FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

John Hughes

Azgaz

Like it or lump it foran signing a new deal at 34 whist there was no manager in place stinks. Surely the new manager should have given it his blessing ! I've seen this before in football when a c,man interferes in team matters and it all goes pear shape .

You seem to forget that prior to Butcher leaving, Foran, when asked about his future, had stated that it depended on what the manager was going to do.  Butcher goes and Foran signs.  It's interesting but it doesn't stink.  Any candidates coming to the club knew that Foran had signed and if they didn't like it then they had a choice as to whether to apply or not.  I reckon the signing of Foran will have been seen as a positive thing as far most managerial candidates were concerned.

I agree with IHE but would go a bit further. I think Hughes unwillingness to change Butcher's team is a Machiavellian ploy on his part. Had he changed it, and results plunged, he would have been blamed. By keeping the system the same he's waited for cracks and weaknesses to be exposed. Other teams have now gelled, caught up with our fitness and adapted to our tactics. Butcher's plan A has run it's course. Fans now have a more realistic view of Butcher's teams limitations. Putting everything into perspective, it's been a great season so far, and wholesale changes would be foolish. But things definitely need freshening up. There needs to be more competition for places. Ideally you want to make changes BEFORE atrophy sets in, but I can understand why it was a canny move for Hughes to have allowed problems to manifest. Now the fans are crying out for change, and he has the mandate to start putting his own imprint on the team.

Edited by AlexJones

Here is an updated psychological perspective - many evidently did not take the time to read or consider my previously posted Aftermath of a Narcissist post. ICT had become Terry Butcher - he was in control of EVERYTHING. He had his co-dependents entrenched and wholly loyal to his cause. He manipulated others and bullied if necessitated. To be fair he was and is an impressive and characteristic individual and has learned a lot from the psychology that he has trained and invested in. I suspect that many of the players - especially many who feel indebted to TB - are still grieving. This was never going to be the case of a new manager coming in all around the club trying to impress and results being positive. Irrespective of who got the job they were in fer a very, very difficult initiation. I am informed that one of TB's main "beefs" was that he recognised that the squad was threadbare and wanted more funds which were never going to be available. He is adept enuff at seeing that the writing was on the wall and fecked off to Embra before he was the one that looked like a failure. The promises of Leith added to the lure.

And from my perspective - what has Hughes changed since he arrived - the answer is feckin nothing - becos that would have totally upset the remaining co-dependents and many of the blinded fans on this forum. He is still playing the Butcher system and the TB selection, even down to the subs. He has really kept a back seat as he does not want to make waves. We had INCREDIBLE L.U.C.K in avoiding injuries and suspensions and we were always going to struggle when we did. Well that may well be Yogi's saving grace. I reckon that if we make the league Cup final and a top six finish that will be a success. Lets blood some of the youngsters instead of playing the TB/Vaseline selections from Down Saff.

Hughes would not have been my first choice but I can see the logic and this forum is not helping in feeding the negativity and the anger - which again psychologically - is more about the loss of a Judas and a false hope that he had cleverly instilled rather than the arrival of a journeyman, an honest man and somebody who would die for a cause. This is ICfeckinT not Real Madrid.

Have to say this sums up what I see very clearly. Having experienced some poor results, Yogi now gets the chance to impose a little bit of his own character on the team against Motherwell. Until now he has been careful not to rock a successful boat too much but the supporters should join him in making changes to bury the Butcher dictatorship.

Wee bit too much thinking going on. Reality is guy has only been in the job a few games and needs to be cut a wee bit slack. Our squad will always be thin if we want to have good players in it - he doesn't have a great deal of options to improve the team but what he does have is two youngsters for free who seem ready for the next step now.

There will be a time to judge him but that's not right now IMO. Needs an assistant pronto though and should be his own man.

Like it or lump it foran signing a new deal at 34 whist there was no manager in place stinks. Surely the new manager should have given it his blessing ! I've seen this before in football when a c,man interferes in team matters and it all goes pear shape .

post-4861-0-27058000-1388837914.jpg

Ahoy there Invershneckles! Die hard Hibby here.

