Jump to content

Congratulations on New Club Record


STFU

Recommended Posts

On 7/25/2022 at 6:54 AM, caleyboy said:

Most of what you say is pure speculation, directors investing in club, expected income  from concerts etc etc. If losses are as big as is suggested it is highly unlikely that the directors would take the risk again. The FC directors are responsible for generating income for the company to survive and the two FC directors who took the risk setting up the Concert co should be applauded, on the assumption that it was created solely to generate income for the FC. In my opinion, this should be moved to another area of the site.

I didn't say it in my post but I absolutely agree with you that the Directors who took the risk in setting up the Concert Company should be applauded.  But I don't understand why you disagreed with my post as in your post you seem to be agreeing with what I said.  You say "If losses are as big as is suggested it is highly unlikely that the directors would take the risk again." Again, I agree with you, but the consequence of that is as I stated, that the club would not then benefit from the income streams the Concert Company was set up to provide.  I also don't understand why you say this thread has nothing to do with the club when you yourself acknowledge that the Concert Company was set up to generate income for the Club.  I agree that the original post with its unsubstantiated, speculative claim is not helpful, but topic of the success or otherwise of the concerts is an important one and is very much relevant to the club.

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The concert company had the clubs name on it, was backed by club directors and fronted by the club CEO.  It used club resources for the planning, marketing and promotion of the concerts, sold tickets via the clubs ticketing system and had our commercial & sporting directors running around the city selling tickets and hospitality in the clubs name.  Nothing in any of the promotion gave mention that the football club was a separate, sole beneficiary.  It wouldn't have been seen as a requirement because everything was done to create the perception that people were dealing with the club.  The only organisation ever mentioned as separate beneficiaries on posters etc were the Highland Hospice as the charity partner.

You can't set up an external company to run up debts by taking on the burden of costs while another benefits from the income.  If the decision is taken to liquidate the concert company without settling debts then the club are so intrinsically linked that they could rightly be pursued for it, IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This subject becomes more boring by the minute........... you said this - you agree with that- please give us all a break and get on with the FOOTBALL craic.

  • Agree 1
  • Facepalm 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, STFU said:

You can't set up an external company to run up debts by taking on the burden of costs while another benefits from the income.  If the decision is taken to liquidate the concert company without settling debts then the club are so intrinsically linked that they could rightly be pursued for it, IMO.

There is nothing to stop the sole owners of the concert company - Morrison and Dalgarno - giving their profits to the football club.  There is an awful lot to stop two directors of the football club using its assets to pay off the debts of another, separate company which they happen to own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought sooner or later
The lights up above
Will come down in circles and guide me to love
But I don't know what's right for me
I cannot see straight
I've been here too long and I don't want to wait for it
Fly like a cannonball, straight to my soul
Tear me to pieces
And make me feel whole
I'm willing to fight for it and carry this weight
But with every step
I keep questioning what it's true
Fall on me
With open arms
Fall on me
From where you are
Fall on me
With all your light
With all your light
With all your light
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, STFU said:

The concert company had the clubs name on it, was backed by club directors and fronted by the club CEO.  It used club resources for the planning, marketing and promotion of the concerts, sold tickets via the clubs ticketing system and had our commercial & sporting directors running around the city selling tickets and hospitality in the clubs name.  Nothing in any of the promotion gave mention that the football club was a separate, sole beneficiary.  It wouldn't have been seen as a requirement because everything was done to create the perception that people were dealing with the club.  The only organisation ever mentioned as separate beneficiaries on posters etc were the Highland Hospice as the charity partner.

You can't set up an external company to run up debts by taking on the burden of costs while another benefits from the income.  If the decision is taken to liquidate the concert company without settling debts then the club are so intrinsically linked that they could rightly be pursued for it, IMO.

You were talking nonsense at the start of the thread, and yup, you are still at it...............

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One things for sure the concerts won’t attract new fans to ICT.

All I heard from various work colleagues friends etc that went the facilities were inadequate and the queues horrendous. 
Most commented on the location and they couldn’t understand how a stadium was ever constructed where it was. 

I never heard the exact figures now being branded as losses but that a loss was made maybe the board were too ambitious with the acts secured.

Could they or should they have ran a smaller event to begin with as a trial run?

Jedward? 
 

Dougal
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You have got to wonder what the Duran Duran boys thought all about it?

Hundreds of empty seats in a half constructed stadium along with the waft of turds from the landfill site.

I guess not the most pleasurable of experiences and one they are unlikely to hurry back to in the future.

Dougal


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dougal said:

You have got to wonder what the Duran Duran boys thought all about it?

Hundreds of empty seats in a half constructed stadium along with the waft of turds from the landfill site.

I guess not the most pleasurable of experiences and one they are unlikely to hurry back to in the future.

Dougal


 

What utter utter nonsense. This does kinda make me think you haven't even been to the stadium. Hopefully you will take your last paragraph to heart and follow your own advice. 

  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Now now Huisdean we both know where your loyalties lie , love how guys like you switch allegiances depending on what way the wind blows. 

I’d hazard a guess you’ve seen far more games at Pittodrie than you ever have at the dump but I’m sure you will correct me if I’m wrong

By no means I’m singling you out there are many more on this site that have big teams too I can name a fair number if asked

Come on ye reds lol 😂 

Dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, dougal said:

 

Now now Huisdean we both know where your loyalties lie , love how guys like you switch allegiances depending on what way the wind blows. 

I’d hazard a guess you’ve seen far more games at Pittodrie than you ever have at the dump but I’m sure you will correct me if I’m wrong

By no means I’m singling you out there are many more on this site that have big teams too I can name a fair number if asked

Come on ye reds lol 😂 

Dougal

Oh where have you been Dougal..........hiding under a stone in Dingwall

  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although Dougal may prefer hanging around the jailend he does have a point about the concerts. I heard directly and through social media a huge number of issues, not so much with the location per se but with the logistics, with poor organisation,  horrendous ques and pathetic transport links leaving people (inc pensioners) stranded outside at the stadium after the opera guys concert. None of which really surprises me. 

The concerts were never likely to sell out, even with late 2 for 1 offers with both artists being fairly niche and aimed at the older age group predominantly. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy