FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

McCaffrey or McGuire

ekjules

McGuire gets stuck in, most important quality in a defender when under pressure, I'd have him in ahead of Caff.

How about them both ahead of Munro?

interesting suggestion, grant hasnt regained his form of last season, been caught out quite a few times and given away a couple of pens, i think dropping him would do more harm than good though, out of caff and mcguire i'd be inclined to go with mcguire but would like to see watt  given a chance

Thought McGuire did a really sound job of being in the right place at the right time today. Doesn't do anything spectacular but doesn't need to. Stops them from having the time to get a shot off as he is always there. He seems more in tune with Granty to. Half the prob with Caff is that he and Granty were getting pulled apart and leaving huge gaps.

McGuire for me- he is no Doddsy but solid and OK for this level.

The body language of Grant and Tokely is much better with McGuire than Caff (they obviously trust him much more).

Caff definitely is not the answer and I am not convinced McGuire is either. It is early days for him in the defensive unit. I still think we need someone with a greater physical presence - Nothing can happen on this front until Jan anyway (unless Watt gets fit at least).

on this seasons form, would go with mcguire. caff definately does have the ability, however he is essentially coming in as a dods replacement and dont think thats him at all. its not mcguire either but think if caff was playing alongside dods in defence then we'd all be raving about him, but without dods or a dods type which we will still have to buy, he doesn't seem comfortable in the back four we put out, so i guess he's somewhat the fall guy for our short sightedness in getting a bloody central defender in