Investment

1 hour ago, dougiedanger said:

what that really means is some rich person throwing a part of their fortune at the club, never to see it again. Investment is not the word, more like donation.

The floating charge that Ross has doesn't exactly chime with 'never to see it again' - if he, and the other directors with loan accounts, do a John Boyle - then it's a donation and they join the hall of fame alongside Tullochs etc..  If not, it's very much an investment, and could still be a good one for them.

Too early to tell which way they will pivot, but it'll be the second thing on the insolvency practitioners' mind, after season ticket money.

21 hours ago, MrCaleyjag said:

@bigterrybutcher first of all welcome. 

Must have been some task reading through everything posted over the last two weeks in such a short space of time and gauging fellow fans thoughts.

Just out of curiosity, how much do you feel in actual £s, as you put it, do you feel is a reasonable amount for each fan to put in?

I only ask as most fans probably can't afford the sums needed and if buying a season ticket and say a first team strip isn't enough, where does it stop? If I'm buying both the above then I reckon the £350-£450 it would cost is quite an undertake for a normal fan. I for one could afford it, if I wanted to, but there's an awful lot that would feel it's a lot and couldn't.

My point being, that every extra £ put into the club by any fan, is a £ that the club wouldn't already have and is very welcomed. Everything counts.

Fans are well entitled to voice their opinion and speak out, it doesn't mean it signs them into a contract to spend money. Everyone is well within their right to step back and wait to see what happens in the very near future before spending anything especially having seen what the club has done in the past with the money fans have put into the club in one form or other.

I fully understand,I have been looking at the forum for a while before registering an account .. some forums are nonsense and not worthwhile so certainly I have seen some comments on various posts across the year .

To your point about what amount .. that will be dictated by what the club needs to go forward , I appreciate that everyone has a threshold in terms of what they can put in . I am not saying people should be putting themselves into debt to help the club . My point was that the season ticket money and merch money only kicks the can down the road and buys some time,the club needs its fans , for example how many fans went to the cup final last year ? 8k maybe if half of that commits £50 that's 200k .. there is ways to raise money from the fans . There needs to be a sustainable business model which will ensure that there is a club to support going forward and the fans have a massive part to play here.  As I said before the fans wanted dodds sacked it happened the fans wanted robbo gone it happened the fans wanted Kelty move reversed it happened the fans wanted morrison out it happened the fans wanted Gardiner gone it's in the process .. time for the fans to back the club here and it needs to sustainable investment outwith season tickets .. either that or more than 1000 folk need to buy season tickets . The attendance figures attending matches is very poor and has been since relegation from spl . Yes the product on the park isn't great but that's what it is with the resources the clubs got . Time to back the club 

• Agree 3

Maybe a couple of the 777 Partners who backed out of buying Everton this week might stick a few £K behind us! Maybe that’s what DF is currently up to. After all his instructions from Ross Morrison were indeed to go and find any backers/ players/ Help!

• Thoughtful 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, GaliantGrunt said:

Maybe a couple of the 777 Partners who backed out of buying Everton this week might stick a few £K behind us! Maybe that’s what DF is currently up to. After all his instructions from Ross Morrison were indeed to go and find any backers/ players/ Help!

Yeah they sound great.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/777_Partners#Controversy

777 Partners have been sued by multiple organizations for unpaid debts and contract breaches with lawsuits describing their financial practices as a "house of cards" and a "sprawling fraudulent enterprise".

Edited by ictchris
  • Funny 2

7 hours ago, BornCaley said:

Anybody know Karen Gillian? I'm sure i read she was a supporter. We could so with a few bob from her.

Closer to home, there is a multi-millionaire who has close connections to the club and owes his success to it. Not saying that he has a duty to step in and help, but it would be much appreciated if he did!

• Well Said 2

3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Closer to home, there is a multi-millionaire who has close connections to the club and owes his success to it. Not saying that he has a duty to step in and help, but it would be much appreciated if he did!

Harry Gow?

• Funny 6

On 6/10/2024 at 10:47 PM, bishbashbosh said:

If he stopped covering the doughnuts with hundreds and thousands he could give them to the club.

There's certainly enough doughnuts at the club but I wouldn't necessarily trust throwing hundreds and thousands at them 🤪

We're crumbling quicker than an empire biscuit 

• Funny 4