FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Michael Fraser

davieB

Michael Fraser is an extremely talented young goalkeeper...

He kept a clean sheet today under very difficult conditions..

Just look at the quality of some of those keepers who can win caps for their country south of the border....

What the feck do any of our so-called supporters get out of booing him..?

Get a feckin life.... :020:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sitting well away from all this, so didn't notice the boos and all the other stuff. I was just thinking it might be an idea for Mikey to roll the ball out to a defender or deep midfielder rather than booting it to anywhere. Giving the ball back to the opposition so easily is surely to be avoided at this level?

I stuck up for Mikey today cos I thought one of his wayward kicks was caught by the wind cos it was high up but I was forced to retract my statement when he kept feckin booting the ball out of play!  I've not been up the road much this year but i'm told he does it all the time.  Need extra coaching son.

Didn't like the "you're sh1t" chant directed at him.  That sucked and was about us funny as those chaps trying to boot the ball through the naff thing into the goal at half time.  That was THE sh1ttest half time entertainment I've EVER seen.

ps.  Whoever got the V's directed at you, you feckin deserved it.  Dry your eyes and give us peace.

My seat is in the North Stand and, as soon as Rory came out to warm up, the chants and boos started - it's not on, and should not happen.  What sort of supporters castigate their own team? 

The barracking of Michael Fraser was more than once, no wonder it got a response - I don't blame Michael at all.  That's not support, just being stupid.  If you must make such calls, keep it for the opposing team and cut it out, boys, as it was boys (or young men) who were the instigators. 

:32: 

Well said CaleyD and others, Ike had one poor kick in the first half, which is usually greeted by the odd moan and groan amongst us, yet these 'supporters' and that one boy who kept thinking that shouting you're **** ahhhhhhhhhhhh was funny, it wasn't. As for Ike's reaction it probably wasn't the best in the world but I can understand where he is coming from, and if members of this group can't take a reaction to it don't start in the first place. These 'supporters' then decided to boo Rory when he warmed up and chanting Deano. Why? But well done to a section of the North Stand (Section J or K i think) who appluaded and cheered Rory when he appeared later on to drown out these twats. If that's the way you want to treat players who give 100% for the shirt then **** off over the bridge

Guest WynessLegend

Just not acceptable to boo our own players. These people are not real "fans" of ICT. BOO BOYS OUT.

:33:

This is something that interests me.

The general feeling seems to be that it's not acceptable to boo our own players.

I booed Michael after he flicked the Vs at the North stand.

I still feel this was acceptable.

However, I have seen the entire Team booed from the field after a defeat or a poor performance. I have never joined in this, but I suspect many of those jumping to the defence of Michael Fraser have.

And how about off the field booing?

Is it unacceptable to boo a player for disgraceful conduct - but acceptable to repeatedly call for the head of a new manager, who is doing a good job, on these pages?

Didn't get to the game yesterday for a host of reasons, but from what I have seen previously Mikey makes the odd mistake but is potentially a very good keeper who deserves his chance.  He also kept a clean sheet yesterday in mid winter.

I did watch the highlights of the Everton game last night where the best keeper in Scotland lost 7 goals and had a string of class saves as well.  Virtually no chance with any of the goals.

Don't agree with the boo boys at all - any of them care to attempt to take his place in goal.

Right so when did MF actually flick the Vs? There seems to be some variation on this. I heard the Soccer AM* chant (Aaaaah etc.) but never saw him do anything. Someone on another thread said he flicked the Vs before this (and this is why they folk shouted this at him) but here people are saying he did it after?

Didn't get to the game yesterday for a host of reasons, but from what I have seen previously Mikey makes the odd mistake but is potentially a very good keeper who deserves his chance.  He also kept a clean sheet yesterday in mid winter.

I did watch the highlights of the Everton game last night where the best keeper in Scotland lost 7 goals and had a string of class saves as well.  Virtually no chance with any of the goals.

Don't agree with the boo boys at all - any of them care to attempt to take his place in goal.

Well said jaggie , i fully agree

Lets put a wee slant on this - although the booing is indefensable.

We are talking about two young footballers who have been well and truly thrown into the deep end by this club. IMHO they should have been more protected and allowed to progress through the reserves, on loan or on the bench. They have been played becos of financial reasons and possibly the fact that we cant attract experience in the "windows" or we astonishingly decide to stick with what we have got.

Rory is on a hiding to nothing now - his confidence must be shot - we have to allow him to go on loan and give him a deserved breather and hopefully a confidence booster.

Mikey is in a far greater dilemna - he is clearly considered as our Number 1 and it is too late to go through the slow development curve. I was at Killie where he had an absolute shocker (and was'nt booed but would have bowed his head if he was) but he then amazes me with his display at Ibrox. I suspect that his confidence is also on a knife's edge. He will simply have to battle through it or do we go fer Zibi - one game in and one game out simply does not work - it is clearly reactive stuff and poor management - if i doubt get somebody else.

As I have said on other threads it infuriates me that these two local youngsters appear to be scapegoated whilst the likes of Niculae, Hastings and even Rosscoe are relatively supported and even extolled. 

Guest WynessLegend

Right so when did MF actually flick the Vs? There seems to be some variation on this. I heard the Soccer AM* chant (Aaaaah etc.) but never saw him do anything. Someone on another thread said he flicked the Vs before this (and this is why they folk shouted this at him) but here people are saying he did it after?

He did it before this chant.

The chant was a reaction to his idiotic behaviour.

He did it in response to about three people tutting loudly about a pathetic kick out.

If this is how Michael handles the pressure no wonder he's so out of his depth when it's the opposition support behind his goals.

Get Zibi in.

A bad goalkeeper with manners.

The chant was definitely after his gesture.

The gesture was in response to continuous abuse from sections of the NS throughout the first half.

If the gesture was aimed at the dickhead who sits just behind me, then nice one Michael.... :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Fraser was subjected to a constant string of abusive comments, as well as jeering from the lads at the back every time he kicked a ball.  One person shouted "The pitch is that big green thing in front of you" which is what seemed to provoke the 2 fingered salute.  As has been said by others, the shout seemed to come from the same person who gives Mike dogs abuse week after week and the response was directed at him.  The lads up the back then decided to step up the taunting....call it showing off, playing the big man in front of mates or whatever, but the simple fact is that it was immature and unnecessary.

The "your 5hit...arghhhh" chant may not have been made until after mike reacted, but it was certainly not the first chant, boo, jeer that they had aimed in Frasers direction.  Even if it had been...why should they start it following the reaction from Fraser?  If they had done nothing up until that point then it would have been obvious it was not directed at them and they had no reason to react themselves.  If they believe it was directed at them, then they must have done something to justify that thinking.

Doesn't matter which way you try to spin it...the chanting, shouting, jeering and booing was mindless and unnecessary.

"The pitch is that big green thing in front of you" which is what seemed to provoke the 2 fingered salute.

Wasn't at the match but if that is true......

It's one of the wittiest things I've heard of coming from our support. And if his kicking was as poor as has been reported then probably deserved certainly not the kind of comment that should drive a professional to flick the vs

Feck right off too this little low-life tw@ts who thought it big to boo McAllister and then give Fraser dogs abuse.

I don't know what hole you all crawled out from, but I'd be grateful if you could crawl straight back in to it again.  Your lucky all you got was the 'V' as you deserved a slap to knock some sense in to each and every one of you.

Excellent post Big D. Interesting to note some of the same lowlife seem to equate reasonable criticism / slagging on this forum with booing the players when they're in the middle of a game, disgraceful attitude and behaviour  :33:

"The pitch is that big green thing in front of you" which is what seemed to provoke the 2 fingered salute.

It's one of the wittiest things I've heard of coming from our support. And if his kicking was as poor as has been reported then probably deserved certainly not the kind of comment that should drive a professional to flick the vs

On it's own, perhaps undeserving of a response by Fraser....but it was just one of many "jibes" he'd been almost constantly subjected to.

I don't condone Frasers reaction, but it was certainly understandable.

On it's own, perhaps undeserving of a response by Fraser....but it was just one of many "jibes" he'd been almost constantly subjected to.

I don't condone Frasers reaction, but it was certainly understandable.

Like I say I was not at the match so I can't comment further though when I read your previous post that part made me chuckle.

I would also like to point out that all the booing of players recently may just be anger at the whole situation the club is in at the moment being channeled at the wrong people. I myself would not boo one of our players however there are things going on at TCS which have me very angry.