FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Hibernian : Matchday Thread

Scotty

PRE match comment

I would love to see Brew going fer a 4-5-1 at home - and leaving the side unchanged - with Bazza coming on EARLIER and Bayne to run his guts off in the closing 10-15 minutes - when Marius is invariably fecked. Niculae looked really uncomfortable last week but away from home is a far different game. Playing Niculae up front alone at home is what I have been calling fer since day one - either as a lone striker or with Wyness running the lines in front of him. Niculae simply has to stop going so deep as he practically needs a feckin taxi to get back up front again.  Lets use the mans' skills fer fecks sake. Cowie,Black Rankin, Proctor,Wilson running from deep on to his lay offs and flicks - Cowie and Wilson using width on the flanks. McBain is yer extra "holding" option even if it turns him into the Invisible Man.

And whilst I am revering Marius - lets use him more tactically at corner kicks. He has some feckin footballing sense - stop getting him to attack the front post or the middle of the goalmouth - start letting him ghost in at the back post - he is more lucky to have the presence of mind where to go and what to do.

:023:

is this the half time pre second half comment

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

Ah the enigma that is Roy McBain  :024:  Just can't see what, if anything, he offers the team. He was by far and away the least effective ICT player today quite ably combining new found chameleon skills with his usual invisibility powers  :tic01: Some folk on here really seem to rate him - I just want to know why?

I think this sums up the Caley forum.

Third win in a row, third clean sheet in a row (against a good Hibs side).

And still posters find time to criticise.

This was a good, well managed, team performance.

Sorry if that's not what you're looking for.

If you had bothered to read any of my previous posts you would have seen both praise for both the team and the manager.

I was a posting a personel opinion of one player. Many of you might not agree with my view of said player and that's fine.  Just get the facts right. iIm sure you were all for booing Fraser a few weeks ago WynessLegend

Sounded like a fantastic performance, thank feck Malky's back  :023:

or maybe Bill Leckie is just a better commentator than the ones we normally get.

Hope we get him again, none of that "cleared by Caley Thistle" or "Inverness are on the attack" pi5h that Jim Spence and Scott Davie constantly come out with because they don't recognise our players!

And still posters find time to criticise.

Like you're trying to do to Kencar? Why don't you just type your opinions onto a Word document and read that rather than risking reading someone else's opinion on the big bad WWW WL?

Well done lads. Solid performance indeed. Surprised how well out counter attacking worked at times but then again, by the mid way point of the 2nd half, Hibs had to go for it so they were more open at the back. How many fouls did Hogg get away with by the way?

I thought Fraser was good yesterday, kicking spot on bar one iffy clearance. Wasn't helped by some ridiculous back passes from the team. Can't agree with Proctor being as good as some are making out. He seemed to get caught out on a few occasions at the back but on the whole he was good. Other than that I agree with Hislopsoffsideagains ratings.

I thought McGuire did well as did Ranking and Black and Niculae took his goals well.

Rankin had a cracking shot in the 2nd half that came oh so close to going in and we had other chances to make it 3 or 4 nil though that might have been a bit harsh on Hibs(/Brazil). Lets keep it going for the next few games lads!  :003:

PRE match comment

I would love to see Brew going fer a 4-5-1 at home - and leaving the side unchanged - with Bazza coming on EARLIER and Bayne to run his guts off in the closing 10-15 minutes - when Marius is invariably fecked. Niculae looked really uncomfortable last week but away from home is a far different game. Playing Niculae up front alone at home is what I have been calling fer since day one - either as a lone striker or with Wyness running the lines in front of him. Niculae simply has to stop going so deep as he practically needs a feckin taxi to get back up front again.  Lets use the mans' skills fer fecks sake. Cowie,Black Rankin, Proctor,Wilson running from deep on to his lay offs and flicks - Cowie and Wilson using width on the flanks. McBain is yer extra "holding" option even if it turns him into the Invisible Man.

And whilst I am revering Marius - lets use him more tactically at corner kicks. He has some feckin footballing sense - stop getting him to attack the front post or the middle of the goalmouth - start letting him ghost in at the back post - he is more lucky to have the presence of mind where to go and what to do.

:023:

is this the half time pre second half comment

Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 10:30:51 AM ?  :blah01:

Guest WynessLegend

Sounded like a fantastic performance, thank feck Malky's back  :023:

....why don't you just type your opinions onto a Word document and read that rather than risking reading someone else's opinion on the big bad WWW WL?

And why don't you just give me a big sloppy kiss!

I was dubious about what was, on paper. a very negative formation for a home match against a team against whom we have a very good record.

However, credit must go to Brewster for getting it right in what turned out to be a really effective and entertaining performance.

Niculae was head and shoulders above anyone else on the park and surely there can now be no question of parting company with Rankin in January after his recent run of form.

The only down side was the cowd which was record low for a match against Hibs in Inverness but I guess it was no surprise that so few of their fans made the journry given their recent run of form.

Niculae was head and shoulders above anyone else on the park and surely there can now be no question of parting company with Rankin in January after his recent run of form.

The only down side was the cowd which was record low for a match against Hibs in Inverness but I guess it was no surprise that so few of their fans made the journry given their recent run of form.

Agree totally, Rankin should no way be let go, saw his shot on the BBC site last night, boy was that close, feckin brill save macalamby the goalie with scottish decendants.

Our crowd was pysh, Hibs had a good number up, we cant seem to get more than 3500-3700 of our own unless of course its the old firm up.... wonder why?

Just back down south after a week end in Sneck.  Fabulous to see Marius's first SPL goals - so nearly a hat trick too with his great shot in last minute.  Well deserving of his MoM.  Hope that gives him the confidence now to go on and bag a barrowload (as Dargo did in his first season after a slow start).  Hope we have enough fit players for Celtic match after all the injuries we picked up.  It'll be back to Setanta for me next week end.  Thought there was not much life in the Innes pre game.  Do most folk go to Social club now?

Guest TinCanFan

Agree totally, Rankin should no way be let go, saw his shot on the BBC site last night, boy was that close, feckin brill save macalamby the goalie with scottish decendants.

It was a great save but I thought his decendents were from the Congo.

Not pretty at times especially when H*bs had control of the midfield in the first part of the second half.  However, a timely substitution, second wind for Blackie and a bit of luck (much deserved after the September game at Fester Road) got us back on track.  If that last shot from Marius had gone in the roof would have come of the North Stand.

That's three H*bs goalies now that have not covered themselves in glory at the TCS.  Must be something at the start of their names - Ma-lkowski, Ma-cNeill and Ma-kacalamity.

Have to mention the enthusiastic support from the 50 or so lads from Dyce in the KBFE.  They helped improved the atmosphere no end and seemed to be enjoying themselves. They had played the ICT youngsters in the morning.

I would have thought his descendants are largely as yet unborn. His ancestors, on the other hand, may be of Belgian colonial origin. In fact it's amazing the extent to which countries which formerly had colonies benefit in a sporting sense from immigration from these colonies. In the case of the GB athletics team, I don't think it would be up to much had we not had an empire.

I have to admit that when I first heard of the Hibs keeper on the radio, I thought he was a Scotsman by the name of MacAlambie. Either way, he's an excellent goalkeeper and indeed both keepers were superb on Saturday.

Guest TinCanFan

Makalamity himself is Belgian but his parents are from Congo.

That's what I meant.