Just came to let you know that Hughes is a absolute ***** appointment for you. He was a brilliant committed player for Hibs but i never wanted him as a manager and like most hibby's was glad to see him gone.

As far as i am concerned he is nothing more than a bully. He is illiterate and arrogant. Good luck heelanders! you are going to need it.

I thought Foran might have been able to steer your ship alone but whoever thought Hughes was worth a punt after Butcher & Malpass needs their head checked.

Enjoy a future full of bizarre post match statements and incoherent drivel.

Get him tae f*$^ pronto!

Just came to let you know that Hughes is a absolute ***** appointment for you. He was a brilliant committed player for Hibs but i never wanted him as a manager and like most hibby's was glad to see him gone.

As far as i am concerned he is nothing more than a bully. He is illiterate and arrogant. Good luck heelanders! you are going to need it.

I thought Foran might have been able to steer your ship alone but whoever thought Hughes was worth a punt after Butcher & Malpass needs their head checked.

Get him tae f*$^ pronto!

Agreed

We did get the same thing from fans of ex-Butcher clubs and that turned out pretty well

...but I fear they may be right this time.

I live in hope but full of doubt.

Certainly not from Motherwell fans - and who else is there ?   He did a great job at FP, kept us in business and took us to a League Cup Final for the 1st time in 50yrs.

I think the thing was, as a single entity Butcher and Malpas did very well at Motherwell in some very difficult circumstances.  It was only apart that the two became a menace.

I can't believe the issue of the assistant was talked about during the interview process, particularly has Hughes's main right hand man Brian Rice, is currently in a sticky situation in Qatar (what's Eddie May doing with himself just now by the way?).

Talk on here recently that the likely new assistant is Duncan Shearer (he is down in the programme as such), but he doesn't want the job, which would come as no surprise to me at all.

That's the last thing we need - a manager no-one wanted and an assistant who doesn't want to be there!

Edited by Renegade

We did get the same thing from fans of ex-Butcher clubs and that turned out pretty well

...but I fear they may be right this time.

I live in hope but full of doubt.

Certainly not from Motherwell fans - and who else is there ?   He did a great job at FP, kept us in business and took us to a League Cup Final for the 1st time in 50yrs.

There were a few Brentford fans on.

• Agree 1

Get him tae f*$^ pronto!

Agreed

Agreed

Here is an updated psychological perspective - many evidently did not take the time to read or consider my previously posted Aftermath of a Narcissist post. ICT had become Terry Butcher - he was in control of EVERYTHING. He had his co-dependents entrenched and wholly loyal to his cause. He manipulated others and bullied if necessitated. To be fair he was and is an impressive and characteristic individual and has learned a lot from the psychology that he has trained and invested in. I suspect that many of the players - especially many who feel indebted to TB - are still grieving. This was never going to be the case of a new manager coming in all around the club trying to impress and results being positive. Irrespective of who got the job they were in fer a very, very difficult initiation. I am informed that one of TB's main "beefs" was that he recognised that the squad was threadbare and wanted more funds which were never going to be available. He is adept enuff at seeing that the writing was on the wall and fecked off to Embra before he was the one that looked like a failure. The promises of Leith added to the lure.

And from my perspective - what has Hughes changed since he arrived - the answer is feckin nothing - becos that would have totally upset the remaining co-dependents and many of the blinded fans on this forum. He is still playing the Butcher system and the TB selection, even down to the subs. He has really kept a back seat as he does not want to make waves. We had INCREDIBLE L.U.C.K in avoiding injuries and suspensions and we were always going to struggle when we did. Well that may well be Yogi's saving grace. I reckon that if we make the league Cup final and a top six finish that will be a success. Lets blood some of the youngsters instead of playing the TB/Vaseline selections from Down Saff.

Hughes would not have been my first choice but I can see the logic and this forum is not helping in feeding the negativity and the anger - which again psychologically - is more about the loss of a Judas and a false hope that he had cleverly instilled rather than the arrival of a journeyman, an honest man and somebody who would die for a cause. This is ICfeckinT not Real Madrid.

Your like an Italian tank !! 1 forward gear and 5 reverse gears :-)