FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new manager thread

Yngwie

I don't think Sutton or Hartley have the managerial experience to take the reigns at ICT, not saying either wouldn't be a success but appointing either would be a gamble

They need someone that has managed at a higher level and that's why the club aren't rushing in to make a quick appointment

I'm hearing from my source that Craig Levein has done a complete u turn and has put in an application after all, ok at International level found out but a very capable club manager who must have a lot of contacts

Dougal

Guest Mahonio

I'm telling you, Kenny Shiels WILL be our next manager, damn all this rumours of him pulling out.

If he isn't our next manager then I will be 1st to admit that I was wrong, that's a promise.

I'm telling you, Kenny Shiels WILL be our next manager, damn all this rumours of him pulling out.

If he isn't our next manager then I will be 1st to admit that I was wrong, that's a promise.

I heard yesterday that he was at the game. 

Yet we also heard yesterday he was out of the running...I just dont know anymore  :shrug:

Yet we also heard yesterday he was out of the running...I just dont know anymore  :shrug:

Alot of hearsay to be honest. Hopefully everything will be settled by tomorrow evening. (Wishful thinking)  

Alot of hearsay to be honest. Hopefully everything will be settled by tomorrow evening. (Wishful thinking)  

Your right...wishful thinking. Still remaining as Team Hartley here...

Same here but if someone of Craig Levein's calibre came calling I think the club would opt for him. 

Same here but if someone of Craig Levein's calibre came calling I think the club would opt for him. 

All hearsay again but if he is available aye fair enough. 

• Agree 1

Is it just me or has Paddy Power stopped taking bets for the new manager? Went to check latest odds and it's not there anymore.

Not just you, ICTRoughi! I too am puzzled why the bookies keep taking it down then putting it up again! Currently (at this time) no books are open. I thought it had gone a little quite on the speculation front, so had a look at Oddschecker (who list the odds of most bookies) and there's nothing!

I wonder if they've got some inside info and stopped the book to re-evaluate.

No sightings of candidates leaving the stadium or at the railway station or airport? Are the interviews even at the Stadium - or indeed in Inverness!? We just don't know! Credit to the Board for keeping us guessing...which is all we're really doing!

Hope things are going well, though and that they're zoning in on the right man. It's a big decision and with a likely contract initially until 2016.

Top 4 currently with Paddy Power are:

Sutton 2/1

Shiels 13/5

Hartley 4/1

Levein 13/2

....we shall see this week if they were right

All change

Shiels 15/8

Hartley 3/1

Sutton 3/1

Levein 8/1

Robertson 8/1

Do they know something - are spondooliks being laid?

All change again

Sutton 7/4

Sheils 12/5

Hartley 3/1

Levein 8/1

Robertson 8/1

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Sutton would be a horrible choice.  We need a big personality to take the team forward, and I'm led to believe he has a personality that makes Craig Levein look like Barack Obama!

Top 4 currently with Paddy Power are:

Sutton 2/1

Shiels 13/5

Hartley 4/1

Levein 13/2

....we shall see this week if they were right

All change

Shiels 15/8

Hartley 3/1

Sutton 3/1

Levein 8/1

Robertson 8/1

Do they know something - are spondooliks being laid?

All change again

Sutton 7/4

Sheils 12/5

Hartley 3/1

Levein 8/1

Robertson 8/1

it's not really all change cause it's staying the same just the odds change depending on who bets on it 

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Sutton would be a horrible choice.  We need a big personality to take the team forward, and I'm led to believe he has a personality that makes Craig Levein look like Barack Obama!

Mind you, Henrik Larsson's boring drawl makes Sutton look like Churchill.

Fully agree.  There's nothing to pin any faith on Sutton on.

Whilst only 8-1 it is interesting that Robertson is back in the odds after apparently saying that he had been told he was not on the short list.  However, what he said on the BBC prior to the game on Saturday was interesting.  He said he had heard absolutely nothing from the club and made the point that this was the sort of job you didn't apply for but waited till the club invites you to talk to them.  I know, it sounds very naive but that is what he said.  It came across as if he was almost begging the club to get in touch.  Maybe he was not on the short list because he hadn't written to express an interest in the club.  Now the club know he wants the job, maybe they have been in touch.

I'd prefer Robbo to Sutton and Levein but would prefer Hartley or Shiels.  I'll guess we will know soon enough but it would not surprise me if it was somebody nobody has yet mentioned.

I don't think we need a big personality to take the team forward.  Our team is good as it is, we are in our best ever position, we have leaders all over the pitch (Warren, Shinnie, Foran, Draper).  It's not as though a manager is taking over a down on it's luck group who need gee'd up.