FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Today's stewarding.

Flower

The Uefa rules only apply to European games. In Germany many of the top teams, even Byern's new stadium, has terracing areas which are either transformed into seating for European matches or not used. So there is no reason whatsoever that we cant have terracing if they have it in Germany's top league

I think that might even be only for International matches.

Need to read this properly though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_Iduna_Park

I read recently that Germany has the highest average attendance in the world for it's league games - could a combination of beer and standing areas be key to this?  :015:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

caley4life,

A bradford fire shouldn't happen again, not in stadiums today. that happend because the stand at Valley Parade was a wooden stand which had holes in-between the steps from which a lit discarded cigarette dropped by a fan went through and fell onto rubbish underneath the stand that had gathered over the years and from that enlarged into the disaster it was.

It was a freak accident, even though as far as I'm aware nobody has stepped forward as responsible for it, they may even have died that day, but the days of wooden stands are coming to an end at all levels from premier league to lower levels and most certainly smoking in them is ended unless they have a concrete flooring.

The old Falkirk ground Brockville was probably the last one of these stadiums with its main stand and I for one am sure like most are glad they have moved to the new Falkirk Stadium so there is no repeat performance as Brockville was an accident waiting to happen.

ye ok fair point there. but then could we not argue that hillsborough tragedy was due to police mistakes, barriers and people without tickets gettin in. it was not the fault of terracing.

The Uefa rules only apply to European games. In Germany many of the top teams, even Byern's new stadium, has terracing areas which are either transformed into seating for European matches or not used. So there is no reason whatsoever that we cant have terracing if they have it in Germany's top league

I think that might even be only for International matches.

Need to read this properly though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_Iduna_Park

I read recently that Germany has the highest average attendance in the world for it's league games - could a combination of beer and standing areas be key to this?  :015:

Once we get terracing back beer should be the next step! Was at the Germany v Scotland game in Dortmund few years back and they sold pints of beer in plastic cups.  :021: Also went to another game that sold plastic bottles of beer, much better for when your singing

Guest SPL_Jaggie

I was in section A on Saturday and stood for long periods of time but when asked to sit, I did.

When the rain was at it's heaviest we were all standing watching the stewards sheltering in the stand and leaving us alone. The reason for standing during the heavy rain was that the seats have no drainage, my a**e was soaked. If we have to sit in this area please drill some holes in the seats or a roof would be better.

IMO in the first half there were more people in the back 2-3 rows than there were seats but when asked to sit down some people moved and most sat down. The problem arose when supporters in Section A complained to the officials that there were people other parts of the ground (not just the southstand) standing. We were told that the other areas were "not my responsibility". Surly they have a responsibility to share information about ground saftey.

We felt victimised and some people chose to take a stand (no pun intended) and got thrown out for there troubles.

I hope this issue can be resolved quickly, otherwise I fear that we will have even less atmosphere than in previous seasons.

More than a handful standing in the south stand

Good photo there me. Didn't realise it was that many standing up actually.

Flower - for those unable to get a hold of the Courier can you tell us what is on the front page?

This whole situation is proof positive that the club are more interested in the Fat Cats in Hospitality than the ordinary fan who supports the club at great expense and in all weathers!

BTW how often have you recognised the faces of known die-hard OF fans in the photo gallery of our (otherwise excellent) match day programme being entertained by sponsors? Let them have their hospitality by all means – we need to make cash from every possible source – but I would rather see photos of the ordinary, genuine, faithful ICT fan who supports the team through thick and thin.

Inspector Cox said "fans were repeatedly warned not to stand during the match as it posed a public safety issue"

Feck knows what jumping around cheering a goal must pose then  :rotflmao:

How about the dangers of carrying tea from the snackbar whilst WALKING to back to the seats  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao: must they be shutdown aswell to prevent that!  :024:

How about the Police and Stewards who stand for the whole game, are they not posing a "public safety issue"  :024:

That quote by the inspector is complete tosh :018: Cox by name Cox by.......... :023:

Might have been covered elsewhere but I heard talk of one lad who attempted to complain about his treatment by the stewards only to be told by staff at the reception to "Go home!". Nice and helpful then.

Might have been covered elsewhere but I heard talk of one lad who attempted to complain about his treatment by the stewards only to be told by staff at the reception to "Go home!". Nice and helpful then.

yep nice and helpful RiG but we also need to accept that some of the staff on the reception too a fair amount of abuse on Saturday which is not necessary - it's not their fault.  folk should also be aware that some of these calls were recorded.  i'm not pointing any fingers here and know that emotions were high but things aren't always as black and white as they seem....

at the end of the day there are ways and ways to complain and to be heard...

Well done all those of us who sat / stood in the torrential rain and sang and cheered for our team. HMS Sneck commendations for those "ringleaders" who got thrown out for doing nothing more than bringing atmosphere to a home game,

FFS I've been quoted by the BBC!!!! I thought it sounded familiar when they read it out on Newsdrive.....  :003:

Guest theflamehaired1

Just saw the courier.

It's funny how they play down the fact stewards were a disgrace.

:008: :018:

But good, and ultimately more important for the club, that the singing section was looked on as a good idea.

:021:

And I saw my hair! :hairy02:

Just saw the courier.

It's funny how they play down the fact stewards were a disgrace.

:008: :018:

But good, and ultimately more important for the club, that the singing section was looked on as a good idea.

:021:

And I saw my hair! :hairy02:

dude its hard to miss ur haircut