FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

THE MISSING POINT

ralph milne

Boys and girls, young and old over the last few days there have been hundreds of posts, lots of rubbish written about many things, particularly the so called candidates, lots of good points too however the one point that has not been mentioned is that the PLAYERS want Craig Brewster back and that is one BIG reason why he will be the new manager !!!

the one point that has not been mentioned is that the PLAYERS want Craig Brewster back and that is one BIG reason why he will be the new manager !!!

I disagree, sorry but the board if they are to be professional about looking at who's best for this job have to take a serious look at who is the future of the club here ? The players or The Fans.

If the Players don't like who the new manager is or don't get who they want, they can very easily ask for a transfer and go play for another club and there is always a footballer out their willing to take their place (whether from youth or transfer).

Being a football player at a football club is not a social get together for friends and old friends, we are a professional premier league club not friends reunited, it is a Job. If the players want Craig Brewster they keep in contact via Text/Phone or Email and Regular Meetings, Did Craig Brewster want these players to follow him to Dundee United ? No........Well maybe 2 or 3.

The fans are the future of the club, The fans vote (last i saw was over 60% in favour if Warnock) therefore in this case I think the fans who will be following the club for hopefully the rest of their life's opinions count more than a player who like Mark Brown, Barry Robson, Bobby Mann and even the man Craig Brewster himself in the past were quite happy to walk away when a better offer come along.

What is stopping Brewster if he does manage a miracle to turn his management career around shafting us again should Dundee United also wish to take a 2ND chance on him in the future ?  

Warnock yes could go and also shaft us but I'm thinking the fans would rather take that chance than with a man who has previously shown the fans of the club the respect of $hitting on us.

I remember the players being really unhappy under Brewster, heard one of them bitching about him with my own ears so I cant see him being the players choice to come back!

Mr Wyness, i think you are missing the point i am trying to get over. FACT Craig Brewster is not all pals with all the players, the reason why they want him back is not for a soft touch either ( as Barry Wilson should know, he'd probably be plying his trade in the lower divisions if it wasn't for the shake up he got when Brewster arrived the first time ), it is because they have respect for the man and what he has achieved in the game and what he would like to achieve with the ICT players.

Also, would anybody on here given a chance to treble their wages and manage the team who you had  great success with previously not take that opportunity ?  It surely does not mean that it should be held against him forever.

P.S. Do you think Warnock would have 60% if Arsene Wenger had thrown his name in the ring ?

What about our daft number of midfielders?

Under Brew we played two ranks of four defenders, apparently under orders to hoof the ball up to him or Bayne then run like ****. I'm sure Black, Cowie, Hart, Rankin, Sutherland, Wilson and any other attack-minded midfielder (the name Juanjo suddenly springs to mind) would be feckin' delighted to see the ball soaring over their heads under such a boring, stilted, dour, unattractive 'system' and watching the gaffer scratching his chin and looking worried because it HASN'T BLOODY WORKED.

If they're bothered about someone improving their fitness they can get a personal trainer, and if they want someone to respect they should call their bloody fathers, who probably don't say 'um' anywhere near as much or bang on about loyalty and then feck off two months later. Grumble grumble grumble. And where is TM4TJ's animated GIF when you really need it?  :014:

Nope but Arsene aint put his name foreward so he aint an option. your point being that fans are voting on who they see as being a better manager since wenger is regarded by most as better than manager than warnock so would get more votes. so we should go for a guy cos the players like him and not choose the better manager?

how do you know he is the players choice? would imagine the players all have a different view on the matter. Brewster was popular among the players at the club before but that doesn't make him a good manager.

I get on with my boss but doesn't mean he is the best at his job!

The man who will do the best job / be the best manager is the one who can get the players we have to gel as a team and to play good football. Whoever it may be.

And the 2007 award for stating the bleedin' obvious goes to...

<running>  :003:

Also, would anybody on here given a chance to treble their wages and manage the team who you had  great success with previously not take that opportunity ?  It surely does not mean that it should be held against him forever.

P.S. Do you think Warnock would have 60% if Arsene Wenger had thrown his name in the ring ?

Maybe not held against him forever, but it is far too soon and still sticks a bad taste in the mouth at the moment when thinking about the way Brewster did it. He has already shown his loyalty is next to nothing why should we risk the chance a 2nd time with him. If we gave him a 2nd chance I'm thinking a club he's more popular with would have no problem doing it. And as you say "given a chance to treble their wages and manage the team who you had great success with previously" it gives great strength to the possibility of him doing it again to us, let another club take that chance and I'm sure if he is the manager those who like him say he is, then he will have no problem finding a job elsewhere.

P.S. Arsene Wenger hasn't had his name thrown into the hat nor is ever likely to, Its a none starter, at least come up with somebody who is experienced and HAS had their name thrown in if you want to discuss the 60% issue because the Wenger comparing isn't worth the bread its buttered on  :003:

Guest caley till AYE die

Suerly new blood with lots of experience South of the Border is exactly what we need. Its never a good idea to go back :sillywave:

Guest TelfordStLampPost

I do not get why so many people on here seem to be keen on having Colin for the next manager.  His style of management is to irate as many people as possible which would hardly be a good thing for the club.  It took him 12 years to get Sheffield United promoted to the Premiership.  He is seems to have a great fondness of buying old, crap players & defenders in particular & then selling on again the next season.  I hope to god he is not chosen for the job.

Guest TelfordStLampPost

It's how Neil Warnock is know down here.  Well maybe not by Sheff Utd fans.  Take Colin away from his name & see what you're left with.

I do not get why so many people on here seem to be keen on having Colin for the next manager.  His style of management is to irate as many people as possible which would hardly be a good thing for the club.  It took him 12 years to get Sheffield United promoted to the Premiership.  He is seems to have a great fondness of buying old, crap players & defenders in particular & then selling on again the next season.  I hope to god he is not chosen for the job.

It is not surprising that a lamppost is more intelligent than Johnboy.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I aint joined in the debate about Colin but it feels like a "smokescreen" to me. Colin would simply not fit in to the scheme of things and his brashness would cause major disruption to the powers to be. But listing him and the unaffordable and unavailable Coyle is another master stroke to hide the fact that Brew is waiting impatienetly to move into his reserved position.