FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

IAN BLACK ?

Brewster is totally undermined and finished as a manager if he fields a player who openly states that he doesn't want to play for him. The whole squad would lose any respect they have for him.

Giving your best at all times is a pre-requisite for being in the squad, it's not optional.

Are you seriously suggesting the whole squad are right behind Brewster on this issue, Yngwie...?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yngwie, I cant agree with you on this one, you are an opinionated person as I am shouldn't Blackie be allowed to be as well, however less of this is better I wont get into a slagging match, Blackie will apologise, he will come through for us, he loves the game that as far as I can see has never been in doubt, and I believe he will come through for the team and us the back bone of ICT

He will apologise, but at what cost?  If it were me, I'd be looking for a new employer.  Totally unprofessional behaviour from Brewster.

How on earth is dropping someone who is ment to have said he doesn't want to play for him unprofesional?   You can't have a player dictating what is done in a team otherwise you get the BF effect that happened with Rangers.  Christ look at the Beckham/Van Nistelroy example used above.

You're looking at this from the wrong perspective.  Put yourself in exactly this position.  You are asked for a frank and honest opinion at your place of work for how you feel things are or whatever it was Brew asked.  You give exactly what is asked for, a frank and honest repsponse.  You are immediately told to fetch a mop and bucket and start mopping floors instead of doing what you normally do.  You are then told that in order to get back to your normal duties, you will have to apologise not only to the manager, but to your fellow employee's?

If you think that's fair enough, then thats your opinion.  I for one would be out of there as fast as I could.

What bit dont you get, he was asked for his opinion, he gave it, WHY ask for it then spit out the dummy, better to sit there like a dummy and dont give your opinion, Fergie (Sir) didnt ask for Beckham or Nistelroys opinions they gave them, Big difference, or dont you get that either,

If the frank and honest reply is "I don't want to play for you", then what's Brewster supposed to do?

If he plays him, then he isn't interested in the opinion. If he doesn't play him, then he's being childish.

Although it is a pretty stupid question to ask in the first place.

And WHY is this being aired through the press?

Our next signing should be a PR officer.

Guest CaleyJaggy

Yngwie, I cant agree with you on this one, you are an opinionated person as I am shouldn't Blackie be allowed to be as well, however less of this is better I wont get into a slagging match, Blackie will apologise, he will come through for us, he loves the game that as far as I can see has never been in doubt, and I believe he will come through for the team and us the back bone of ICT

He will apologise, but at what cost?  If it were me, I'd be looking for a new employer.  Totally unprofessional behaviour from Brewster.

How on earth is dropping someone who is ment to have said he doesn't want to play for him unprofesional?   You can't have a player dictating what is done in a team otherwise you get the BF effect that happened with Rangers.  Christ look at the Beckham/Van Nistelroy example used above.

You're looking at this from the wrong perspective.  Put yourself in exactly this position.  You are asked for a frank and honest opinion at your place of work for how you feel things are or whatever it was Brew asked.  You give exactly what is asked for, a frank and honest repsponse.  You are immediately told to fetch a mop and bucket and start mopping floors instead of doing what you normally do.  You are then told that in order to get back to your normal duties, you will have to apologise not only to the manager, but to your fellow employee's?

If you think that's fair enough, then thats your opinion.  I for one would be out of there as fast as I could.

It all comes down to how Black vented his frustation, the P&J article says Black said he didn't want to play for Brew.  If thats the case Black should be offloaded at the 1st possible moment, Brew is the boss like it or not.  If I was asked a question and told to give an honest answer I would, but I would do it in a constructive way as not to undermine my Boss especially if I had something critical to say.  If I did come across strongly and something like this happened I'd find a way to sort it out.  Black in my eye's has come across as being petulant at worst to naive at best.

We do not know what was said or how it was said so all we have to go on is supposition until someone comes out and actually states what happened on the record.

Got it in one back to Brews incompetence IF YOU DONT WANT THE OPINION DONT ASK twit that he is, did he expect Blackie to lie, knowing him as he does, and who better than to tell him something is wrong and that it needs to be sorted than the players, who else could tell him? Bennet? weve tried and he dosnt listen to us either, so what hope is there, again I say Blackie think of the team and us just say sorry and help your collegues get out of the mess we are in. You can do it you are big and strong enough

There is the matter of diplomacy too.

Although it was a stupid question, Black must have been aware that there would be consequences of answering the way he did.

If you told your boss you didn't want to work for him, even if asked directly, what would you expect the outcome to be?

You may have something there, Blackie is one of the youngest in the team, inexperienced in ways of the world, is hot headed, wears his heart on his sleeve, not mature enough to hide it yet, but Brew knows all of this so why ask him, perhaps there should be another thread, Brew knows what Blackie is like, did he ask him for his opinion knowing what he would get, is this way of trying to get him out??????? Scary stuff

Dont think so, I dont believe he wants to go, he says it as it is, but then he should have lied and said everything is wonderful we are winning every week, you pay me 10.00000 a week to play, I love it, that would have solved everything, and he could have added to get in Brews good books, guarantee him a place that you are god, you know exactly what you are doing, your tactical progress is exciting, i can see where you are going and i want to be a part of it,            now whos being sarcastic, me, do you think so.

