FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rugby World Cup

I should have made it a bit clearer, what i meant was they are shyte to watch! Character and determination alone do not add up to entertaining rugby.

I am hoping for a good, entertaining game on saturday, and may the best to watch team win. :016:

Guest Spectre

What makes 'entertaining' rugby though?

NZ v Italy.  Italy don't turn up.  Try fest, 2+ points a minute until NZ got bored scoring.  Boring, switched off.

England v USA.  Shocking performance from England, ponderous unimaginative, embarrassing.  Switched off.

England v France.  Never more than a single score in it, edge of seat for 90 mins.  Match turned by Jonny's tackle(!) not his boot.

and for that matter, Scotland v Italy even though all your points from Patti's boot ("Is that all you've got!")

What makes 'entertaining' rugby though?

NZ v Italy.  Italy don't turn up.  Try fest, 2+ points a minute until NZ got bored scoring.  Boring, switched off.

England v USA.  Shocking performance from England, ponderous unimaginative, embarrassing.  Switched off.

England v France.  Never more than a single score in it, edge of seat for 90 mins.  Match turned by Jonny's tackle(!) not his boot.

and for that matter, Scotland v Italy even though all your points from Patti's boot ("Is that all you've got!")

When both teams play attractive, attacking rugby  :017:

E.g. Samoa Vs Tonga, South Africa Vs Fiji, France Vs Ireland (well France played attractive rugby, Michalaks kick to set up the try of the tournament)

Yes, we have been, though not quite as shyte as you.

But more shyte than a nation of 50 million and 1900 clubs has any right to be (as against a nation of 5 million and 200 clubs  :023:)

Given that the Pumas have just whupped the French 34-10, interesting to see what might have happened given a different draw....

:015: :015: :015:

Well i'm happy, the best team won the tournament, England tried but were not good enough, lets face it just by getting to the final they exceeded all expectations.

Off for more beer...

Guest Glen Mhor

I'm pleased that the best team won. Also pleased because we won't have to suffer Ian Robertson's commentaries on 5 live for the next four years.

:016:

Guest Spectre

"were (sic) are all the england fans today"

Thinking that some people should get out more.

Congratulating the Saffers on a deserved win

Taking pride in the effort of our team