FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new manager thread

Yngwie

If we play like we did against Hibs when we had no Manager taking responsibility we should do fine.

The team all looked very relaxed and like they were enjoying themselves ,and played like

they wanted to win .So come on same again tomorrow please ...No pressure ...Enjoy !!!!

• Agree 1

Tomorrow we play one of our greatest rivals, without a rudder on the ship. It will not do.

Calm down!  Better to have one match without a manager than the rest of the season with the wrong manager. 

We are not like some clubs who have a deal stitched up before there is a vacancy.   There is a process to go through and that is what the Board is doing as quickly as it reasonably can. 

Tomorrow we play one of our greatest rivals, without a rudder on the ship. It will not do.

Don't worry, Kel will do perfectly well. If nothing else his substitution numbers should be ok after all that maths help I gave him when he sat next to me in school. Taught him all he knows.

People who applied/expressed an interest in the job -

• Kenny Shiels - Ex-Kilmarnock, Carrick Rangers, Larne, Coleraine, Northern Ireland U17s and others manager.
  • Chris Sutton - Ex-Lincoln City manager.  Failed to get ICT job when interviewed for it the last time round.
  • Billy Reid - Ex-Hamilton and Clyde managers.  Recently failed to get the Airdrie job.
  • Gus MacPherson - Ex-St.Mirren and Queen of the South manager.
  • Billy McKinlay - Fulham Coach
  • Antonio Tapia - Ex-Malaga, Real Betis and Tenerife managers, along with others.  Sacked by most clubs it seems and failed to get the Hibs job.
  • John Robertson - Ex-ICT, Hearts, Derry City, Ross County, Livingston and East Fife managers.  Not much of note everywhere post-ICT.
  • Barry Wilson - Wick Academy and Dingwall Spar manager.  Former Elgin City assistant and recently turned down the Queen of the South job.
  • Paul Hartley - Alloa Athletic manager.  Two consecutive promotions.
  • Rainer Bonhof - Ex-Germany assistant, along with Germany U21, Borussia Monchengladbach, Al-Kuwait and Scotland U21 manager.  Won the World Cup as a player.
  • Csaba Laszlo - Ex-Hearts, Uganda, Chaleroi and Lithuania managers, along with some others.
  • George Burley - Ex-Scotland, Hearts, Southampton, Ipswich Town, Crystal Palace and Derby managers, along with a couple of others.  Recently sacked after two games by Apollon Limassol.
  • John Hughes - Ex-Falkirk, Hibs, Livingston and Hartlepool manager.
  • Alex Miller - Ex-Aberdeen, Hibernian (ten years there), St Mirren and Morton manager, along with spells at JEF United in Japan, South China in Hong Kong, AIK in Sweden and Sibir Novosibirsk in Russia.
  • Unnamed Italian - ???
  • Unnamed South American - ???

Removed themselves from the running - 

• Craig Levein - Declined to be interviewed.
  • Richie Foran - Ruled himself out and has yet to do coaching badges.
  • Maurice Malpas - Turned the job down.

Now unless the unnamed South American and Italian are up to much, that's a rather uninspiring list.

Edited by Renegade

Don't worry, Kel will do perfectly well. If nothing else his substitution numbers should be ok after all that maths help I gave him when he sat next to me in school. Taught him all he knows.

How old do you feel having an SPL manager who was in the same year at school as you?

:sad:

• Agree 1

I'd be happy with:

People who applied/expressed an interest in the job -

• Kenny Shiels - Ex-Kilmarnock, Carrick Rangers, Larne, Coleraine, Northern Ireland U17s and others manager.
  • Chris Sutton - Ex-Lincoln City manager.  Failed to get ICT job when interviewed for it the last time round.
  • Billy Reid - Ex-Hamilton and Clyde managers.  Recently failed to get the Airdrie job.
  • Gus MacPherson - Ex-St.Mirren and Queen of the South manager.
  • Billy McKinlay - Fulham Coach (needs an experienced assistant)
  • Antonio Tapia - Ex-Malaga, Real Betis and Tenerife managers, along with others.  Sacked by most clubs it seems and failed to get the Hibs job.
  • John Robertson - Ex-ICT, Hearts, Derry City, Ross County, Livingston and East Fife managers.  Not much of note everywhere post-ICT. (think he'd be a great assistant or coach)
  • Barry Wilson - Wick Academy and Dingwall Spar manager.  Former Elgin City assistant and recently turned down the Queen of the South job. (as would Barry)
  • Paul Hartley - Alloa Athletic manager.  Two consecutive promotions.
  • Rainer Bonhof - Ex-Germany assistant, along with Germany U21, Borussia Monchengladbach, Al-Kuwait and Scotland U21 manager.  Won the World Cup as a player.
  • Csaba Laszlo - Ex-Hearts, Uganda, Chaleroi and Lithuania managers, along with some others.
  • George Burley - Ex-Scotland, Hearts, Southampton, Ipswich Town, Crystal Palace and Derby managers, along with a couple of others.  Recently sacked after two games by Apollon Limassol.
  • John Hughes - Ex-Falkirk, Hibs, Livingston and Hartlepool manager. (good eye for players but needs a more technical assistant)
  • Alex Miller - Ex-Aberdeen, Hibernian (ten years there), St Mirren and Morton manager, along with spells at JEF United in Japan, South China in Hong Kong, AIK in Sweden and Sibir Novosibirsk in Russia.
  • Unnamed Italian - ???
  • Unnamed South American - ???
  • Jimmy Calderwood - took Aberdeen into European group stages, took Dunfermline into Europe, turned down Killie job, did well (apparently) in Holland

Removed themselves from the running - 

• Craig Levein - Declined to be interviewed.
  • Richie Foran - Ruled himself out and has yet to do coaching badges.
  • Maurice Malpas - Turned the job down.

Now unless the unnamed South American and Italian are up to much, that's a rather uninspiring list.

Really?  I think there's a few good names in there. Calderwood, Laszlo and Burley have all shown quality at previous, bigger clubs (with Calderwood and Burley doing far better than should have at Dunfermline and Ipswich).

Guest Mahonio

I reckon Spencey may have made a mistake because a few papers (including p.and j) said that Levein declined an interview.

However, if its true then its Laszlo or Hartley for me.

Some wag on the ICT V St Johnston commentary thread on the BBC said that if Levein is appointed as the Caley thistle manager he plans to sign Kenny miller up front--lone striker, like.

Well, that is certainly a very intriguing thought and worth a try since he was doing very well with the Whitecaps as the season was winding down and scored some fantastic goals and he looked very fit so I think he is a dedicated man who speaks rather well (for an western type . Ha!) who might even be good coach material later on.

We will see....

• Agree 1

How old do you feel having an SPL manager who was in the same year at school as you?

:sad:

Indeed, not to mention the relative success of ones career!