FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

All Time low?

Guest couchpotato

Guest couchpotato

Gretna v Dundee United ....Crowd 507 .Shocking for a top league match with one team challenging for a euro spot! Scottish football is in serious need of a shake up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tna/7282594.stm

The caretaker manager is trying to shift the blame onto the SPL!

Why can't they just face it...they are crap always have been, have no fanbase, ruined motherwell's pitch and have been a disgrace to scottish football.  I hope they go bust and there no longer is a Gretna Football Club

Wadsworth is a balloon. I liked these two quotes:

"Dundee United did not bring many fans through, so I think many Scottish clubs are facing problems."

United get over 5 times as many folk turning up for their home games though.

"I bet there were a lot of people who didn't know this game was on, Rangers and Everton were on telly, Bolton were probably on another channel."

That's right Mick. Blame the rubbish attendance on a Bolton game being on  :015:

I wonder how many of the original Gretna fans are liking this right now? They've been around for a fair bit, the club was running along, albeit in the lower echelons of some backwater English league, but they at least had a club to support.

Now they have become a rich mans plaything and there is a chance that Gretna FC might cease to exist leaving the original fans without a club, all for a few years of "glory".

How extreme were the money issues at ICT a few seasons back? Gretna owe just under ?5 million to their "parent company" and just wondered if things were ever that bad with us.

I think we were ?2-3m in debt.  the money was all owed to Colombian drug lords who have now been 'taken out' by Ross Tokely so we're sweet.

You can't blame Gretna or Dundee Utd fans for not going to that.  The game had been cancelled twice in a week, it's very short notice to get an afternoon off work for, or in the case of most United fans, steal a car to drive down in. 

Gretna are absolutely friar tuck'd.  Lets hope they limp on to the end of the season as we will lose six points if they go under.

Guest couchpotato

If Gretna go into administration,do they have enough points to be deducted whatever the points deduction thing is these days?

Todays papers are saying that if Gretna go to the wall before the end of the season and cant fulfil there fixtures they would go out of the league and another team would have to be relegated in there place. Where might that leave us especially when points from Gretna games are cancelled so we lose 6 because we beat them 2 out of 2 while Killie only lose 3. And how did Saint Mirren do against Gretna.

Should we be panicing?

I don't think the powers that be would move the goalposts like that. :32:

If Gretna are booted out then it wouldn't change anything other than allowing an extra team to get promoted from division 2 to fill the space that they would vacate in division 1. (could be good news for Peterhead if they keep their run going?) and the same goes for division 3 (elgin perhaps? mmmm probably not  :016:)

It'd also open the door for a new team to enter the SFL, possibly another HL team. Which would open the door for Inverness City (or possibly their main rivals Thurso) to step up to the HL.

While it's a shame for Gretna  - every cloud has a silver lining.

if gretna dont last  should be no relegation this season which would let us get everything sported oot for next season without r duncan we could give the youngsters a run in the team see how they fare

That would be a nightmare! Would there promotion in that case? If so and all the ups and downs were sorted there would still be another team needing to come into the SFL in place of Gretna in the bottom tier.