FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

IAN BLACK ?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As has been previously mentioned, there was a "clear the air meeting" this week with management and players.  Ian Black was asked by Brewster if he wanted to continue playing for the club; Black replied " I don't know".  If he doesn't know whether he wants to play for the club, then IMO he deserves to be dropped until he sorts his head out and either knuckles down to get back in side or is placed on the transfer list. 

Now King of the Blue you are not quite accurate in your statement, he was NOT asked if he wanted to continue playing for the club, he was asked to be honest and if he was happy playing at the moment to which he replied No I'm not happy at the moment, different alltogether from your statement.

I heard tonight that he will be training with the U19's until he sees fit to apologise to Brewster...and that there's more chance of **** freezing over than the apology being forthcoming.

It would seem that the "clear the air talks" have turned into a battle of principles with neither side showing any willingness to back down.

As I've said before on this forum, I'm all for discipling players if they step out of line, but this situation between Brewster and Black (and a few other players) seems to be in danger of getting totally out of hand.  If a player is disrupting the team and they won't take a telling then they have to go...however, I fail to accept that so many players would be falling out with the manager and that the fault doesn't lie with him.

Never before have we had so many rumours about so many players being unhappy and having run ins with the manager.

Never before have we had so many rumours about so many players being unhappy and having run ins with the manager.

Not since we heard about the United dressing room falling apart prior to Levein arriving. Who was manager there again?

There have always been dressing room bust ups, disputes with managers etc at our club.

I think we are hearing about more than usual at the moment because :

- all season there have been undercurrents of discontent caused by Niculae's salary, and sooner or later it was going to blow up (with contract January renewal negotiations and Rankin's big money move being triggers)

- we are going through our worst ever run of form and everyone is looking for someone to blame

There have always been dressing room bust ups, disputes with managers etc at our club.

- all season there have been undercurrents of discontent caused by Niculae's salary,

That's an extremely daring and controversial suggestion..... :018:

Seem to remember also CC having a big clear the air meeting in the dressing room where he threatened to walk out.

As Yngwie says, there has always been and probably always will be peaks and troughs of moral & form.

- all season there have been undercurrents of discontent caused by Niculae's salary, and sooner or later it was going to blow up (with contract January renewal negotiations and Rankin's big money move being triggers)

- we are going through our worst ever run of form and everyone is looking for someone to blame

- Or our manager has a history of this and should be replaced a.s.a.p.

To be honest I get a bit sick of people complaining that an internationalist, who is easily more skillful than any other player we have, is getting paid more (not even by the pockets of ICT but by sponsorship).  Players should look to him as an inspiration.  If Black, Duncan, Tokely or whoever became as good as Niculae and started getting an international reputation, then be assured they would be paid more (either at ICT or elsewhere).

I'm proud of the success ICT has achieved but that doesn't mean I think we shouldn't aspire to further success with better players. (I know we aren't getting that success but I put that fairly'n'squarely at the door of the manager who left us first time of asking to screw up another club).

Guest CaleyJaggy

Ach Black can GTF for all I care.  He has been gash for a long while now and if he isn't happy then boo hoo.  I'd rather have a player in the team trying and failing rather than not being arsed.

To be honest I get a bit sick of people complaining that an internationalist, who is easily more skillful than any other player we have, is getting paid more (not even by the pockets of ICT but by sponsorship).  Players should look to him as an inspiration.  If Black, Duncan, Tokely or whoever became as good as Niculae and started getting an international reputation, then be assured they would be paid more (either at ICT or elsewhere).

Spot on, I've said much the same on another thread

Ach Black can GTF for all I care.  He has been gash for a long while now and if he isn't happy then boo hoo.  I'd rather have a player in the team trying and failing rather than not being arsed.

:017:

Are you on something?... He's one of our most creative players!

I know we keep making excuses for him, putting his petulence down to the fact that he does care.  But, nevertheless, my patience is wearing thin with him too

Yes he is of our creative players, but what CaleyJaggy said is that Black has been poor in recent weeks. Which is true

Spot on, I've said much the same on another thread

Why does the same aura not surround Richard Hastings, despite all the international success he's enjoyed with Canada...?

Ian is a good player but he is still not the best behaved player and he cou cost the team!!

what's wrong with Duncan??

Well, that's what Duncan did on Saturday....

Duncan's a great player. For the opposition. No need to fight for the ball when Russell's about!

Amongst the dire play I have had to suffer recently in away games, Blackie still has been one of the few players to look as if he was willing to fight.

Ian is a good player but he is still not the best behaved player and he cou cost the team!!

what's wrong with Duncan??

The fact that 9/10 times he couldn't hit a coo on the erse with a banjo?...

Put simply, he's just not very good.  Yes he's doing an unglamourous job and largely goes unnoticed, but look at how McBain performed put in exactly that role on Saturday...

Guest CaleyJaggy

Black has been terrible and watching him it's clear that he doesn't really give a **** at the moment.  Maybe that's down to him not liking Brew/Malky/Marius/whatever.  If he is not professional enough to leave that behind him when he crosses the white line on a Saturday then I don't want him in the team.  It's funny that the best team effort this year has come when he was out of the team!  I don't believe in coincidence so there you go.

Some people have attracted immense amounts of criticism this year and maybe they deserve that, but don't tell me that Black is immune because he isn't.  He has been just as bad as the rest.

I wonder how Proctor would do in Duncan's role?  He looked promising in central defence (reading of the game, coming out of defence with the ball) but was far too lightweight.  Wouldn't mind seeing him given a try in defensive midfield.  Can't remember him being tried there since returning.