No, he shouldn't have said any of that if he didn't think it.

But, there are ways of pointing out what the problems are without saying that you don't want to play for a manager.

If you tell your boss you don't want to work for them, there can only be one outcome.

But, there are ways of pointing out what the problems are without saying that you don't want to play for a manager.

If you tell your boss you don't want to work for them, there can only be one outcome.

Absolutely right, Black is not going to win this spat, and the sooner he accepts that, the better for everyone

There are a number of areas to consider here.

Brew as a manager - It would appear he has made a huge mess of this, both the initial situation and the current handling of it.

Club - They are also to blame for allowing this situation to develop and not stepping in to resolve the problem.

The above two parties are supposed to be professional and it is their positions to behave accordingly.

Black - He is a footballer and does not profess to be a PR guy and therefore he is MORE entitled to speak out of turn but, I accept, there must be a limit that the manager will allow. It was however behind closed doors!!

Team ICT - The weakening of the team on Saturday, due to the non-inclusion of Black, was unfair on the players and fans and indeed could alter our final position in the league with, I think, a loss of finance to the club.

Solution 1 - Black will have to toe the line and apologise to get back in the team but he must be on the way away right now, either in his mind or his managers mind!

Brew upset the dressing room at Dundee Utd and it was assumed, at that time, that this was because he was dealing with experienced pros and was having a hard time from them, due to his inexperience - well Black is not an experienced pro and he obviously can't handle him!

Solution 2 -For the good of ICT Brew must not be allowed to create any more mayhem, at Inverness, than he has already carried out AND MUST GO!!

Any talk of comparing this with Fergie is nonsense - we cannot offload a ?15million player and buy in a ?20 million one in his place!  We are lucky to have a player of Black's ability in our team and we will not be able to financially afford to replace him, in my opinion.  Lets use him in the first team whilst we have him.

Brew has done it now, we will loose blackie for sure, but at least he has admitted asking for his opinion (in my opinion), a sure way to deflect the blame from him, he is making blackie the scape goat for his mistakes with rankin, wyness etc, he needs to go before he ruins us i say again   BLACKIE if you are reading this PLEASE< PLEASE< PLEASE just say sorry, we need you, I wont think any less of you infact I will give you the praise  for putting the team before yourself. at a personal cost to yourself.

Brewster won't leave EVER!  He is to proud to resign.  I would say that this current board are to scared to sack him aswell...what we need is a new member on the board that is willing to stir it up a bit(in a good way) that is the only way this club will advance and also get rid of the possible the worst manager ever...

Clubs ruined by Mr Brewster....

Dundee Utd

ICT

Who will be the next victim of this bad bad manager?!

No one Roscoe if the board would stand up (but they wont it would mean admitting their mistake and that ain't going to happen) and get rid of him with his track record no-one will employ him again, he is an ego hunter who cannot accept he is to blame, but then it takes a big man for that.

Guest CaleyJaggy

I love the fact that almost everyone seems to be blaming big bad Brew and saying Blackie is just a poor wee inexperienced loon.  Wake up! Black is 23, he'll have been a footballer for at least 5 years, old and ugly enough to accept responsibility for his own actions.  Now I am not trying to suggest that it is all Black's fault but nor am I saying it's Brewster's either I would imagine there is more than enough blame to go about.  To fire Brew because he had a fall out with a player would be a bad thing.  To suggest he weakened the team by not playing Black is a wrong thing.  We scored 3 Goals and played with more determination than I have seen in a while.

As for the Fergie comparisons, they are valid, Fergie sold Van Nistelroy who was arguably, if not, his best striker due to a disagreement (I can't remember what for).  He did the same with Beckham and others during his career.  Just because a player is worth ?20 mill or 100K doesn't mean they get a free pass.

As for the Fergie comparisons, they are valid, Fergie sold Van Nistelroy who was arguably, if not, his best striker due to a disagreement (I can't remember what for).  He did the same with Beckham and others during his career.  Just because a player is worth ?20 mill or 100K doesn't mean they get a free pass.

Yeah..but Fergie is one of the best if not the best manager ever...so he can get away with it..because you know that it will be a success and he will find some to replace him in the long run - Rooney / Ronaldo!  Brewster isn't a world class manager..he isn't even an average manager so he can't really get away with it!  I agree that players shouldn't get a " free pass" but Brewster is being a wee kid aswell as Black!

You are completely missing the point. Ferguson could sell players of that talent because he know he could buy in players just as if not more talented. Brewster and ICT can not do the same. The comparisons ends with "selling a top player". Sure he could get rid of Black if he so wishes but we cannot easily bring a player to replace him or others like United could do.

By the way, Van Nistlerooy didn't get to start the League Cup Final and was benched for numerous games after. That's where a fall out was rumoured to have come from  :004: