FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

It's all Christie's fault...

Harry Chibber

I have to agree with some of the negative comments- its questionable enough to play McSwegan, but  to play him with Bayne, to have two slow and fairly similar strikers up front is really shocking, what are they going to create. Bayne is a fine player that can chase anything down, and make something out of nothing, but he needs someone fast and creative up with him.

I really dont think Charlie is the man for the job after recent tactical decisions, especially against Theltic.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a real bunch of optimists on here.... Did none of you notice we lost two of our main strikers for several weeks? Our experienced keeper moved on to consign himself to reserve team football, or a place on the Celtic's bench for as long as wants - that might have created a problem but it didn't....

There have been several recent games I can think of that we lost narrowly when we were by far the better team....  There is still a very good chance we'll get 7th spot in the league....

We just haven't had much luck this season.... but there is no way will we'll get relegated - why are so many already predicting we'll go down next year? CC has not yet completed a full season in charge yet..... if & when relegation becomes unavoidable - I will agree it will be time for him to move on.....

Guest donmac298

Reading the paper today Charlie has suggested that he may have been too loyal to some players and that we perhaps don't have the quality.  Is he seeing the error of his ways I wonder?

Guest MIDGE55

Funny how so many slagged myself and a few others opinions when cc was appointed.......how times are changing. Can't believe he's still in a job!!

"The early goal in the second half changed the whole game. It was down to awful defending," manager Charlie Christie said. "It's a crux period for the club. I've been exceedingly loyal to players, but sometimes do wonder if we have enough quality."

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport.cfm?id=421792007

I think it's bang our of order for Charlie to criticise the players like that. Indeed that was pretty much the same team that came so close to beating Celtic only a few weeks ago and he was praising them to the heavens. Have the same players that did so well under JR and CB suddenly become unfit for purpose under CC?

Funny how so many slagged myself and a few others opinions when cc was appointed.......how times are changing. Can't believe he's still in a job!!

So - It's time to boot Charlie out now, for admitting we might be might be a wee bit short on quality?

And you can't believe he's still in a job..?  - Just before we lost Dargo & Wyness through injury a top six finish was looking a pretty good bet......

Rig : I think what he was trying to say is we are short of quality in relation to depth of our squad....

Bayne gets way too much critisism...He signed a pre contract when we were in the 1st and probably was bought planning for the 1st division. He's stepped up and improved greatly in the last year. And altho he doesnt score hatfuls i think he always gets around a half dozen. And he has an excellent record v the old firm as well!

Mcswegan had me bullied for signing for us....I tried to somehow excuse it. It was a hard ask, impossible really! :017:

Good to see Dargo back. And Macallister and Fraser still are learning - give them time. Hart perhaps is no longer required altho i always liked him.

Morgan again is young but cant get in the team yet and should be given time.

CC hasnt done great but with 2 wins against Rangers and a 9 game no loss run he's done ok...We dont have a budget and we dont have a youth system of any note and we are slap back in the middle of nowhere location wise. Sorry but thats a tough task for anyone!

This thing about loyalty to the players is total nonsense. Charlie seems to think that it was in some way noble of him not to buy a striker when Denzil and Dargs got injured. His outburst after yesterdays game was unacceptable because he didn't shoulder any of the blame himself.

Who's fault is it that we don't have any cover at the back or that we're relying on a raw 19 year-old and a fat 35 year-old to score goals? We keep hearing that the resources are there to bring in players - well if they'd been used wisely then we'd be in the top six.

I'm not calling for Charlie's head, but i think he's had a very shaky start to his managerial career.

CC hasnt done great but with 2 wins against Rangers and a 9 game no loss run he's done ok

But you have to question why we've had such wild fluctuations in form. I mean, how can we be absolutly brilliant against Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs - and then utterly rank against St Mirren, Dunfermline and Falkirk, often the very next week? Yes, football is a 'funny old game' but you have to be concerned with how drastically some of our players performance levels seem to drop from one week to the next without any apparent explanation.

Of course Stan!! there are so many class strikers without a club at the moment that they are tripping over each other to come to Inverness. Dont you honestly think that if a suitable person was available we would have ignored him. I know for a fact that the club tried to get someone but we couldn't afford their demands.

We need to get some defenders in.  Dods is leaving and whenever McCaffrey plays we lose goals.

Hibs signed Rob Jones for £100,000 from the English League Two, get some feelers out for a similar sort of player.  It's pretty obvious that Dargs is off as well and McSwegan will probably be freed.  We need to sign two strikers, preferably wtih a bit of pace.

Johnboy, i don't think we should aim for a league position which fits with the size of our club, after all, clubs only grow in size by punching above their weight for a few seasons. I don't expect Caley to finish in the top 6 regularly, but this season we had a great opportunity to do it. We've got a really settled squad, a great work-rate, and a spine of very good players.

We also keep hearing that the club is in a stable financial position and that CC has money to spend on strengthening the squad. If we had done that in the correct manner then i have no doubt that we would be celebrating a place in the top 6 just now, instead of having this painful discussion.

