FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Benjamin Omerovic

Renegade

As mentioned in the Development League thread, we have Swedish centre-back Benjamin Omerovic on trial and played against Partick this afternoon.  Initially my thinking is that we don't really need another centre-back but I see he is left-sided so it is a slightly different option.  Seemingly his last club was Nykopings BIS in the Swedish Division One.  STV have included a video of him.  I'm always a bit dubious of these types of videos, but he does seem to be a ball playing centre-back which would fit into our style of play, as well as being a bit taller than Warren, Meekings and Devine.

https://vimeo.com/146131686

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Renegade said:

he does seem to be a ball playing centre-back which would fit into our style of play,

Indeed, there's some great distribution in that video - just needs to put on a few stone and he could finally be the replacement for Bobby Mann!

However, some of the fancy stuff is a bit heart-stopping, and presumably the showreel omits the times it all went wrong and he got dispossessed.......

That video looks pretty decent.  I like how they had a more uplifting song for the passes and playmaking stuff and an angry rock song for the tackles.  Well played whoever made that, I assume it was his agent.

As usual the Dean McDonald warning applies to all videos of players.  Also, most of the footage seems to be taken from empty stadiums and semi-public parks, leading me to wonder what sort of level he's been playing at.

25 minutes ago, ictchris said:

That video looks pretty decent.  I like how they had a more uplifting song for the passes and playmaking stuff and an angry rock song for the tackles.  Well played whoever made that, I assume it was his agent.

As usual the Dean McDonald warning applies to all videos of players.  Also, most of the footage seems to be taken from empty stadiums and semi-public parks, leading me to wonder what sort of level he's been playing at.

Level 3 in Sweden.

His team plays in 3rd tier of Swedish system. They finished 7th this season. I would hope our club would assess the guy on the field and not from video. As Swedish season is over for now I would assume he's showcasing his skills at a few clubs with the hope of upping his level.

Good in the air, good anticipation, good passer, good tackler so why is he playing in the lower swedish leagues? is he an up and coming youngster or is he playing at his level? I must say I like a CB who points to where he wants his teammates to go shows good reading of the game and confidence in his own ability to deliver the pass as does his more risky moves. He seems to be playing on astroturf pitches which is a lot different to grass where bad bounces make life much more difficult for those at the back, passing is also more difficult as the ball doesn't travel as quickly. Anyone know how he played against Thistle?

6 hours ago, ictchris said:

We haven't had an dodgy foreign centre half who overplays everything since Nauris Bulvitis, get him signed I say.

Golobart

When he was good he was good and when he was bad he would scare the crap out of half the team.

• Agree 1