FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Falkirk : matchday thread

Scotty

There weren't really that many poor individual performances today. It was a very slow, scrappy game played in sweltering heat. Neither side managed to play with much fluency and it was a lucky, scrappy goal that won it. Unfortunatly it was for Falkirk. Overall we created the most chances but that's football.

The home support was pathetic. So impatient, so abusive, so negative. Every time Russel Duncan played a square or backward pass he got a mouthfull, even when he had no other options available! The same story with Rory, he came on put himself about, always made himself available - but one miscontrol and it was 'get off the park!!!' time. In fact no home player was immune.

Honestly, with supporters like these who needs away fans? How is this kind of reception going to help a team low on confidence and struggling to find fluency?

We are on a bad run but the margin between success and failure is very slim. This is the same team that won 5 games in a row, and came back to win from 2-0 down against Celtic only a few months ago. We could easily have won today if the luck had gone our way. This was not a 'disgraceful performance', or 'absolutly pathetic effort'. Stop being such drama queens and get a grip!

The top 6 dream is over and it's time to focus on securing 7th place and rebuilding for next season. I'd like to see Brewster give some of the youngsters a run out over the next few weeks.

Guest TinCanFan

Tin Can Man, I disagree completely, Duncan Wyness McBain Hastings McGuire Imrie, in fact 90% of the team should look for employment elsewhere as they will not, I repeat will not take ICT to the next level, and the manager falls in to that bracket as well................INEPT. Duncan and contract.......hahahahahahah you can't be serious.  Most of these players need to take a long hard look at themselves.  This was not VFM, in fact it was daylight robbery.

I actually don't think ou views are that different.

DBS, which game were you at today, you have stated the exact opposite of what actually went on??????????? Sweltering heat???it's fekkin March????no poor players????name me the good ones

Something is wrong alright.  We were inept and Falkirk were ept and should have won by a couple of goals, they dominated posession throughout, and we woke up once again when the game was lost.

Contracts, I would make them all review there contracts, they are all being overpaid.

TCF I agree, we are right.......well up to the point where you mentioned Roy.  Time for a clearout methinks.

yours

disillusioned.

i was disappointed with the team today  :020: !!

i was thinking that we need a new manager because we are doing so bad the now but i don't think that that would actually help the team!!

I think my sentiments are much the same as those already expressed. That is the first game I've ever travelled from Aberdeen for that has seemed little more than a chore - I was not looking forward to it at all. To be honest the only home supporters who will have enjoyed this afternoon's "efforts" (in the loosest sense of the word) are those who suddenly found their insomnia cured. I would have gouged my own eyes out, but I couldn't find a suitable instrument.  

Interesting interactions between the dugout and the fans in the main stand today...

1) Just before kickoff someone yelled at Brew, "About time for 4-4-2, we're the home team" , and Brew turned and gave him a rather withering stare. If looks could kill...

2) Someone got into a shouting match with Malky in the second half - Malky accused him of not supporting the team and the fan responded by saying he that if he paid his money he was entitled to see better.

3) A shout of "Don't sign a new contract" as Dennis was subbed did not go down well with the bench.

4) I'm told that Roy McBain was giving me daggers when I yelled "See, Brew, that's a team that actually wants to win the game" when Falkirk scored. I'm treating it as a badge of honour, and I completely stand by that comment.

I go to Caley games either to see us win, or to be entertained (last year's 4-3 defeat to Killie was the best game I saw all season). At the moment there doesn't seem to be a snowball's chance in **** of either happening any time soon.

We couldn't have scored in a brothel today. We are completely lacking in imagination, initiative or passion. I would like to think that the players and coaching staff will have gone home utterly disgusted with the performance tonight. But I wouldn't bet money on it.

As for complaints about the negativeness of the support, here's an open question to which I don't know the correct answer - as paying customers, are we entitled to heckle and slag off our team during a performance like today? Or should we be keeping schtum?

hmmm firstly for once i'm probably quite glad i had to miss a home match, what with being stuck down in englandshire. Did manage to listen though and i  couldn't help but think we could have done with a barry wilson type super sub maybe around the 60minute mark? Generaly i would say i try not to single out individuals to criticise and i know that as a whole i do think the team is hurting, it can't be easy on a streak like this and i'm sure one or two of the team will be taking a good look at themselves. Top 6 maybe gone but i think now we must start looking to next reason, i can accept a loss or two if brew decides to try something different but if we keep flogging the dead horse then i can't see where things will change.  I hope beyond hope that the political/ internal going's on are dealt with soon because from what i have seen over the last few weeks football seems to be the last thing on more than a few of our first team players minds. Incidentally i believe this is what blackies recent behaviour has stemmed from, from my take on it i think it has been little more than his frustrations boiling over and if we aren't carefull i think he could be another one looking to head elsewhere. Sorry for the rant but i love my club and i hate seeing it like this. 

