FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Queens Park - Feb 3rd 2024

tm4tj

Six Pointers Already

Callum Davidson brings his new charges North for what might be considered a six-pointer already at this stage of the season with both teams desperate for points to clamber away from bottom spot in the table, currently held by Arbroath. January sales have brought new faces in and old faces out. The latest ins being Aribusitamunoipirim Emmanuel Pepple & Sean McAllister and the latest outs being David Carson, Jake Davidson and Robbie Thompson. Queens Park have added Danny Wilson, not the band but the former Liverpool, Hearts and Rangers defender to their squad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Match/Ticket Info

Sean McAllister In

David Carson Out

Aribim Pepple In

Jake Davidson Out

Shake it all About (Robbie Thompson)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last 7 Competitive Meetings
win.png
4 - 1
(A)
loss.png
1 - 2
(H)
loss.png
1 - 2
(A)
loss.png
0 - 2
(H)
draw.png
0 - 0
(H)
loss.png
1 - 2
(A)
draw.png
1 - 1
(H)

Over the last couple of seasons Queens Park had the beating of us during the Doddsball era. However, we had a tremendous away win at Hampden Park last time out, our first since Queens Park were promoted into the Championship in season 22/23. FULL TIME: 4 - 1  Happy Days! Our biggest win of the season, first goal for Ujdur with Anderson, Spoony and Mckay all hitting the back of the net. All this with Ferguson sent to the stands at half time. Plenty room for him there in an empty National Stadium. Inverness move up to sixth in the table and we play Morton  at Cappielow on Tuesday night where a win would see us jump another place to fifth. (never happened meh!)

Indifferent results from Inverness over the last five, but the two wins were well deserved away wins at Somerset Park and Starks park, scoring three goals on each occasion. Alex Samuel was the hero last weekend against Raith Rovers with a first half hat-trick. In between those two wins we snatched defeat from the jaws of a draw at home against Dundee United when a late goal ruined our TV night. We also progressed to the fifth round of the Scottish Cup after beating Broomhill 4-0. We now face Hibernian at home in the next round.

Eat yer heart out Derek!

Inverness CT Last Five Championship Games: 

Callum Davidson is the new manager of Queens Park and in his first game in charge he saw his new side beat Raith Rovers 2-1. On BBC Sport, Davidson said: "Really pleased with the character. They reacted really well, the heads could've gone down. We got back into the game with a fantastic goal by Cammy. Delighted for him. Sean (Welsh) was a real calming influence. It's a great start and it's just three points for us. I'll hopefully try and get a couple more players in." He was undone in his next game as another new manager, Scott Brown saw his Ayr United beat Queens Park 2-1 with Sean Welsh being sent off. The other win over the last five was a 2-1 win over Dunfermline on the 5th of January.

Queens Park Last Five Championship Games: W

image.pngimage.png

Latest Team News

Inverness made a host of defensive signings in the sales bringing in James Carragher, Callum Kerr, Remi Savage and Jeremiah Chilokoa-Mullen. All four have had some game time since joining but the most effective newbie so far has been the loan signing of striker Alex Samuel from the quaint market town of Dingwall. Big outs were Sean Welsh to Queens Park and David Wotherspoon to Dundee United. Zak Delaney is now on the injured list at Arbroath. Add David Carson to the out list: Sold to Livingston and Robbie Thompson on loan to Spartans. Here's one for you, the longest name ever to sign on at the Caledonian Stadium: I give you Aribusitamunoipirim Emmanuel "Aribim" Pepple. Quite the transfer window that we have been involved in. That's around 50 players that have been in or around our squad this season. I couldn't even hazard a guess at our team selection for tomorrow, apart from maybe Mark Ridgers will take the gloves.

Awaiting team news. I doubt if Ferguson even knows the players names.

