FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The ref was not biased........

Tree

---just simply incompetent :029:

Yet again another set of baffling decisions including booking Barry for winning the ball.

What do we have to do to find a ref who is consistent in applying the rules. Even some of the decisions he gave us were somewhat dubious.

Likewise, when will Russell Duncan learn to keep his trap shut.  He was mouthing off, after being booked, and Mr Tumilty looked like he was going to show another card.

Some players never learn, Russell's cards are mostly always for dissent, but surely this is a case for Craig Brewster to clamp down on unnecessary yellow cards before the team end up with 10 men on the field.

A case in point is Ian Black who seems to have matured greatly - he must be black and blue with the treatment he got today but he just got on with the game - changed days to previous seasons, so, if Ian can learn not to retaliate, so can Russell Duncan learn to shut up.

One thing I've discovered about Tumilty- he's very strict and doesn't seem to want any banter a la Willie Young. He's the guy who sent off Blackie at Falkirk (mind you so would anybody else).

I think he's got the makings of a decent ref though- he's still pretty young.

BTW Tumilty was the same ref who was in charge when we beat DUFC with a Dargo goal right at the death. I met him that night at a birthday party, that's how I remember it. So if we get a late goal every time he gets us, he's welcome  :022:

Trying to visualise a "fish with tits" - but can't stop laughing long enough! 

Great phrase, Caleyonup, even better than usual chocolate teapot, ashtray on motorbike, etc.  Well done.

Some players never learn, Russell's cards are mostly always for dissent, but surely this is a case for Craig Brewster to clamp down on unnecessary yellow cards before the team end up with 10 men on the field.

I disagree. You need to be working the ref for 90 minutes - just look at Man Utd. If you make a meal out of every decision that goes against you, eventually he'll feel pressure to even things out. If someones going to have to take a booking or a suspention every now and then, it might as well be Russel.

The ref had a not bad game, and gave us the benfit of the doubt, at least early on.  A bit card shy for the treatment that Blackie was getting though. And yes, Russell does need to shut it, this is quite a new phenomenon. There is a difference between a wee bit of whinging and a continual nagging. If the ref feels cornered he is going to react, unfavourably.