FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Accies at Home Feb18th

tm4tj

Absolute crap. Should have been ahead at the break. Shaw helped Accies out to create their first. Second goal our defence seemed to part and leave the ball for Accies to score. Welsh sliced a great opportunity wide from a low cross and Fulton pulled off a great save from a header after a corner. I'm not convinced by the penalty but game was gone by then.

One step forward and four backwards. Worst result of the season.

• Agree 5

Don't recall Ridgers having to do much other than pick the ball out the net. Shaw giving the ball away for them to score at the start of the second half set the tone. Once we were behind Hamilton were always going to be even harder to break down. They are after all fighting relegation. I missed what happened for the second but after that Hamilton could enjoy themselves. Penalty looked a bit soft but the game was done. Duffy lost the ball at the end and Hamilton should have had a fourth; a slightly bizarre scoreline that would have been. It felt like we were forcing it the whole game especially after going behind; that approach ended with no goals and defeat. A rash of subs only confused matters. Hopefully they will learn quick and change the result Tuesday; if they lose 6 points to the bottom team it's not a good look and will make the season finale a tough gig😲 

• Well Said 1

Every week I think to myself, this is rubbish, it can't get any worse than this, and every week ICT manage to do it. I have watched football in Inverness for around 50 years, and I can honestly say that I've never seen such rubbish. Dodds needs to resign if he has any degree of respect left for the club. To be beaten at home by the bottom club is unexceptable. We started well, first 20 minutes I thought if we keep this up we could win this, then we went to our default position, lose the ball cheaply, can't string passes together, defend badly, don't work their keeper and revert to Hoofball. 

I really can't wait for this season to be over. We need a total clear out in all departments, starting with Dodds and his coaches. 

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 1

53 minutes ago, Bobby said:

I would honestly say that is the worst Hamilton team I've ever seen. Our u18s competed better against them and actually created more chances than we did today. I will be amazed if Dodds is still in charge come Monday. Enough is enough 

If he's still in a job come Tuesday then fans NEED to vote with their feet until our incompetent board get it into their thick skulls that this just isn't acceptable!!!!!!!

Dudds, GET OUT MY CLUB NOW 😡😡😡😡!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

Take a bow Jay Henderson never stopped running , looking for the ball and never once hid from his responsibility. The rest were beyond embarrassing, led by the worst management team in our short history.

Change has to come the total disconnect between fans and the club gets bigger each week and is well and truly f*****

• Agree 3

For the first 20 minutes, we looked good, playing to our strengths, getting behind the defence and creating chances. Mckay should have scored and a 2 or 3 goal lead then would have reflected the match to that point. Henderson, Shaw and Allardice were the best in that spell.

I did worry that we’d failed to score during the period we were well on top, and we suddenly stopped playing well, and constantly gave the ball away.

We gifted the first after a wayward pass by Shaw, which seemed to knock his confidence as he’d being doing well until then. The rest is history although I felt the penalty was very soft.

Henderson was the pick for me, and Mckay never stopped trying, at one point even covering left back after Harper lost possession.

What worried me most was that Dodds was most animated in stoppage time when Douglas Ross got a throw in call wrong. The game was gone by then, it didn’t matter, and he has much bigger things he should be focussing on.

3-0 was a harsh score but that’s how it ended. We now need a response on Tuesday, although I think our (promotion) play off chances died this afternoon. 

• Agree 2

For various reasons, I've not been able to get to too many games this season.  After the rave reviews from the cup game last week I was rather looking forward to the game today.  And we started confidently and  brightly with good movement and sharp passing to create chances that should have been put away.  We were sharp off the ball too and won possession back well.  But after 20-25 mins the confidence seemed to ebb away and bit by bit, Hamilton began to come into the game. By half time they were looking much the better side.

A bad error in midfield led to Hamilton taking the lead early in the 2nd half and from then on we seemed to abandon plan A.  This was unfortunate because there didn't seem to be a plan B.  We never looked remotely like getting back on level rems apart from a good header by Devine which produced a magnificent save from Fulton.  With the need for creativity getting more and more urgent, Dodds took off our 2 most creative players and we duly went 2 down.  Penalty or no penalty for number 3?  I don't know or care.  We shouldn't have been in the position for the referee to have to make a decision.  Too many players looked to have given up by then.  The second half was awful, but the really worrying thing for me was the way the players seemed to lose the confidence and the courage to play the way we know they can.  There are no easy teams in this league and if we are to have any chance or reaching the play offs we need to keep the intensity and the courage from the first whistle to the last.  Play like we did in the 2nd half for the rest of the season and it would be hard to see where the few points we need to avoid relegation would come from.

Just a shout out for young Henderson who was the one player always looking for the ball and always looking to do something with it.  His end product wasn't always great, but at least there was an end product.  Shaw made the error that led to the opener, but apart from that he looked to be the player most likely to open up the Hamilton defence.  On the back of the Livi game, we had a decent crowd today.  Sadly many of those who turned up will be reluctant to do so again any time soon.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

I was thinking I am not sure the team was set up right today.Shaw and Henderson seemed to be playing alongside each other on same wing and Harper and D Mackay were on opposite side.I always think Shaw playing out one flank and Henderson way wide on the opposite side pumping balls into Billy is best.Harper and DMackay could have played inside them also on opposite sides. We lacked a cutting edge today same as last home game.We had DMackay one on one with their goalie which came to nothing.Last home game it was Doran one on one with the goalie. Last home game we gave away two goals by silly mistakes today the same.Best hope this season is to beat Killie get Celtic or Rangers in semi,make lots of money and then rebuild the team and change the whole club strategy, vision and mission.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Problem is, any money we make in the cup is being blown by dropping places in the league.

We've also got a shed load of debt all over the city that needs repaid before a penny can be spent on signings.

What I'm saying is, we're broke, and even a cup win isn't going to save our finances.

Edited by STFU
  • Sad 1

Shaw seemed to appear on both sides and this maybe fed into his error. Was it the case against Livi he was on one flank and Henderson on the other with Mackay' s in the middle ? Thought Carson had a good game. Welsh was good and should have stayed on. 

I thought Shaw was in the “no 10” role supporting Mckay but also dropping back to bolster the midfield, with Mackay wide left and Henderson wide right.

Carson and Henderson tried hard to link up and create down the right, but we struggled down the left. Mackay had a great opportunity one on one but his first touch let him down, whilst Harper was one of many who’s passing was poor.

Teams in our league know to press us at goal kicks so we can’t play it out from the back and that when we go long we’ve no height. Early on we were good enough to overcome that, Allardice tending to be the outlet to create space, but then it all went wrong with hoofball or poor distribution.

The only saving grace is that our away form is better than our home form (despite some batterings) and we’ve four away league games coming up.

I just hope we’ve a big enough buffer from the teams below us…..

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The agony of todays result is why we are addicted to this sport. It’s so unpredictable that we get high when  we unexpectedly win well (Livi) and suffer when we fall short (today and more than we wish to admit this season)! 

I believe we were the better team today for 70% of the game but failed where it matters most (putting the ball in the net). Outcome, Hamilton scored and grew in confidence. Second goal killed the match as a contest. 

I’m no fan of BD but I’m not convinced he has to carry all the blame for todays result. Truth is our players failed to deliver (again) when required. 
There was no pressure against Livi  (most hoped we wouldn’t be humiliated), but when we were expected to overcome lowly Hamilton the truth hit home (they couldn’t)! 

We all know scoring goals is the toughest part for all teams. Celtic and Rangers are so endowed that it’s less of a problem for them. When your the likes of ICT and don’t take the opportunities when they come along it influences both sides as the match progresses. We couldn’t handle it and lost our way - Wala 0-3!  Had we scored first I personally feel we could have won the game!

Outwith not scoring and loosing the two first goals, (don’t believe it was a penalty), my gripe from today’s performance was the reluctance to press up the field when we had the ball. Too many took the easy option to play the ball back - a pattern all to familiar for a lot of this season.

I can’t and will not blame the kids if and when they make a mistake, that’s part of the learning and development of their match knowledge and abilities.  So for me today’s shortcomings was down to the experienced players.  Last week it was different and I believe, (and hope) the next match will also prove likewise.

