FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Dundee United.

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I would be inclined to say that same team as weekend deserve another game, just to confirm team from weekend.

Brill

Raven, Warren, Meekings, G.Shinnie

Draper, Vincent

Doran, Foran, Ross

McKay.

Bench: Esson, Devine, Tremarco, Greenhalgh, Williams, Polworth and Agdestien.

Same again - aint broke dont fix it, although we may want to put Foran man-marking GMS (he is the only Utd danger IMO) which might mean a shuffle in the positions they play in the middle, but same personel.

How long are Allan & Watkins out injured for?

Same again - aint broke dont fix it, although we may want to put Foran man-marking GMS (he is the only Utd danger IMO) which might mean a shuffle in the positions they play in the middle, but same personel.

How long are Allan & Watkins out injured for?

Allen and Watkins were both about 2 weeks away from returning the week prior to the start of the season so I would hope they would be returning to training this week at some point. Would imagine some U20 game time would be on the cards.

I would go with the same team although might be inclined to go with Williams/Greenhalgh in place of Nick Ross. Eager to see how a more natural winger would get on out wide. By no means did Ross have a bad game on Saturday but I think its an area where we could be more threatening, i.e. beating one man and putting in a dangerous cross. Cant remember too many crosses coming in from Nick where as I remember about 5/6 from Raven and a few from Doran/Shinnie

• Agree 1

I would go with the same team although might be inclined to go with Williams/Greenhalgh in place of Nick Ross. Eager to see how a more natural winger would get on out wide. By no means did Ross have a bad game on Saturday but I think its an area where we could be more threatening, i.e. beating one man and putting in a dangerous cross. Cant remember too many crosses coming in from Nick where as I remember about 5/6 from Raven and a few from Doran/Shinnie

If Watkins is available, I'd put him ahead of Ross.  Other than that I'd have the same team again really.

Todays Inverness Courier suggests that Watkins is back in training but that this weeks game at Tannadice may be too soon for him. Curtis Allens injury is mentioned and he is 'not expected to return any time soon'. Doesnt really clear up anything that we didn't already know

Same team as Saturday for me (including the bench), everyone played well once we got going in the second half and i think its better if we stick with it for DU as this team know that they've just won a game and will have plenty confidence going into it. Also I went past the training ground about 2pm and saw five players training, which I only knew two for definite, Curtis Allen and Torbjorn Agdestein. When will Allen be back playing? I'm fascinated to see if he's really all that, as he did reject Swansea for us!

Edited by HeScoresWhenHeWants

I was at the Partick v Utd game on Friday night (don't ask!) and while Utd only got a point, for my money they were the better team.  Scott Fox kept Partick in the game in the first half with a string of really good saves.  I honestly think if Utd had taken one of those chances, especially early in the game it would have been a different result altogether.

So while it's great the the team are full of confidence I hope there's no complacency.

I hope they get right intae them!

I can't help wondering if Agdestein was brought in at the last minute because it became apparent that Allen wouldn't be contributing much for the first few months of the season. Even assuming his injury sorts itself, the fact that he has missed the entire pre-season puts him some way behind everyone else in terms of fitness. And was he not just a part-time footballer to start with?

Hopefully the U20 games over the next few weeks will shed some light on who's is close to making a return. I would imagine Terry would be keen to use the U20 league as a way to build match fitness for fringe players and those making returns from injuries

Sincerely hope that Curtis Allen makes a speedy return to fitness, his goalscoring exploits and highlights from YouTube at other clubs are quite impressive and once fit should make a strong challenge along with Adgestein to Billy for a place

Same again for me, surprised at people dropping Ross as he was excellent for me. I do hope Allen returns from injury soon otherwise I doubt he'll ever play for the club. I may be wrong but If Mckay repeats the performance at the TCS and Toby repeats his Brora performance I can see Toby getting till the end of the season at least and Allen might do an Oswell and leave 6 months early

When will Allen be back playing? I'm fascinated to see if he's really all that, as he did reject Swansea for us!

I think that turned out to be a myth.  He was linked with them, but they never made a move for him IIRC.

When will Allen be back playing? I'm fascinated to see if he's really all that, as he did reject Swansea for us!

I think that turned out to be a myth.  He was linked with them, but they never made a move for him IIRC.

Yeah he confirmed it himself as a rumour on Twitter, and it doesn't surprise me considering Swansea seem to jump at Northern Irish players, Rory Donnelly etc.

Brill

Raven, Warren, Meekings, Shinnie

Foran, Draper

Doran, Vincent, Ross

Billy

Subs: Esson, Devine, Tremarco, Williams, Polworth, Watkins, Agdestien 

If Watkins is available, I'd put him ahead of Ross.  Other than that I'd have the same team again really.

Why? I know Ross, on a good day, can create things. He can get a good cross into the box. He has been known to score. He may be a tad lightweight but he has skill to overcome that. I've seen nothing of Watkins so cant comment there. Just curious to know your reasoning for one over the other.

From what I've seen of Watkins, I think he'll turn out to be a big player for us this season, and could well be in the running for Player of the Year come the end of it.  While Ross is a good player and played quite well on Saturday, my own personal preference for him is down the middle, with someone with more pace and drive on the wings, which Watkins has.