Inverness CT -V- QOS : Matchnight Thread

Scotty

On 3/10/2020 at 9:58 PM, Kingsmills said:

There is no realistic prospect of catching the Arabs but second place gives us a fighting chance of promotion via the play offs and that very competent and professional performance cements our pole position in that regard.

For those still constantly complaining just look at Partick and Falkirk. Both clubs with more fans, more money and healthier player budgets than us yet one look increasingly destined for league One and the other has been stuck there for two seasons now.

We may be frustratingly inconsistent but, given our extremely limited resources including losing valuable players in the January window, we have remained competitive and firmly in contention in the play off places. Credit to the manager, coaches, players and our small but loyal band of fans for that.

Time to stop griping and get fully behind the team for three months or so that could determined our future as a full time team.

Gotta say a wise post my man let's get promoted

Agree entirely with @Robert. We did seem to struggle with the space in behind the left and right full backs and the left / right sided centre backs for a while leading to some testy exchanges but once that settled down and grabbed a couple of goals we were on easy street.

I was worried when I saw Toddy line up in the centre of defence but he was excellent. As one ICT fan said on Twitter it says a lot about Brad McKay when a striker looks more comfortable at CB than he does. Nice free kick from Keatings and his set pieces again were excellent however I thought the midfield three also worked well. Using three from Trafford, Welsh, Carson and Vincent worked well against Livi and did so again the other night. I wonder why we don't employ it against United sometimes (albeit with 4 at the back). Storey was a lot more useful when played through the middle and Harper looked like he had been in the team most of the season. Hope to see more of him.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic