FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for 'Well

Harry Chibber

Dods is an arab and has no rite to be in the team. IF he plays it is an ABSOLUTE disgrace and OFFENSIVE to players and fans.

Caff HAS to play in the middle - and put one of the youngsters in at right back.

MCBain in the centre - feck aff - has to be Rankin - with the Irish laddie on the left.

Are you all going feckin soft ?  :001:

Dods is an arab and has no rite to be in the team. IF he plays it is an ABSOLUTE disgrace and OFFENSIVE to players and fans.

Caff HAS to play in the middle - and put one of the youngsters in at right back.

MCBain in the centre - feck aff - has to be Rankin - with the Irish laddie on the left.

McBain's best position is in the centre :017:

McBain's best position is in the centre :017:

Think he means Rankin should play in the middle instead of McBain with Markus out on the left

Let's hope Dargo is fit for the game as after reading the reports from the reserve match it sounds like Rory's form and confidence have hit rock bottom

Dods will play on Saturday, but he is only 1 yellow away from another suspension, but hopefully he'll last til Ross is back in the team.  I hope Dargs plays as I couldn't stand 90 mins of Rory's huffing and puffing with no results.  I think rory has to go out on loan for a while to regain his confidence and/or work on his fitness.  I can remember when he first came on in a game and he really played well, so I don't know what has happened, but they better work it out fast if he is going to have a future at this level.

' I'd like to see Zander and McAllister given a decent amount of time on the field also... '  :017: :017:

Zander aye... Rory.. he's had so many chances to show us how good he's supposed to be and has flopped, I watched him for the reserves on tuesday and he was gash.

I would like to see Marcus starting on the left, but CC knows best.

I've said it before and I'll say it again,

Bayne was getting the same abuse until this season where he has proved to be an excellent player for the first team.  McAllister is 19  :010: he might have had a poor season but that doesn't mean he can't learn from it, the only way he is going to produce some form is if he is given as much first team football as possible.  I'd rather see him in and around the first team and have a couple of dodgy seasons so when he does find his scoring boots we can enjoy the benefit for years to come.  The only way a club like ICT are going to progress is by producing our own youth players, we should be encouraging it not shooting him down.

Bayne was getting the same abuse until this season where he has proved to be an excellent player for the first team.

When?

McAllister is 19  :010: he might have had a poor season but that doesn't mean he can't learn from it, the only way he is going to produce some form is if he is given as much first team football as possible.  I'd rather see him in and around the first team and have a couple of dodgy seasons so when he does find his scoring boots we can enjoy the benefit for years to come.

Ian Black was what, 19 or 20 when he started getting into the first team. Pretty much right from the off he showed skill and performed well for us. He showed promise. Rory has not shown any kind of promise for us bar one game against Celtic.

He has time on his side but we cannot afford to give him that time while he is playing this poorly. A season out on loan at Peterhead for example might do him some good like it did Robson at Forfar but I don't think Rory has got it. Prunty version 2.0.

The only way a club like ICT are going to progress is by producing our own youth players,

I don't think so. Previously what we have done is take players that have freed by their previous clubs and we seem to give them confidence and get the best out of them e.g. Wyness, Dargo, Dods even if it's just for a short space of time (i.e. a couple of seasons).

Currently our youth system has yielded Grant Munro and Ike?

Bayne was getting the same abuse until this season where he has proved to be an excellent player for the first team.

When?

before the start of the season :023:

McAllister is 19  :010: he might have had a poor season but that doesn't mean he can't learn from it, the only way he is going to produce some form is if he is given as much first team football as possible.  I'd rather see him in and around the first team and have a couple of dodgy seasons so when he does find his scoring boots we can enjoy the benefit for years to come.

Ian Black was what, 19 or 20 when he started getting into the first team. Pretty much right from the off he showed skill and performed well for us. He showed promise. Rory has not shown any kind of promise for us bar one game against Celtic.

He has time on his side but we cannot afford to give him that time while he is playing this poorly. A season out on loan at Peterhead for example might do him some good like it did Robson at Forfar but I don't think Rory has got it. Prunty version 2.0.

This has been Rory's first real season of first team action some players take more time getting their confidence and game together, Black was always going to impress the crowd because he has plenty of tricks and is technically one of the best players in the team not just best out of the out of the group of youngsters we have.  I don't think it's fair to expect instant success with Rory he works extremely hard whenever he gets an oppertunity but just lacks confidence at the moment.  I think he deserves another season and if no improvement after that then consider his options, I would hate to see us get rid of him only for him to find success at another club.

The only way a club like ICT are going to progress is by producing our own youth players,

I don't think so. Previously what we have done is take players that have freed by their previous clubs and we seem to give them confidence and get the best out of them e.g. Wyness, Dargo, Dods even if it's just for a short space of time (i.e. a couple of seasons).

We can't expect to live off other teams left overs forever though, idealy every club must look to produce their own youth players.  If nothing else these players that come through the ranks will show loyalty to the club and create a backbone.  Look at Gerrard an Carragher, Barry backpass at Gers, All the Hibs youngsters, Terry at Chelsea, half the Man U team etc. We need to look to the long term aswell as the immediate future.

Really? I don't recall anyone criticising Bayne before he started playing for us. Don't think they are the same given that the ciriticism of Rory has been based upon some very poor showings whenever he has come on or started. People have actually seen him play poorly as opposed to (allegedly) criticising a player before he has played for the club.

This has been Rory's first real season of first team action some players take more time getting their confidence and game together, Black was always going to impress the crowd because he has plenty of tricks and is technically one of the best players in the team not just best out of the out of the group of youngsters we have.  I don't think it's fair to expect instant success with Rory he works extremely hard whenever he gets an oppertunity but just lacks confidence at the moment.  I think he deserves another season and if no improvement after that then consider his options,

While we can't break into the Top 6 any more we can work our way higher up the league and points mean prizes (well, money). Right now Rory is a passenger for us. I wouldn't want to see him start any games from now till the end of the season. Maybe a wee subs appearence here and there but we need goals and players who will get him. He won't, not at this stage though I would be happy to be proved wrong, and therefore we need forwards on the pitch from the start who will likely get us these goals. This does not include Rory.

As you say yourself he is only 19. He could well develop into something big for us but I don't think he will do so while playing a subs role. A loan deal, perhaps to County in SFL2 might be of use to him to boost his confidence.

I would hate to see us get rid of him only for him to find success at another club.

I can't see you having to worry about that.

We can't expect to live off other teams left overs forever though, idealy every club must look to produce their own youth players.  If nothing else these players that come through the ranks will show loyalty to the club and create a backbone.  Look at Gerrard an Carragher, Barry backpass at Gers, All the Hibs youngsters, Terry at Chelsea, half the Man U team etc. We need to look to the long term aswell as the immediate future.

Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson have shown a lot of loyalty to Hibs haven't they? Gerrard and Carragher are the only players in this Liverpool team to "come through the ranks", same with Terry at Chelsea and Ferguson at Rangers though you could include Smith and Hutton ( :015:) if you wanted. The current Man United team has only a couple of players that have been nurtured through from their teens (or younger).

We might get one or two good players coming through, like Munro and Fraser (?), over the years to come but we won't be producing young talent in bulk as people seem to think. We might pick it up after they have been freed by other clubs e.g. Black and then sell them on however.

Team news from BBC

Inverness are without suspended trio Barry Wilson, Ross Tokely and Ian Black for the visit of Motherwell.

However, captain Darren Dods returns from a one-game ban which saw him miss Caley Thistle's 1-1 draw with Falkirk a fortnight ago.

Motherwell striker Scott McDonald is set to return after being dropped for the visit to Celtic - the club he will be joining in the summer.

Jim Paterson and Paul Keegan are still sidelined with injuries

I read on the motherwell site that McDonald was a major doubt for the game, but trained today so should be fit. Whether Malpas plays him or not is a different story...

Really? I don't recall anyone criticising Bayne before he started playing for us. Don't think they are the same given that the ciriticism of Rory has been based upon some very poor showings whenever he has come on or started. People have actually seen him play poorly as opposed to (allegedly) criticising a player before he has played for the club.

I said before this season, not before he played for us. 

This has been Rory's first real season of first team action some players take more time getting their confidence and game together, Black was always going to impress the crowd because he has plenty of tricks and is technically one of the best players in the team not just best out of the out of the group of youngsters we have.  I don't think it's fair to expect instant success with Rory he works extremely hard whenever he gets an oppertunity but just lacks confidence at the moment.  I think he deserves another season and if no improvement after that then consider his options,

While we can't break into the Top 6 any more we can work our way higher up the league and points mean prizes (well, money). Right now Rory is a passenger for us. I wouldn't want to see him start any games from now till the end of the season. Maybe a wee subs appearence here and there but we need goals and players who will get him. He won't, not at this stage though I would be happy to be proved wrong, and therefore we need forwards on the pitch from the start who will likely get us these goals. This does not include Rory.

As you say yourself he is only 19. He could well develop into something big for us but I don't think he will do so while playing a subs role. A loan deal, perhaps to County in SFL2 might be of use to him to boost his confidence.

It's a possibility but with the U21 rule we need experience youth players (you know what I mean) who can sit on the bench and get a game whenever possible.

I would hate to see us get rid of him only for him to find success at another club.

I can't see you having to worry about that.

he could have another 20 years in the game, any player can be shaped into a decent professional over that time. 

Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson have shown a lot of loyalty to Hibs haven't they? Gerrard and Carragher are the only players in this Liverpool team to "come through the ranks", same with Terry at Chelsea and Ferguson at Rangers though you could include Smith and Hutton ( :015:) if you wanted. The current Man United team has only a couple of players that have been nurtured through from their teens (or younger).

We might get one or two good players coming through, like Munro and Fraser (?), over the years to come but we won't be producing young talent in bulk as people seem to think. We might pick it up after they have been freed by other clubs e.g. Black and then sell them on however.

If we produced a Gerrard, Terry, Ferguson then the youth is definitely where we should be looking.  As for Brown and Thompson, after giving the club 3 years and then figues like 4-6 mil are being banded about regarding Brown then he will have more than contributed to his club.  Youth is definitely the way forward, everything else you have said is debatable but on this you are wrong.

I said before this season, not before he played for us.

Right, I'm with you now. I misread your initial post. The only criticism I can mind of Bayne from one poster who said he wouldn't score more than 3 goals this season  :015: 

It's a possibility but with the U21 rule we need experience youth players (you know what I mean) who can sit on the bench and get a game whenever possible.

Possible but experience doesn't equate to good. I call this the Gary McSwegan rule.

he could have another 20 years in the game, any player can be shaped into a decent professional over that time.

Again possible but I think highly unlikely in his case. As I've said before Prunty Mk II. 

If we produced a Gerrard, Terry, Ferguson then the youth is definitely where we should be looking.

In theory you could say we have done. Munro, for example, is our Carragher.

As for Brown and Thompson, after giving the club 3 years and then figues like 4-6 mil are being banded about regarding Brown then he will have more than contributed to his club.

If Brown is worth £6 million I will eat my own feet. Considering Arsenal got Rosicky for £7 million there is no way that Brown is worth that much nor will anyone pay that for him. Hibs will be lucky if they get £3 million for him.

Youth is definitely the way forward, everything else you have said is debatable but on this you are wrong.

What am I wrong about? I've certainly not said that youth is not the way forward if that's what you are getting at.

What I am saying is that it might very well will be but it won't necessarily be the fruit of our own youth programmes that we see filling up the team sheet which is no problem for me if it means more Browns and Blacks playing for ICT in the future. That can only be a good thing.

However this will need to be supplemented with slightly more experienced players also likely to have been picked up after other teams have released them.

Youth is definitely the way forward, everything else you have said is debatable but on this you are wrong.

What am I wrong about? I've certainly not said that youth is not the way forward if that's what you are getting at.

What I am saying is that it might very well will be but it won't necessarily be the fruit of our own youth programmes that we see filling up the team sheet which is no problem for me if it means more Browns and Blacks playing for ICT in the future. That can only be a good thing.

However this will need to be supplemented with slightly more experienced players also likely to have been picked up after other teams have released them.

I'm confused :017:

You don't think it's necessary or you do?

I'm confused :017:

You don't think it's necessary or you do?

It's pretty straight forward really. Read the rest of the paragraph instead of picking out one sentence that looks like it might contradict what I said earlier and that should clear things up:

What I am getting at is that yes - there will be some element of youth at ICT in the future but it won't necessarily all be youth players from our own system coming through. I would expect more youth players from other clubs that have been freed given a chance with us, like Ian Black for example, and they will form most of our "youth" for the coming years.

You however seem to think that producing our own youth players is the only way we will progress. I disagree hence the "I don't think so." part of my post. It might be one way we will progress as a club but it certainly will not be the only way.

In a nutshell - I don't think producing our own youth players is the only way forward for this club. I think it is simply part of the way forward along with the methods we have already employed in the past i.e. signing experienced pros and youngsters released from other clubs.

The major way forward for us will be improving the scouting network to cast our net wider in the search for new players and also strengthening links with our feeder team  :003: