FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dargo to join the Bairns aswell??

Ceske Bairn

From todays Daily Record...... :021:

FALKIRK boss John Hughes is ready to plunge into the transfer market to snap up Craig Dargo from Inverness Caley Thistle and Steve McDougall from Airdrie.

Striker Dargo is planning to quit the Highlanders at the end of the season but Hughes hopes they will accept an offer now rather than be left empty-handed in the summer.

Hughes is also desperate to add ex-Rangers youth midfielder McDougall, 20, who has been attracting a lot of attention recently.

He has already signed Kasper Schmeichel, son of former Manchester United star Peter, on loan from Manchester City.

To me it makes no sense to let a player leave in January for that kind of sum.

When teams are bunched up as close as they are, a top quality player can easily earn us the extra few points that would convert into 2 or 3 positions further up the league and an extra six figure payout.

To me it makes no sense to let a player leave in January for that kind of sum.

When teams are bunched up as close as they are, a top quality player can easily earn us the extra few points that would convert into 2 or 3 positions further up the league and an extra six figure payout.

tbh Dargo hasn't exactly hit the floor running this season, he's injury prone, 29 and Bayne and Wyness are playing well together... maybe the board decided to try and get something for him and use t he money to strengthen the squad

makes sence to me

I' haven't quite decided Dargo leaving would be a good thing or a bad thing. Suppose there are positives and negatives on both sides;

Positives for us

-He's suffered a loss of form

-His large wage off the wage bill

-Nominal fee received (50k or thereabouts)

-Almost 30, and there's no guarantee he'll last 3-4 years longer with his injuries past and future

- 50k could go toward a younger version (Buchanan or Deasley)

- Chance for MsSwegan to shine??

Negatives for us

- Loss of a predatory, quick striker who has shown he can score classy and scrappy goals

- emm....  :024:

I saw this coming.  Was ge not moaning in the press a while ago about always being hooked?  It wouldn't suprise me if something happened between Charlie and Craig over that, and this has then led to him wanting away.  When he signs, we will get the old;

From Charlie:

"Becase we are such a small club, with a small fan base we were unable to offer him good wages"

From Dargo:

"Better chance at Falkirk, great club with a good history, going places, great fans...blah blah blah"

Guess another player decides that they are too big for us, not that I don't mind seeing him go.  Gives a chance for Rossco to give him a boot up the arse in later games.  And the partnership between Bayne and Wyness is looking good, if Bayne can get his holding role sorted, then I think that we are on to something, and possible a better parternship then Dargo and Wyness had.

I' haven't quite decided Dargo leaving would be a good thing or a bad thing. Suppose there are positives and negatives on both sides;

Positives for us

-He's suffered a loss of form

-His large wage off the wage bill

-Nominal fee received (50k or thereabouts)

-Almost 30, and there's no guarantee he'll last 3-4 years longer with his injuries past and future

- 50k could go toward a younger version (Buchanan or Deasley)

- Chance for MsSwegan to shine??

Negatives for us

- Loss of a predatory, quick striker who has shown he can score classy and scrappy goals

- emm....  :024:

Intriguing you think a positive for us would be to let a proven goal scoring 29 year old go in the hopes that a 35 year old who has scored once in 3 years might get a chance  :015:

I think Dargo will leave by the way but I just think it would make better sense to let him go for nothing in the summer

Why not put a Dargo mask on Mcallister and punt him off to Falkirk?

:015: 

Nice 1!!

I think Rory will be with us until he is 21 because of the need to have X number of kids on the bench but then.......  :014:

Intriguing you think a positive for us would be to let a proven goal scoring 29 year old go in the hopes that a 35 year old who has scored once in 3 years might get a chance  :015:

I think Dargo will leave by the way but I just think it would make better sense to let him go for nothing in the summer

Fair enough...  :002:

Chance for McSwegan to shine!  :015: :015: :015:

If this deal is done (and it isn't a certainty) then there is no excuse for not bumping up Broonies contract offer  :001:

EDIT: Thought. Falkirk are asking for 500k for Gow who is in a similar contract scenario to Dargo. Let's use some of our own Yogi logic by slapping an inflated price tag on Dargo  :015:

Falkirk have allegedly received and offer that is "hard to refuse" for Gow and Dargo is only one of a handful of replacements they are looking at.

If that's the case then they will have a bit of cash to play with and if they are serious about Dargo I hope we screw them for 6 figures.