FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Streaming sites

Guest birdog

Guest birdog

Are we still not allowed to post links to sites which stream live matches? I have a real good one which I'd love to share but I am not sure of the current rule seeing as how Youtube clips are allowed to be linked  (these come under the same copyright rules, I believe)

Sorry but if the mods say no guys, I will not be PMing the link either.

just to clarify the situation.

As far as I am aware, there is no law that says you can or cannot post links to p2p websites on this type of website. However, the SPL and its media partners have - in the past - got very upset with p2p sites that are providing coverage, and also with fan sites who allow linking. Because we wanted to protect this site from any potential hassles, and also respect the copyright of both the SPL and their partners, we implemented the 'no links' rule as one of our site policies.

We did relax our site rules at the beginning of this season to allow youtube links because they do not stream live footage. When copyright issues arise over youtube footage after the event, then that is between youtube (Google) and the complainer so as far as we are concerned, there is no problem in posting youtube links or links to other sites similar to youtube.

With regards to p2p sites then the situation currently remains the same in that we will remove these links from our public forums when posted. We do not make a distinction between direct links to the actual feed/coverage or links that take you to another site that then offers the feed or a direct link to it within its site somewhere. Believe me, given the hassles of trying to get coverage over here I would love to allow them on the message boards, but currently we do not. As with anything else, this particular forum rule is under constant review and may change in the future.

With regards to personal/private messaging - I have said before. we do not monitor these in the same way as the message boards and the content of them is not public so if you choose to send a link to another website to a friend then so be it. We would however ask that you do not send direct links to individual feeds.

Guest birdog

Ok thanks for that Scotty, as you know I have just been dipping in and out of here until recently so I thought I would ask first.

Guest birdog

Why not PM the site birdog? Thats not against forum rules!

Well at first I thought about the site's legal position then I thought about having to read through a ton of PMs and replying to each and with me working at sea my inbox would be chocka. I will however PM anyone who wants the link whilst I am on leave this time, that way you can all pass it on between you.

Guest birdog

Why not secretly hide the link to the site, in one of the words of your posts.  :023:

If I did something like that and managed to cure your osession for live footy then perhaps I would be a bit of a "live footy doctor."