FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Our most prolific goalscorer on the bench???????

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

I assume that CC either knows Dargo has made his mind up to leave or is making his mind up for him. FFS him and Wyness looked like the partnership of ole when playing Stirling last week 3 goals between them. Okay it was only against Stirling but Bayne struggled to make anything for anybody or himself - well until he hit the post. In all honesty Bayne must be one of the worst strikers we have ever had in terms of goals per minutes played - and as for a target man ffs - okay he did well against Rangers but so did Dunfermline.

Its about time the Wyness Dargo combo was given a chance - i guarantee they would score more goals than any partnership that had Bayne in it. The boy works hard but if we have any ambition he has to be a fringe player with the likes of Dargo been offered proper money to stay.

Dargo and Wyness must start next week - im off to church tomorrow in hope of devine intervention.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree - I think Bayne and Wyness have shown recently that they are our strongest partnership up front (at the moment at least)

Also a little strange that you think Wyness and Dargo were strong up front against Stirling when Wyness was actually playing in behind a front two of Bayne and Dargo.  This would suggest to me that Dargo can/does only perform at his best when he isn't asked to do any leg work and someone else is doing all the graft in order to put the ball at his feet.

I'm with CaleyD, I disagree.

As I've said before, it may sound like a bit of a contradiction, but being a striker isn't all about scoring goals, Joe Jordan one of Scotland's all time top forwards was never prolific.

Graham Bayne is a good centre-forward. He gets good remarks in the press from the "experts"

Whilst I appreciate Dargo has a good return, I must admit my favoured pair at the moment would be Bayne and Wyness

Yip on the bench and likely going to be sold as well  :010: :010: what you gonna moan about then 1MORESEASONBLACK???

He has disagreed with CC to the media and CC is making his feelings known by not playing him and probably getting rid as well... good on'm there is no place for player's egos at ICT

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

What did Bayne do in that game bar hit the post. The Dargo/Wyness link up play at times was sublime plus they SCORED 3 GOALS between them. You'll never see Bayne link up with anyone as well. CC should persevere with the Wyness/Dargo partnership  just as he has with Bayne. It beggars belief that our top goalscorer is either left on the bench or subbed for someone with so much less to offer. If we were striving to be a mid table first divison team then I would be all for Bayne up front as he would make an average SFL player. Dargo must stay and Caley must show that their intention is to be a top six SPL team by giving class players like the aforementioned incentives to stay in the Highlands.

What did Bayne do in that game bar hit the post. The Dargo/Wyness link up play at times was sublime plus they SCORED 3 GOALS between them. You'll never see Bayne link up with anyone as well. CC should persevere with the Wyness/Dargo partnership  just as he has with Bayne. It beggars belief that our top goalscorer is either left on the bench or subbed for someone with so much less to offer. If we were striving to be a mid table first divison team then I would be all for Bayne up front as he would make an average SFL player. Dargo must stay and Caley must show that their intention is to be a top six SPL team by giving class players like the aforementioned incentives to stay in the Highlands.

You're talking about the STIRLING ALBION game here.

What about the Rangers game, when Bayne was outstanding. Bayne is an SPL player without a shadow of doubt. HE CONSTANTLY PROVES HIMSELF IN THE BIG GAMES !

Personally I think Bayne / Wyness are becoming an excellent partnership but that said and going back to the title of this thread perhaps we should go Bayne / Dargo as they are the most prolific scoring strikers this season. I cant be ersed looking back over match reports when when the latter pairing was the choice but I think that had it not been for Bayne's involvement Dargo's count wouldn't be so high.

If this 'Bayne is crap and Dargo is sublime' theme is so correct, why is it that Bayne ran Anderson ragged - to such effect that he nullified Anderson's attacking strengths and when Dargo came on with the defence, by now tired, he made little impression.

Bayne for me was one of the best team players on the park today.

Rankin I felt was weak, too prepared to turn the ball back to the defence instead of making a run either up the wing or inside to rattle their defence.

However the game could and should have been won by a small degree of belief in their own ability.

Aberdeen were not a very cohesive team today and all we needed was a player to hold the ball when we were in possession and play an intelligent ball BUT we were a wee bit frantic throughout - none more so than the play leading up to the goal.

However that does not take away the enjoyment of the  game, yes it felt like a defeat due to the lateness of the equaliser but for 94 mins we were something to be so proud of.

Have to say I'm with 1MORESEASONBLACK on this one. You win football matches by scoring more goals than the opposition and leaving out the player who is best at scoring goals in your team is odd to say the least.

Bayne seems to be getting constant plaudits on here for his performances but the simple fact is he rarely scores. OK he got the winnner against Rangers but thats ancient history now. He gives his all in every game but he has to as lets face it he is a very average player. If he is so well respected by the "experts" in the game how come no one comes after him in the transfer windows?

I'm sure Dargo will be off at the end of the season anyway. I doubt he would want to stay if he gets dropped from the team after nearly netting a hat trick the week before  :006:

Don't think you can simpy dismiss Bayne because he doesn't score goals.  You have to look at how many goals he contributes too and the part he plays in making opposition defence really have to work hard which creates opportunities for others.  Nobody in our current squad works a defence harder than Bayne.

Dargo is by far our best option up front.  Anyone who thinks that Bayne or Wyness is better must be living on a different planet.

As for this pish about CC showing who's boss......will he be doing the same with Brown and Dods then? It's quite obvious Brownie is looking at getting away, so bench him then CC. Dods has already signed for someone else....the bench for him next week then?

If Dargo was undecided before today, I don't think he will be now.

We have few genuine class players, it's fecking annoying when the ones we do have are sat on the sidelines.

Personally, I really don't care if Brown or Dods leave, but I fear for us if Dargo goes. The thought of Bayne/Wyness being our first choice strike partnership doesn't inspire me with confidence at all.

Here's a thought. Dargo was upset, and expressed his thoughts in the press, that Barry got in his way and stopped him trying for a hat-trick. Even spouts of that he's going to have words with Barry on monday morning? Is this sort of attitude good for morale in the dressing room. Does the management want such bigheadedness in the squad?

To be perfectly honest I believe that CC and Parky dont want the tag of running with someone elses team so they intend to allow some to go and bring some new blood in and by the start of next season we will be playing with their team. They know which ones are committed to us and which ones are stalling on contracts etc. in the hope of offers elsewhere and they probably know who else they will get into the squad between now and next season and I would envisage quite a changed team to what we've had. The measure of success will always be avoiding relegation but the ambition will be to get as high up as possible and I believe we will see some good times on the way.

Yip on the bench and likely going to be sold as well  :010: :010: what you gonna moan about then 1MORESEASONBLACK???

He has disagreed with CC to the media and CC is making his feelings known by not playing him and probably getting rid as well... good on'm there is no place for player's egos at ICT

And should there be room for the Manager's ego,drop's the best player because they don't get on,great for the team that is!!

Leave out your top goalscorer because you've had a falling out sure the top manager's all do that

And should there be room for the Manager's ego,drop's the best player because they don't get on,great for the team that is!!

Leave out your top goalscorer because you've had a falling out sure the top manager's all do that

:024: :024: :024:

Sir Ferguson... Van Nistelrooy anyone??

If Dargo has indicated to the club that he intends to go, what's wrong with preparing for next season by giving some preference to the forwards who will b here next season especially as we are now all but safe from relegation.

As I said earlier in the thread, does that mean we've seen the last of Dods in an ICT shirt then? And seeing as Brown is obviously less than 100% committed to the cause then surely it should be Fraser in goal for the rest of the season?

I somehow doubt it.

As long as we're paying our best players we should play them.

Everyone seems quick to jump to the conclusion that he was on the bench because of some kind of falling out.  It could just as easily be that CC believes we needed a different kind of player/partnership up front for this game and it was purely a tactical decision.

Dargo would have been next to useless if he had started yesterday given the tactics we started the game with.

He wouldn't have had a chance against the long balls with Anderson (who looks like a girl) marking him.

If we had passed it then yes we would have possibly had more success but it's all hypothetical.

I think Dargs has been given ample opportunity to stamp his mark on the team for for one reason or another he has not taken it where goals are concerned, from what i have seen of Bayne he is a good honest hard working player who gets goals as well without being prolific.

...maybe more than a falling out in this case...remember Ruud Van Whatsisname??

Guest Suspicious Mind

Missed yesterday's game but would expect the Bayne, as he always does, put in a first class shift and contributed hugely to the team effort. That said, I would always play Dargo before him as he is much more likely to score and the last time I checked tou don't win games if you don't score!

CC has always put what he believes the best team for the job on the pitch and once selected he deserves our support whoever he picks.

It still surprised me that Dargo didn't start. It will be a long time before we see one of our strikers contribute to the league goals tally the way he did last season and I do not believe he has lost it. I would prefer it if we enjoyed him while we can.