Queens Park have a new manager and a new goal scoring midfield maestro in Sean Welsh, when he is not injured. However, he is suspended after his red card last week against Ayr United 🤣. A couple of loan players in, Mackenzie Carse, midfielder (Celtic) and James Crole, forward (Cardiff City). Callum Haspell has joined from Rothes. A big miss will be Barry Hepburn who has returned to Bayern Munich. Ruari Paton is way out on his own as top scorer with 15 goals. Former Liverpool, Hearts and Rangers defender Danny Wilson is a late transfer signing for QP.

Team v Ayr United last week
Ferrie

Bannon   Thomson   Robson

Mauchin (McPherson 83)   Welsh   Turner (Spong 71)   Bruce (McKinstry 72)

Longridge (Carse 71)   Paton   Thomas

Subs Not Used: McKenna; Jarrett, Reid, Williamson, Tizzard
  • Like 2
  • Thank You 2

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

CCMeeting.jpegRegister Here  Registration is not compulsory but it does help us gauge numbers

We look forward to seeing a good turn out on Saturday 3rd February at the ICT Social Club on Greig Street. There will be food availalable and a return bus to the stadium leaving at 2.30.

We are delighted to confirm that once again we will be joined by Scott Young, Director ICT who will do what he can to answer questions or come back with any other queries.

If you are unable to attend then please drop us an email with any concerns and we will raise them on your behalf info@ictsupporterstrust.org

Please spread the word and pop down if you can.

• Thank You 1

Big game tomorrow. With Arbroath idle, a win puts us 7 ahead of Queens Park and 8 ahead of Arbroath, although both will have a game in hand.

If we win, we will overtake Ayr and / or Dunfermline if they fail to win.

Goodness knows how we will line up, but Samuel and Mckay both need to start up front.

Ferguson has really shaken the squad up and has not been afraid to make big decisions (eg Welsh and Carson). Hopefully the newbies are better than those who have gone and we start to put a strong run together.

I’m looking forward to the game, but just hope the wind drops and doesn’t make the game a lottery. 

• Like 2

I expect QP to be negative as all Davidson teams are. Another game of the visitors sitting deep but hopefully now we have some creativity to break them down. Can't see is getting many as I doubt QP will open up even if behind, but after the RR result we should have some confidence among the squad and new guys.

• Agree 1

So many new faces in the side. I just hope they settle quickly and we reap the rewards of the transfer window. I'm hoping for a win of course but not over confident. 

• Like 1

Last week at raith, Ridgers used the long ball quite a lot aiming for Samuel. Worked well due to his strength bossing the defenders. Dunc said in interview he was unplayable.

not sure about that tactic for today as forecast from 15.00 is 18 to 20 mph winds gusting to 40 mph (XC weather )

Hoping for a repeat performance from the Welsh haaland. Last week with his back to the defender he was like a one man Irish scrum, taking the ball in or back peddling to cause defender to play poor defensive headers. 

gone are the days when we pumped a high ball up to billy which resulted in a easy header for the defender. ( not Billy’s fault )

• Agree 1

I suppose we have to accept its a new half team and a number of players have never played together.

It's simple I suppose put the ball in the net to have any chance and if you cannot do that don't give away a goal.

First half we  had so many chances but tried to score the perfect goal.Queens first shot on target and they score.You couldn't  make it up.

Not despondent as Savage looked good,as did McAllister and Kerr.

Samuel holds the ball up well and has show  he can score,so sometimes we have to take a sore one,whilst we regroup and build a new.

Next week will be the test and a time to show what we can do.

Some of these boys met only two days ago so it is far to early to be overly critical.I didn't read much criticism last week when we beat second in the league,or when we were pipped by the top team before that. 

Why not give the team time to gel and get to know each other before slaughtering them.

If we were to somehow beat Hibs next week will all those down on the team still be doom and gloom.

We are far better than we were at the start of the season that's for sure and I'd  have big Dunc anyday before the previous incumbent. 

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Controversial and early days but I'm not convinced some of these guys are going to be better than Carson or Welsh. Although others have improved positions. However I do expect given how deep visiting teams set up against us we will get more success away from home.

• Like 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic