FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Meaningless fixtures : which is worse?

Yngwie

Which is less appealing to you?

1) End of season league games where there is nothing significant to play for (the battle for 9th  - woo hoo!)

2) Pre-season friendlies. Uncompetitive kickarounds, but a chance to see how the team is shaping up for the new season.

For me, competition, tension and entertainment are the key ingredients of football, and it's hard to be interested when you know that at least 2 of the 3 will be missing.

Post Split SPL fixtures. Clubs still charge full price for games that are essentially friendlies. Last year I decided not to bother going to Falkirk v ICT and waste ~ ?40 - ?50 in doing so. Instead I went to see Inverurie Locos play Cove Rangers in a title decider, spent less than a tenner and had a much better time. Even more so when I found out the ICT game had finished 0 - 0 (IIRC).

At least with pre season friendlies the entrance price is cheaper and chances are you are going to a different ground for a change (e.g. some of the Highland League grounds or Peterhead for example).

Unless there is relegation still to play "for" then the bottom six post split is mind numbingly boring.

Still seventh spot to play for which is around ?130 k in the bank over ninth. Probably another crack at Aberdire. But in general I think the split sucks.

You wouldn't say that if we were in the top six....  :023:

The top six split adds some interest as we discover Monday night. If we didn't have the split there would be little to play for with sides moaning they had 2 away and 1 home for 6 opponents in a 33 game league. Would you prefer a 15 team league with 28 games and two relegated teams?

Post split fixtures are very poor. The fans can't be that bothered and neither can the players. Saying that results have been so bad since the start of the year it would be nice to be able to cheer on a win or two and the split gives us a realistic chance of that - something has to :rolleyes02:

I agree that if we were in the top six it would be much more interesting playing septic and rankgers again instead of Killie and St. Midden :007: