FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Small club mentality

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I responded to his alcohol induced mumbo jumbo utterances ages ago on this thread.... He seems to be suggesting that an erroneous substitution was made by our manager, who he seems to think suffers from some kind of small club mentality dissorder....

He's so fecking deranged now if he had half a brain he could be dangerous.... Wonder if he's one of these people that the Home Office are trying to trace...  :024:

I responded to his alcohol induced mumbo jumbo utterances ages ago on this thread.... He seems to be suggesting that an erroneous substitution was made by our manager, who he seems to think suffers from some kind of small club mentality dissorder....

He's so fecking deranged now if he had half a brain he could be dangerous.... Wonder if he's one of these people that the Home Office are trying to trace...  :024:

Hindsight is 20 20. How can you possibly criticize the gaffer so harshly after we've just played the best team in the country off the park? You're such a dummy spitter. I'll bet if he hadn't taken Blackie on and we'd lost you'd be on here slagging Christie for NOT taking Blackie on. Try changing your username to Coco the clown. 

absolutely spot on  :025: :025: :025:

I don't know about small town mentality but we were happy to play for a draw latterly with no urgency to keep the game going.  When Duncan was subbed he ambled off at a snail's pace.  With this approach in mind we most certainly did defend deeper and deeper and were asking for trouble.

THis was a shame because for the most part we played very well indeed.

IMHO that is exactly what fecked us today in unison with some tactical naievity from CC. Before I go any further I would wish to emphasise that there were lots of positives in todays performance BUT we threw away a point if not three by small minded defensive tactics.

As I mentioned on the actual game thread I really thought that Cellic were there for the taking but I feel we threw it away by: a) Duncan was having an impressive day - effectively stifling forward movement, some clever interceptions, playing the simple pass and covering supreme. Royster was in "invisible" mode. So taking on Black was offense minded but why take off Duncan and not Roy?? b) I could not believe that throw in to us with three minutes to go and Munro and Dods stood their ground. Shurely attacking is the best form of defence!! c) and then we played deep - on our feckin 18 yard box when we had held a high line all day and allowed them acres of room in midfield and d) after looking to pass and play to feet we resorted to the feckin hoof it as far as ya can mode and finally Nakamura - who Duncan had shackled all day is allowed to go to the left unnoticed  :006: :006:

Constructive criticism fer a Manager who is improving game to game but still annoys me with his small club philosophy.

Oops. Called out by the polis - fer a joint visit I should emphasise - but can I request that we revist this thread without the emotional outcries of the Dead Pool or Johnnie (condom) Boy - and have some serious discourse. Goodnite.  :022: :022:

I would agree that Duncan was playing very well yesterday and Roy was poor (lots of effort and very little end product). However the substitution was to provide some additional energy in the deeper part of the central midfield, which was where Russell was playing. Roy was much further forward.

Also, to try and suggest that the manager allowe dthe team to sit deeper is nonsense. Just about every top manager I can think of has at some time expressed their frustration that their team sat deeper as the match went on. To critise CC on this is clutching at straws.

Tactically we were excellent yesterday with septic limited to only a couple of chances other that the two comedy defending moments which led to the goal! Equally, some of our forward play considering we had two very similar players up front was excellent.

Its not criticism as such. Agree with the reasons fer the substitution - but Duncan was having a very successful time in the central midfield position but needed help - Royster should have been hooked. Taking on Black appeared to be an offensive ploy.But both Munro and Dods not going up fer a threatening throw in had evidently been fed from the side. And yet again I beseech ya to read the opening post. CC made a mistake and cost us a point. It is part of the learning curve and did not cost us too dearly. Is CC beyond reproach?

Guest Suspicious Mind

Is Duncan the new Dargo?

Impress for 70+ then get hooked and depart looking very pissed off!

Hard down by two weeks in a row IMO.

Guest PaulieBee

Got to admit that I was suprised to see Duncan come off as he was doing well IMHO although Mrs PB confirms that CC did give him a well done pat after he came off the field. So it will be interesting to see if your theory plays out IHE.

Two things, firstly your only allowed 11 men on the pitch, so if you take a sub on then you have to take someone off and secondly, we were crying out for some fresh legs on the park, CC obviously thought Blackie had something to offer to the game and Duncan was in the position that Black is strongest in.  Had CC replaced McBain with Black then I would have seen that as a far stranger decision than the one that was made.

Every player on the pitch was playing well and had it been McBain that was replaced and the result ended the same then you'd have someone on here saying "Why did he hook McBain, he was having a great game and didn't deserve it".

I see your full cycle is almost complete Ender, were you jumping around and cheering when Vinegar of Humperdink scored?

Send CC and email and ask him, we can't tell you what his reasons are.

Get behind him, not on top of him all the time, ya olde git.