FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new manager thread

Yngwie

Clyde reporter saying Paul Hartley has said No contact regarding the Inverness job.

Where have we heard this before :ponder:

Exactly my thoughts! In a way he isn't lying as the club haven't spoken to him, only Alloa chairman for permission.

Clyde reporter saying Paul Hartley has said No contact regarding the Inverness job.

Where have we heard this before :ponder:

Exactly my thoughts! In a way he isn't lying as the club haven't spoken to him, only Alloa chairman for permission.

Weve learnt to take everything said with pinch of salt and if he wasnt a priority we wouldnt have approached him. Odds havent been shortening on Hartley for nothing. Hoping all this is sorted and we get him. Got a good feeling that he is the right man for the job. 

Where have we heard this before :ponder: Exactly my thoughts! In a way he isn't lying as the club haven't spoken to him, only Alloa chairman for permission.

Weve learnt to take everything said with pinch of salt and if he wasnt a priority we wouldnt have approached him. Odds havent been shortening on Hartley for nothing. Hoping all this is sorted and we get him. Got a good feeling that he is the right man for the job.

Both BBC and STV are saying we approached, nobody has denied we have approached. Clarification from the club would be nice IMO

Where have we heard this before :ponder: Exactly my thoughts! In a way he isn't lying as the club haven't spoken to him, only Alloa chairman for permission.

Both BBC and STV are saying we approached, nobody has denied we have approached. Clarification from the club would be nice IMO

I disagree. In my view, both clubs are doing things in the right way in conducting their business in private.

• Agree 3

I disagree. In my view, both clubs are doing things in the right way in conducting their business in private.

Agreed. If Hartley is made manager then this will be an example of how to do business from both parties involved. Rod Petrie and Terry Butcher take note...

• Agree 1

Where have we heard this before :ponder:Exactly my thoughts! In a way he isn't lying as the club haven't spoken to him, only Alloa chairman for permission. Weve learnt to take everything said with pinch of salt and if he wasnt a priority we wouldnt have approached him. Odds havent been shortening on Hartley for nothing. Hoping all this is sorted and we get him. Got a good feeling that he is the right man for the job. Both BBC and STV are saying we approached, nobody has denied we have approached. Clarification from the club would be nice IMO

You're correct but just leaves the fans unaware of the situation unfortunately.

I just want this deal to go through! Team Hartley

If the club jumped to release a statement every time the press/media chose to speculate over something then they'd have no time to do anything else.

Where have we heard this before :ponder:Exactly my thoughts! In a way he isn't lying as the club haven't spoken to him, only Alloa chairman for permission. Weve learnt to take everything said with pinch of salt and if he wasnt a priority we wouldnt have approached him. Odds havent been shortening on Hartley for nothing. Hoping all this is sorted and we get him. Got a good feeling that he is the right man for the job. Both BBC and STV are saying we approached, nobody has denied we have approached. Clarification from the club would be nice IMO

If the club jumped to release a statement every time the press/media chose to speculate over something then they'd have no time to do anything else.

I understand that but surely with the claims being so advanced the club could confirm or deny the story. I have seen permission asked and also permission granted.

BBC saying Alloa have given permission to speak to Hartley - I would be quite pleased if he got the job - a young up and coming Manager used to working on small budgets and still won Back to back promotions with Alloa - lets go  Team Hartley

I like the idea of Hartley, but if we appoint him we would have to recognise that if he did well he would be head hunted by much bigger clubs than us.  He would be seen as a young manager with very bright prospects indeed.  We'd be lucky if he stayed 2 years.  Personally I would be more than happy with that if he was able to lift a trophy in that time.

• Agree 1

Maybe getting permission to talk to Hartley just to get the low down on Morton for this weekend.

I hope not, hope he interviews well,as everything else seems to fit in place with him. Can see him being a great success, Paddy Connelly with him, and an otherwise unknown talent scout he may want to recruit.

Encouraged by todays developments, big style

Me too. I thought about him at 14's but he still seemed a peripheral figure at those odds when Sutton was odds-on everywhere! But I was fairly sure they'd go for a 'safe pair of hands' like Shiels, Burley, Jimmy Calderwood or Levein, all with SPL experience.

If it's to be Hartley, I'd be quite pleased. An innovative appointment. Unlike the above names, Hartley hasn't managed at the top-level previously.

Another 'learning-curve' for Hartley would be managing full-time players for the first time. But it's all part of the challenge I'm sure he's looking for.

I hope not, hope he interviews well,as everything else seems to fit in place with him. Can see him being a great success, Paddy Connelly with him, and an otherwise unknown talent scout he may want to recruit.

Seemingly, Paddy Connolly used to be a scout for Fulham, so he must have some ability.  Perhaps that's one of the key reasons ICT are going for Hartley, knowing he'll bring Connolly with him and he can in-turn replace Marsella.

Seemingly, Paddy Connolly used to be a scout for Fulham, so he must have some ability.  Perhaps that's one of the key reasons ICT are going for Hartley, knowing he'll bring Connolly with him and he can in-turn replace Marsella.

Seen a suggestion about Craig Gordon coming in as a GK coach. That would be a good move IMO.

Guest Mahonio

If this news is untrue as has been rumoured then surely either club must say so because STV, BBC, Radio Scotland and MFR have all said that permission has been granted.

I will be glad once this managerial situation gets sorted as then we would then be able to concentrate on football again.

Like many on here, i would be happy with Hartley as manager.