Alex, i'm just going by CC's 'official' explanation of why we didn't sign a striker. I believe it was because he wanted to show faith in Rory and McSwegan.

CC hasnt done great but with 2 wins against Rangers and a 9 game no loss run he's done ok

But you have to question why we've had such wild fluctuations in form. I mean, how can we be absolutly brilliant against Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs - and then utterly rank against St Mirren, Dunfermline and Falkirk, often the very next week? Yes, football is a 'funny old game' but you have to be concerned with how drastically some of our players performance levels seem to drop from one week to the next without any apparent explanation.

Thats why i only said he's done ok... He's definately made mistakes and we are not getting results we are capable of against "lesser" oppositon but we need to strengthen heavily in the summer and cast out the dead beat and then judge CC

the problem is if we get involced in a relegation battle next term, we dont have the man in charge to pull us out of it, the few vital games we've had this year have all ended in failure.

its all been said above, we need charlie christie OUT.  donald park and possibly bennet aswell.  we need big change of management as the players we have are more than capable

we have the potential to be a bigger club than dunfermline, motherwell, falkirk and st mirren.  if we go down in the next 2 years we'll never realise it.  even im starting to lose faith in the club, never thought id ever feel like this, the closer we get to going down due to christies inability to motivate, train or organise players the worse it gets.  i seriously fear for our future, not because we might get relegated, but because those in charge bottled it when they hired christie.  when he does eventually get sacked they need to show a bit more guts and not give a toss about keeping the highland league throw backs in the inverness footballing community happy.  why should i support something i dont want anything at all to do with?

itll never happen to me but i can see why bingham legend jumped ship, he didnt want anything to do with ict after going down the christie route, up until then the club had always shown the right attiude and demonstrated a real sense of purpose about where it was going.  he saw the appointment of cc as a change in thinking which alienated and disapointed him, his enthusiasm as a fan dropped, he gave up.

i had serious problems from the start with his appointment, they remain!

Is it really THAT bad clacher? :024:

We're still 8th, i think we've stalled a little but theirs next season...wait till the summer before you completely write him off

Errr...no sorry, we have dropped down another place to ninth as the roller coaster ( league position and mental state ) season rolls to an ignominious end.

if we lose to gers and pars win its sweaty palms time.

Good point about us having the potential to be a bigger club. As Theraclitus famously said 'You can never step into the same river twice'. Everything is in a state of flux, the world is constantly moving and changing. Sometimes the direction you're going in is more important than where you are at any precise moment.

If we're being optimistic we should dismiss our 'small club' status as merely a transitional stage. Inverness is growing all the time both demographically and economically - the Highland Region is about the same size as Belgium, we have our own football league to breed talent etc.

As for the 'middle of nowhere' jibes. If its so bad how come the towns full of central belters? Thousands of them are moving up here because they actually prefer to live in the Highlands to Weegieland. Why should footballers be any different?

I'd like Charlie to stop lamenting our current limitations and start showing some vision for the future. Inverness has alot going for it. The underdevelopment of the clubs current fanbase, for example, should be seen as an opportunity / growth sector rather than an excuse to moan!

IMHO All of the resources and primary pre-cursors are in place for ICT to grow into a big club. It's a case of putting it all together. Ten years from now we could easily be pulling crowds of 10,000.

Dead-ball, how the **** can you compare the Highlands with Belgium. Population of highland region 460,000. population of Belgium 9.3 million.

Yes, one day in the future their may be a fanbase of 10,000 but not until the OF disappears as the first choice team for the majority of people living in the highlands.

One of the big problems I see, is not the club, but some of the fans. They seem to think we should have a god given right to win everything. Are the teams who have been established for over a hundred years supposed to lie down and let us win. We've gone from highland league to SPL in ten years. We've been lucky in that we had a fairly easy ride to get here. We now need to concentrate on staying in this league and build year on year.

Getting rid of CC is NOT the answer in my opinion.He's got feck all to work with and of course big changes will be needed in pre-season.However im still confident we can progress under him.To all of those who want him out, who would seriously do a better job? It's time to get behind the management team instead of critising them every week.We are so lucky to have parkie, a coach one top spl player describes as ''The best coach he's worked under''.Christie is still learning and I admit some of his comments to the press have been wrong, but he needs time to adjust to management.

Guest Bonzo

"The early goal in the second half changed the whole game. It was down to awful defending," manager Charlie Christie said. "It's a crux period for the club. I've been exceedingly loyal to players, but sometimes do wonder if we have enough quality."

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport.cfm?id=421792007

I think it's bang our of order for Charlie to criticise the players like that. Indeed that was pretty much the same team that came so close to beating Celtic only a few weeks ago and he was praising them to the heavens. Have the same players that did so well under JR and CB suddenly become unfit for purpose under CC?

Personally I think it is SHOCKING management to blame, first the Supporters, and then the Players.

Christie should have a long hard look at what his own job entails.

If he is not up to it then he should leave.