest I have felt to the olde feeling was at the final game at Dungwall - and that was without my Oxford Bags, my DM's' the Caley scarves round my wrist and ma belt and going to the Strath afterwards,

• Agree 1

Up the Howden End ! And no kingsmills the youngsters on this forum want to learn about the merger so it isnt a bad thing we are teaching them

The youngters on the forum want to learn who we are signing for next season, what the new away strip will look like and whether or not smoke bombs at derby matches are a wise idea.

Then no doubt they will read the threads that talk about those things.  My advice for folk who are sick and tired of the merger debate is not to look at threads about the merger. 

• Agree 1

If any youngster stumbles upon a merger forum on here, which i cant say is hard, or the just want to know why there club is so young, they will want to know more. Not uncertainty. No child let alone any human being can be doing with uncertainty. And kingsmills i suggest you not try and act like you are in the childrens boots, but open your eyes and see that most merger threads(recent anyway) have been started by uncertain 12 year olds

If any youngster stumbles upon a merger forum on here, which i cant say is hard, or the just want to know why there club is so young, they will want to know more. Not uncertainty. No child let alone any human being can be doing with uncertainty. And kingsmills i suggest you not try and act like you are in the childrens boots, but open your eyes and see that most merger threads(recent anyway) have been started by uncertain 12 year olds If this is ment to be aimed at me, meh

Ach it gives us something to talk about during the close season! Kingsmills you'll have to suggest alternative topics to discuss.

If we dont talk about the merger or wanting to sack the manager - its going to be a long break............

Butcher out!!! :stir:

Ach it gives us something to talk about during the close season! Kingsmills you'll have to suggest alternative topics to discuss.

If we dont talk about the merger or wanting to sack the manager - its going to be a long break............

We could always talk about the atmosphere at the games.

We could always talk about the atmosphere at the games.

or the catering.......