FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

IAN BLACK ?

The article in today's Inverness Courier doesn't really shed much light on the situation....

CLICKITY CLICK

From the above article.....Rumours were that the player was told to avoid the game after a bust-up with Brewster last week, but the manager dismissed any behind-the scenes-unrest, stating: "Ian Black was just left out and that was it."

Make of that what you will  :024:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's what i was thinking....that Sophia has been quiet recently..has she been banned or something? it's unusual that she's not been on here having a go at someone! :008:

what does liken drunken duncan mean reedee?

well a while ago Brewster was being interviewed and he said drunken insted of Duncan and it just stuck for me!!

Now is it MacDonalds fault that he hardly did anything in the final few minutes or the managers due to employing such ineffecient tactics?

Brewster may not be a tactical genius, but come off it, do you really think the manager's tactics were to play high balls to a player whose marker is a foot taller than him? I would add this to the category of the players needing to have a look at themselves.

Roscoe I answered this some time ago but my reply hasnt appeared, however, I dont often agree 100% but this time I do. Blackie is one, and I quote again one of, our best, definetly more passionate, and to use a few of the previous quotes  (any first team player who is happy at the moment needs to look at themselves ) or words to that effect, (stuck to his guns even with the threat of being dropped) again words to that effect) Blackie is hot headed, needs controlled at times, I agree with this, but to drop one of our most talented, beggers belief, it has been said blackie thinks he's bigger than the club, dosnt brew, he puts out a weaker side on a saturday to the detrement of our beloved team, In so much as i supported Brew in staying with a better back ground crew, I cannot continue with this train of thought, brew is killing the spirit of our lads, they should be allowed to speak honestly when asked, even if we dont like it, without being dropped as blackie has, and he still stood by his convictions, to use another quote "taken it like a man" and continues to do so even today after being dropped, dosnt that show the kind of commitment we need? by the way i think you are all going in the right direction and maybee Sophia now has a chum

Ian Black being dropped coincided with our best performance for months. Coincidence?  :003:

He is our Eoin Jess i.e. a player who gets away with poor performances because of his 'potential for the future'.

Is he a better player now than when he was selected for the scotland future team a couple of years ago? Absolutly not, he's half the player he was then. I think the early hype may have been the worst thing that could have happened to him. It's obviously gone to his head.

As I said on another thread, he has some neat touches but his overall contribution to the team isn't as significant as some of his cheerleaders seem to make out. He contributes pretty much zero goals and zero assists. That's simply not good enough for an attacking midfielder. And you rarely see him busting a gut to offer defensive cover when we lose the ball a la Barry Wilson, particularly when things aren't going our way.

When he threw his ICT shirt on the ground and walked up the tunnel 3 weeks back he should have been dropped there and then.

Brewster hasn't been gash all the time, just look at the run of form before xmas, the 3-2 win over Celtic.  Brew was in charge there as well wasn't he?  Brew gets a hard time from everyone all the time, no credit and all of the blame.  The players are as much at fault as Brew for what has happened this season.  We go from a good run before xmas to crap after Rankin has been sold.  1 player does not make that much of a difference to our squad.

You know that Rankin leaving wasn't the only thing to have happened since that good run that might be responsbile for our current shocking line of results?

Donld Park was the glue that held this club togethor.

Brewster may not be a tactical genius, but come off it, do you really think the manager's tactics were to play high balls to a player whose marker is a foot taller than him? I would add this to the category of the players needing to have a look at themselves.

Brewsters tactics are long ball to the striker(s) and this was still evident even when MacDonald went up against Jones. Odd thing is, even under Brewster, when we do pass the ball we do it well. We do have a good passing team available to us so it beggars belief why we whack the ball up the pitch at times.

Odd thing is, even under Brewster, when we do pass the ball we do it well. We do have a good passing team available to us so it beggars belief why we whack the ball up the pitch at times.

I agree, and this is linked to my Constant Irritation #37364.

WHY can't our goalkeepers ever just roll the ball out rather than just hoofing it up to the other team?? We easily have the skills available to keep possession and move the ball forward.

.... but to drop one of our most talented, beggers belief, it has been said blackie thinks he's bigger than the club, dosnt brew, he puts out a weaker side on a saturday to the detrement of our beloved team,

Exactly Foxy... I made the same point on several posts, several times during last week, when word of this bust up started to come out...

We could have won the feckin game on Saturday if Blackie had been on in place of the inneffectual Imrie...

I just can't forgive Brewster for his incompetence.... If he felt Blackie needed to be made an example of, there were plenty of other options open to him...

Why punish the whole team..... and the support... :symbol_question:

That's certainly what we're all suppose to believe  :023:

Do tell.

If I had solid proof to back up what I know then I would say more.

For now you'll just have to treat it as another one of those "people who think they are in the know" type comments.

Do tell.

If I had solid proof to back up what I know then I would say more.

For now you'll just have to treat it as another one of those "people who think they are in the know" type comments.

Without knowing to what you refer it is difficult to say how accurate your understanding of the situation is. However from what I know your general sentiment is not too far away from the truth.

Did anyone see Duncan kick the ball into the stand as they came off at half time..?

Yes I did........I was ready to catch it but it went over my head. I watched after that for a reaction from the ref but there wasn't one and Russell walked into the tunnel.

I don't think anyone (other than one or two fans here) has ever suggested that Parkie was the glue that held the club together, in any way at all.

How can you suddenly suggest that "they" want us to believe that he was, without having done or said anything to create or perpetuate such a myth?  There are just too many conspiracy theories for me to cope with :029:

Brewster hasn't been gash all the time, just look at the run of form before xmas, the 3-2 win over Celtic.  Brew was in charge there as well wasn't he?  Brew gets a hard time from everyone all the time, no credit and all of the blame.  The players are as much at fault as Brew for what has happened this season.  We go from a good run before xmas to crap after Rankin has been sold.  1 player does not make that much of a difference to our squad.

I would really like to hear what REALLY happened at this meeting but we probably never will.  Just bare in mind that Black is as much at fault as Brew for being in the position he is in.  Brew is the manager and Black is the player.

Second point first.........Personally I believe that what is said behind the doors of the changing room is for those concerned and none of us have any right to be a party to the goings on.

Now the first point..........good run of form before Christmas. Could that be because we were in the run up to the transfer window and a number of players were puting themselves about more for recognition?

Second point first.........Personally I believe that what is said behind the doors of the changing room is for those concerned and none of us have any right to be a party to the goings on.

Well..... People pay good money to go and see players like Black strutting their stuff....

If Brewster chooses to deny the support the opportunity of doing that, I think they're entitled to some kind of explanation.

With that thought in mind, I for one certainly won't be taking the time and the trouble to head for Motherwell on Saturday.