Hamilton -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Well you wouldn't want to leave early from a Caley match these days!

Polworth seems to have come of age, that's some hell of a winner

.... Up to sixth, just have to stay there now!

In Madrid at the mo, took a tour of the Bernabau....almost as impressive as the Tulloch Caledonian!

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, 12th Man said:

What a guy, it looks like Liam has prevented a full blown punch up on the team bus, with the last goal.

Save it for County guys.

We nearly had one after the 3rd Accies goal unless that's what you're referring to. Might have been Warren and Fon Williams but hard to tell as the rest of the back 4 were in doing the UN peacekeeping thingy. I'd like to know what that was about, but it looked as if Nade got a free header.

I'd also like to know what Yogi told them to do today. Looked really comfortable at ht, very quickly added a second and looked like carrying on to 3 or 4 nil as Accies were very poor. But decided to sit on the lead and it was all too obvious what would happen.

However all credit to them for winning the game 3 times. At Polworth's winner at least 3 Accies players collapsed flat out on the Astro like corpses.

Just to qualify all of the above drivel, the conditions were absolutely horrendous and McGovern looked absolutely frozen although I doubt he would have stopped any of the 4 goals anyway, although I think he had a hole in his body for the first.

To round off an excellent result, Imrie got booked then subbed :lol: My iPad autocorrects Imrie to 'I ride' which will amuse a few people with long memories...

On to Saturday and the Derby. Can't wait. 

Tell ya.. that was a huge win and 3 points, well done guys!    what a performance and i'm delighted that Liam Polwarth is stepping up to become a great player for us.

Talk about a nailbiting finish!! jeez must have been a nerve shredding finale for those watching, anyway that will give the team a big boost to their confidence for Saturday, canna wait now!

16 hours ago, caley100 said:

Tell ya.. that was a huge win and 3 points, well done guys!    what a performance and i'm delighted that Liam Polwarth is stepping up to become a great player for us.

Talk about a nailbiting finish!! jeez must have been a nerve shredding finale for those watching, anyway that will give the team a big boost to their confidence for Saturday, canna wait now!

I heard that Tena are opening a stall outside Tulloch Stadium and may also sponsor ICT shorts in the future.

Most exhilarating game of the season so far, thanks to the events of the last 10 minutes, but a very hard-working team was badly served by the bench yesterday, imvho. We were absolutely in control for an hour - I barely remember Hamilton creating a chance before they scored - but it was clear that some players were starting to tire badly in particularly difficult conditions, and given renewed hope by the goal, Hamilton were able to start dominating a game that they had never been in. The team's tendency to drop deeper and deeper and invite pressure onto themselves when defending a lead has been a source of concern and frustration all season, and while it was perhaps more understandable yesterday, given the conditions, at least having Williams' pace and Sho Silva's presence on the park in the last twenty five minutes would have provided genuine counter-attacking options: Storey was virtually a passenger during that period, having run himself into the ground.

On the other hand, there was plenty to be encouraged by in addition to the final score. The midfield trio Tansey, Polworth and Draper was immense, key to us absolutely controlling the first hour of the game. After being one of our our best and most important players last season, Tansey had seemed quieter and less confident in the early part of this season, but on the evidence of yesterday, he is starting to get back to his best. Draper drove us forward, as he apparently did against Aberdeen; we're simply a far better side with him in the team, and we need to get him tied to a new contract asap. And of course, the revelation of St Liam continues. For a good three months now, he has been the bright spot in the team: relentlessly industrious, and positive and dynamic in his passing and the runs he makes, where too many others have been timid and conservative. Yesterday's two goals encapsulated all these qualities and rewarded Polworth for what he brings to the team. The one concern, of course, is that if his ability and influence continue to develop at the pace they have done in the first half of this season, then he might be the next player to follow Christie out the door. Wedderburn also had a good game yesterday, commanding the area in front of the central defence and bringing the three aforementioned players into the game. Vincent, on the other hand, still looks like he doesn't quite know where he should be playing.

Hopefully this should inspire the team and given them confidence ahead of the derby, but County are undoubtedly a better team than Hamilton, and our players are going to have to make sure that they create plenty of opportunities, because on the basis of how our season has gone so far, it's an absolute nap that County will score against us.                     

• Agree 6

What a scoreline!  Having secured a victory after again conceding a 2 goal lead should be a boost to the players and a reminder to the manager that we have midfielders capable of scoring if only they are allowed to press forward.  That's 4 excellent points and 6 goals in very poor weather conditions and to my mind, an excellent advert for winter football.  The thing is, the worse the weather gets the more difficult it gets to pass the ball prettily out of defence and play tippy tappy stuff in the middle of the park.  Instead, the players get back to the basic fact that the team that scores the most goals wins the game.  Get the ball up the park and pressure the opposing defence into making errors and the chances will come.  Its a good strategy at the best of times and provides for a lot more excitement to warm the cockles on a cold wet winter's day.

• Agree 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic