FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new manager thread

Yngwie

BREAKING NEWS

STV are reporting that ICT have approached Alloa to speak to Paul Hartley.

At last, a development!

All this really means though is that he is on the shortlist, which will be no surprise to anyone.

For those who were becoming impatient, I have a feeling that things might move rather quickly now..

:cheer01: Hiya kingsmills, hiya pal

Just read these quotes from Hartley regarding the way he likes football played:

“We work on being positive. When one of our players gets the ball he must look forward straight away. I hate when you hear people say a certain team is great at keeping the ball, but it’s all side passes and backwards passes and they haven’t got anywhere. Our first thought is always to play through the midfeld and get the ball up to the forwards.

“We work a lot on shape and the way we set up the team, the players all know their own jobs, they don’t lump it. They are all happy to take responsibility. They are happy on the ball and they trust their team-mates and they are positive.”

Like the sound of that

• Agree 5

heres another good quote and linky for the article:

The way I see it the players have got to enjoy it and the fans pay good money to be entertained and see goals so we set out our team to do that. If it’s not going well or we are losing, I’m not afraid to put three up front or even five up front and to go and have a go. I would rather that than sit back and get men behind the ball, I think that is frustrating for players and fans.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/alloa-paul-hartley-sticks-with-positive-approach-1-3062014

• Agree 1

heres another good quote and linky for the article:

The way I see it the players have got to enjoy it and the fans pay good money to be entertained and see goals so we set out our team to do that. If it’s not going well or we are losing, I’m not afraid to put three up front or even five up front and to go and have a go. I would rather that than sit back and get men behind the ball, I think that is frustrating for players and fans.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/alloa-paul-hartley-sticks-with-positive-approach-1-3062014

3053428-3658304105-Randy.jpg

• Agree 1

Approaching Alloa to speak to Hartley doesn't necessarily make him the favourite for the job. It's maybe just his turn for an interview. It just becomes public knowledge due to the protocol of formally asking for permission to speak to their manager.

We may already have been in contact with the likes of Paul Sturrock, Craig Levein or Kenny Shiels but haven't heard anything about it as they're not contracted to a club.

I'm starting to feel bad for making a w@nker sign at Hartley when we played Hearts at Pittodrie whilst ground sharing there.

I remember a home game v Hearts where as he approached North Stand to take a corner the chant was 'Vladimir Romanov... He s**** Paul Hartley off' to which Hartley gave a big smile, followed by a gesture with his cupped hand and open mouth.

There then was a round of applause from our fans

• Agree 1

I'm starting to feel bad for making a w@nker sign at Hartley when we played Hearts at Pittodrie whilst ground sharing there.

I remember a home game v Hearts where as he approached North Stand to take a corner the chant was 'Vladimir Romanov... He s**** Paul Hartley off' to which Hartley gave a big smile, followed by a gesture with his cupped hand and open mouth.

There then was a round of applause from our fans

I was there!!!! What a lad though getting the craic, unlike **** lemon!

Viva Paul Hartley