As has been mentioned in numerous notes throughout this forum, we are where we are in ways of money, players, board and manager capabilities and abilities! Our players are the best we can afford or attract to the area. Some will have to move on (age, money or too injury prone) once the season is completed. That’s just the reality we are in!
The fan base is fragile however, and this is where I fear the CEO and board may make the biggest  mistake by taking them again for granted. The current fan base is the core stock, and they are clearly thinning out as they don’t like the direction or what has happened to their club and state of disrepair to the ground over the past few years.

Anyway - whilst no fan of him, for me todays loss is less blame of the manager and more for the players.

just my tuppence worth! 
bc

• Agree 3

Part of Shaw developing as player will be to bounce back quickly. Making a mistake from a position he is unused to playing is quite normal. The curse of passing back 😂 especially when nobody is there 🤔 I agree it did seem to knock him but prior to that he was one of our better performers. Head up and crack on 😃

• Well Said 2

Shaw's attempted pass was wayward but Hamilton picked the ball up in their own half. There was still plenty of time for Devine, Welsh etc to make a decent challenge. 

The turning point was Billy missing a sitter and Daniel inability to control a football when one on one.

• Well Said 1

It's time for Robbo, Gardiner, Dodds, Wilson, Kellacher and Esson to go. All these coaches have been part of the coaching staff under previous managers which haven't gone well either. It's time for change. Fresh ideas and a different direction. Robbo and Gardiner are luxuries we can't justify. 

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

2 hours ago, Gringo said:

McCall is available. :hiding02:

Can all fans who think this way ‘get real’ and wake up.  Irrespective of whether Ian McCall would be any good,  ICT is not an attractive post for a manager - we have no money, can’t attract good players, terrible reputation with ‘burnt’ local businesses (investment), minute, dwindling and disgruntled support, fall guy to a toxic Board! 

Players speak to each other and reputations are made! -
ICT and Inverness (the highlands) is not an attractive proposition for any ‘outside’ aspiring or established player of reasonable ability.  - It’s too far away from the large urban areas. Away from your family and friends the novelty of the A9 and A96 quickly wear off. 

If you have made the move, once you fall out of favour, your playing career is  in stuck in limbo if you have a family, - their is no other team to go to (County - only if you bow to Sir Ian).  Ask Kettlewell! 

Players know ICT ground is a soleless and lonely place with no atmosphere. 

Throw in no money, ICT is just not a good image or option right now! 

Sorry to be blunt, but until we start addressing some of these issues we’re  just treading water. 
bc

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Big cherly said:

Can all fans who think this way ‘get real’ and wake up.  Irrespective of whether Ian McCall would be any good,  ICT is not an attractive post for a manager - we have no money, can’t attract good players, terrible reputation with ‘burnt’ local businesses (investment), minute, dwindling and disgruntled support, fall guy to a toxic Board! 

ICT and Inverness (the highlands) is not an attractive proposition for any ‘outside’ aspiring or established player of reasonable ability.  - It’s too far away from the large urban areas. Away from your family and friends the novelty of the A9 and A96 quickly wear off. 

If you have made the move, once you fall out of favour, your playing career is  in stuck in limbo if you have a family, - their is no other team to go to (County - only if you bow to Sir Ian).  Ask Kettlewell! 

Sorry to be blunt, but until we start addressing some of these issues we’re  just treading water. 
bc

Bingo 👏👏

3 hours ago, Big cherly said:

bc

I’m that depressed reading this I want to move south😀😀. Something has changed over the years this was a good place for a young player to come previously. Look at players like Johnny Hayes Andrew and Graeme Shinnie. Marley Watkins and others. Was a stepping stone up to bigger wages etc. We’ve had loads of players coming up over the years. Something has gone far wrong and I agree with you a major shake up is required but how do you do it. Any Sugar daddy’s on here 😀

• Agree 2

On 2/18/2023 at 9:56 PM, jed5697 said:

Part of Shaw developing as player will be to bounce back quickly. Making a mistake from a position he is unused to playing is quite normal. The curse of passing back 😂 especially when nobody is there 🤔 I agree it did seem to knock him but prior to that he was one of our better performers. Head up and crack on 😃

The issue for me wasn't so much the slack pass it was the fact that Shaw didn't give chase until it was too late.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic