FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Summer transfer targets

Doofer

WARNING....toys ejected from prams can cause a trip hazard. Proceed with caution.

Don"t think anyone has thrown their toys out of the pram. People are reacting to direct quotes from Yogi and I can see why.

Personally I think we will, or already have, signed at least two players. If the players are still under contract 'til 1st July we have in the past not announced players until they are actually free. Players who have been offered a new contract by their present club but have agreed to join us.

With pre-season training starting on Thursday, there may be an announcement coinciding with that... or at least a leaked photo or two of unidentified players who could be on trial. 

The routine of bringing in an attacking player on loan hasn't been too profitable in seasons gone by unfortunately (S.Winnall, Toby, A.MacDonald, J.Roberts, D.Mackie, B.Fetai). 

Guest Shaun

I never noticed any hints, only ones I saw were ones reminding us of North of Scotland draw and when pre season starts?

Part of me actually misses the days when we had to rebuild every season, it made pre-season friendlies much more interesting - worth the long treks to see all these unknown new players in action. The same feeling you had in the playground opening a pack of Panini stickers.

They were on twitter looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom house to rent

Actually looking for more than one flat/house :wink:

Does this mean we've signed Leigh Griffiths!? His squad of ex-girlfriends and kids would need an entire housing estate...

• Agree 4

A couple of the players live near Dawson. They're trying to get away. :P

You know where I live........

He may not but I do and the idea of getting away definitely appeals...

Actually looking for more than one flat/house  :wink:

Plenty of flat houses if you look up Inverness on 3D google maps .... a flat stadium too

post-2-0-30532900-1403622907.png

Bit of an update on summer signings/if any:

JOHN Hughes is eyeing fresh Caley Thistle talent this summer – but vows he won’t blow the budget to bring targets to the Scottish Premiership club.

As the Highlanders begin their pre-season preparations today (Thursday), the Inverness CT boss will run the rule over one or two trialists.

However, he won’t be adding any new faces to his squad, which finished fifth in the Scottish Premiership last season, unless the club can afford them AND they are here to make a genuine bid for a starting shirt.

He said: "We’ll be looking at one or two trialists in pre-season, but I want to give the opportunity to the guys already here who want to show me they should be in the team.

"I will never put the club in jeopardy in terms of our spending. We might bring one or two players here on loan, but that’s only if finances are right because otherwise that’s a recipe for disaster."

"You are always looking to move the squad forward. New faces can give one or two a kick up the backside, but they need to be better than what we have here now. If you look to bring in academy players, their managers want you to give them first-team games and I can’t say they will play, but I don’t want them sitting in the stand either. These are things that the staff will be looking at as we plan for next season."

Pretty sensible approach however I really do think we need strikers to help/challenge/push Billy McKay

full story here: http://www.highland-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/Inverness-Caley-Thistle/Budget-wont-be-blown-for-any-player-Hughes-25062014.htm

• Agree 1

I wholeheartedly agree with Yogi there as I mentioned in one of my previous posts is that he will be doing his due diligence so that we don't overspend on the wrong players.

It's good to see that we will have two trialists which indeed could be strikers and also mentioning a couple of loans coming in. I think we could use just a little bit more depth in our squad considering the amount of players that left us.