FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new manager thread

Yngwie

Tomorrow we play one of our greatest rivals, without a rudder on the ship. It will not do.

Not a bad result though for a rudderless ship ;-)

I think the understatement of the financial year 

I see Foran had to go over and sort out the substitution. he was definitely the man at the wheel

Edited by Laurence

As things now stand (changes in red):

People who applied/expressed an interest in the job -

• Kenny Shiels - Rumours he's removed himself from the running.
  • Chris Sutton - Ex-Lincoln City manager.  Failed to get ICT job when interviewed for it the last time round.
  • Billy Reid - Ex-Hamilton and Clyde managers.  Recently failed to get the Airdrie job.
  • Gus MacPherson - Ex-St.Mirren and Queen of the South manager.
  • Billy McKinlay - Fulham Coach
  • Antonio Tapia - Ex-Malaga, Real Betis and Tenerife managers, along with others.  Sacked by most clubs it seems and failed to get the Hibs job.
  • John Robertson - Been quoted as saying that he will not get the job.
  • Barry Wilson - Wick Academy and Dingwall Spar manager.  Former Elgin City assistant and recently turned down the Queen of the South job.
  • Paul Hartley - Alloa Athletic manager.  Two consecutive promotions.
  • Rainer Bonhof - Ex-Germany assistant, along with Germany U21, Borussia Monchengladbach, Al-Kuwait and Scotland U21 manager.  Won the World Cup as a player.
  • Csaba Laszlo - Ex-Hearts, Uganda, Chaleroi and Lithuania managers, along with some others.
  • George Burley - Ex-Scotland, Hearts, Southampton, Ipswich Town, Crystal Palace and Derby managers, along with a couple of others.  Recently sacked after two games by Apollon Limassol.
  • John Hughes - Ex-Falkirk, Hibs, Livingston and Hartlepool manager.
  • Alex Miller - Ex-Aberdeen, Hibernian (ten years there), St Mirren and Morton manager, along with spells at JEF United in Japan, South China in Hong Kong, AIK in Sweden and Sibir Novosibirsk in Russia.
  • Unnamed Italian - ???
  • Unnamed South American - ???

Removed themselves from the running - 

• Craig Levein - Declined to be interviewed.  Talk now he has re-entered the running.
  • Richie Foran - Ruled himself out and has yet to do coaching badges.
  • Maurice Malpas - Turned the job down.
  • Duncan Shearer - Ruled himself out.
Edited by Renegade

Did Kenny Cameron say how many was on the shortlist, or are folk just presuming there are 4 names. Craig Brown's name was mentioned a lot last time, and I was almost slashing my wrists, and it took a few years of Butcher to get over that. Now I hear the trigger words Sutton and Shiels and all those thoughts are returning

I just dont see the attraction of either, even for an interview 

Was there ever any meat in the story about Levein ruling himself out? It appeared in the P & J last week but the rest of the media have continued to speculate about him being on the shortlist. He'd be my choice if he is indeed an option because his track record in the SPL is excellent. Nobody else on the list of names above even comes close.   

Was there ever any meat in the story about Levein ruling himself out? It appeared in the P & J last week but the rest of the media have continued to speculate about him being on the shortlist. He'd be my choice if he is indeed an option because his track record in the SPL is excellent. Nobody else on the list of names above even comes close.   

Think there was still a problem with him and his Scotland contract, he is still getting money from SFA, Until he gats another job of course, but if the job offer is way less money he will lose out.

Hartley would be a fine choice.

Can't rule out Vinnie Jones, looking to cut down on the sun exposure might fancy the move north?

Vinnie used to have a house on the black Isle near Munlochy, don't know if he still has it though!

• Agree 1