1) Just before kickoff someone yelled at Brew, "About time for 4-4-2, we're the home team" , and Brew turned and gave him a rather withering stare.  If looks could kill...

2) Someone got into a shouting match with Malky in the second half - Malky accused him of not supporting the team and the fan responded by saying he that if he paid his money he was entitled to be better.

3) A shout of "Don't sign a new contract" as Dennis was subbed did not go down well with the bench.

4) I'm told that Roy McBain was giving me daggers when I yelled "See, Brew, that's a team that actually wants to win the game" when Falkirk scored.  I'm treating it as a badge of honour, and I completely stand by that.

Paying customers are entitled to express their views. But surely you can see why the players and management feel that such comments don't really help. Give support when the match is in progress, give them pelters afterwards!

Guest Aboynamedsue

Oh and another thing.....why don't the half time scores get announced anymore? :007:

Aye & where was I CAT today ?  :024:

Couldn't make the game today - had to clean out a very dirty kennel occupied by five dogs. Sounds like I had a far more entertaining Saturday afternoon than you guys who were at the match though!!  :004:

Sounds like a real load of feckin cr@p... Can forget 6th place now...

Absolute, complete and utter sucking fhite is the only way to describe the game today.  Never seen such a non-game at TCS ever.  Falkirk were deserving of the 3 points.  TIme for "special brew" to go.  We should have never entertained him anf taken him back.  At BEST he's a good fitness coach - nothing more, nothing less. 

Caley should he getting in a few good players - not the likes of Imrie.

Where's the AMBITION? 

We need a chnge of direction and a serious, yet stable, injection of ambition. 

SACK THE BOARD

Local people should be supporting this great club. I travel 400 miles to see them

Sack the board :crazy07:

I think we're being slightly hysterical in saying sack Brewster.

BUT every season we don't play for the last 3 months of the season,  the mentality is job done,  we've avoided relegation no need to try now.  I believe last season we were beaten, no thrashed by Dunfermline 3-1 at home around March time to start their revival.

Also we never ever start games well,  we always seem to play slightly better in the 2nd half,  due to an obvious boot up the erse at halftime.

I am fed up watching this dross week in week out.  If I didn't have a season ticket i'd consider not going back this season (i'd obviously have to though)  Its the total lack of trying something different!  We put on a brilliant show to beat Falkirk 4-2 in September.  Yesterday was like watching a bad Highland League team,  just hoof hoof hoof.  Its not just the defenders who do it as well, Duncan plays it back all the time and if he doesn't................hoof.   

Pathetic,  get back to passing the ball.  This is not acceptable any more!!!

I agree with some posters that the reaction by some people has gone way over the top to yesterdays game. As for people saying Falkirk were the better side, get real. Yes they passed it about all day but didn't really create anything and this game was heading for a 0-0 until we lost the ball in midfield, it fell to Latapy and he did the rest. Latapy was the reason Falkirk won, pure and simple as he did not waste a ball in the time he was on. The best football, of which there was not much, and this is similar to the Hearts game, was played by ICT but if you don't score goals you don't win games and that is where we need to improve hugely.

We need a creative player badly to spark things up and wothout Rankin and Wilson, don't know where this will come from. Our midfiled sits far too deep and rarely supports the front players effectively, something that the coaching staff need to sort out.

Finally, other posters keep alluding to internal issues at the club, can somebody spell out exactly what are the problems, if they know, or is this just gossip.

I agree a clearout is much needed, too many players are in the team on merit and because they have "been loyal to the club"

Russell Duncan should not be getting a new contract

Dennis Wyness shouldn't either!

Also we should be getting rid of a few more players from at the least the starting 11.

If it was any other club...there would've been massive changes in the starting 11 if there team had only 1 win in nearly 4months!!

!

Hislopoffsideagain....the bench can't argue with those comments at all...they should be the ones pulling the finger out and coach these overpayed, old, boring, pile of junk the call ICT

I would withdraw the contract offer from Duncan before he signs it.

Denzil just needs a goal and hopefully we will get to see him back on a good scoring run.

Niculae seriously should learn how to pass a ball once in a while, I'm all for having a shot outside the box now and then but not every single time when there are better options available.

Rossco should learn to stay in his position, the number of times he was caught out and just strolling back was unreal.

It also says a lot when McBain was the best player on the pitch but the way he came off the pitch really pissed me off, it looked to me like he couldn't give a toss.

It was much the same as the Hearts game....it's not that the players aren't capable, it's just that very few of them look all that interested.

I don't expect us to be winning every week, but I at least expect players to put in the effort.  You could probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times an ICT player lost the ball and actually went chasing to win it back.  In fact, the only person I recall doing that in the last couple of matches was Niculae.

There's at least 6 or 7 players that need a good kick up the erse and it's got to the stage where I don't really care about the results....I'd rather have the young lads out there giving 100% than the current squad who are barely going through the motions.